Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2620&start_row=21

Behold! (Haile Selassie is still alive video)

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 33
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 2/17/2008 10:25:42 AM

Here is another reasoning about the video Recent picture of HIM as a batawi monk?

Ras KebreAB,

to many points of your reply I would answer; but to continue face to face is the best thing, so, as you said, i stop here. But since we are in a public forum, where everyone reads, I must say just a few thing to avoid misinterpretations on what i said.

It is clear that the first purpose of man’s life is to praise the Lord God Jah at all times, and it is also clear that His Will is Over and comes always before man’s will. And this is indeed what the law teaches. We are bound in the Law, we are bound in a Law that shows us our egocentrism; infact if we were not that unholy and disobeying children, we would have not had the Law. It is written that where there is Law, there it is sin; but where Law is not, there is no sin. Did your parents ever shown you your mistakes, by putting before your eyes your very deeds, your faults? If they talked to you and said “you don’t have to...” without saying WHAT you had not to do, and without showing you your faults, how could you ever repent, and be conscent of your failures? The same is with the Almighty Father, the thing is that our parents can’t kill our souls, when instead Jah is our forever teacher, and on Him depends our destiny, our selves.
However, if these things above are not accepted by someone, it remains the fact that i haven’t said anything new. To me the Word of God, and His requirements are those written in the Tablets of Heaven, and they were saying “be under the Law”. Check it, i don’t say those words by myself, i have those Words from the same source you have: where you and I read “love ye oneanother” we read also “transgress not the Law of Moses”.

You stated that the Apostles had a different mindset, from the one we have. Here i repeat that this is not a talking worthy of the Ethiopian tradition. If we begun to think that 2000 years ago was one thing, now it is another ecc. ecc., we would see everything as time-ruled, when the POWER of Jah has no time, no ruler. The safety ethiopian orthodoxy present us, is this: that we can keep our self pure until the Owner of the vineyard come, not corrupting our selves in arrogance and transgression, but keep for thousands year a tradition the world would not be able to keep. If you look at europe, eastern world, they are theones who think this way; they are convinced that what was once, now has to be another thing, and so they disintegrate their ancient faith, wisdom, and knowledge. You can witness that, being an ethiopian, you can witness how long the spiritual fortress Ethiopians defended had never felt, till His Majesty, and only He, renewed It.
We must keep the comandment, and not replace it with the fashons of the times.

“1] I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
[2] And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”

Those who were kings, queens, elders etc hve a preminent place inhistory if their legacy was so mercyful and grate unto God. For this reason His Majesty raised a sculpture of Menelik II in Ethiopia, and had a paint of the same in His Office.
But, still,

“Genesis 49: 10] The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh (Shiloh being the Messiah) come”

We all must respect the laws of the countries, but He said that the foundamental and the basis for world peace is the Onu Chart, and the UN are allowed to come to erase all the enemies of international brotherlhood,peace and freedom even if those enemies set laws in their own country which provide for the violation of human rights.
The purpose of UN is indeed the international security, and the possibility of aiding foreign countries to establish democratic regims, shooting down all the slavemasters.

Ark I,

Of course, as you said, the Law is still alive. I haven’t denied it. Looking at Ethiopia, it is the only country that keeps ancient customs, and laws. I say this referring to the “esthetical” laws. I don’t hink we have to discuss about the inner one, since we all know that Love is the Key, and Violence is the way to meet Satan.

Just to sum up, circumcision: we can do that, yet we are not condamned if we don’t. Sabbath: we can observe it (and it is very good to do it and there is no reason to refuse to observe Sabbath, which the Angels too observe), but we are not condemned if we do not. This would be enough, but, to be complete, it woulr be good to add to “we are not condemned” “we are NO MOR condemned”. In a few words, we agree that WE ARE FREE, from any law but the Law of Love toward God, and toward the neighbour.

In response to you, Ark I, there are also things in the one to Ras KebreAB, so i don’t write them again.
Blessed

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 2/17/2008 11:29:27 PM

Diego, I dont really know what to say to you anymore. Everytime i say something to you, you go somewhere else. Truly speaking, if it was someone else who i knew less, i would think that you were trying to antagonise i on purpose, but i dont think that you would do that
The first paragraph about not transgressing the Law of Moses, why are you writing that to i? Who disagreed with that? did i?, and dont tell me this is a public forum, this was written particularly to i, and i am still wondering what for. Through all this time that you have been coming here, what did you see from i that would make you think that i would have anything but the utmost respect and reverence for Moses Law?
"To me the Word of God, and His requirements are those written in the Tablets of Heaven, and they were saying “be under the Law”. Check it, i don’t say those words by myself". why are you saying this to i ?

To the other paragraph, "Here i repeat that this is not a talking worthy of the Ethiopian tradition." , i humbly ask you not to say something like that to i again, i really really dont want to have problems with the i.
I will say this, anyone who really believes that things are the same as they were 2000 years ago, is living an illusion, and this is where those who blindly read the bible are living.
Dont say anything to i about "the power of JAh".
I never said anything about JAH changing, or the Word or Laws of JAH changing, i was talking about mankind and the earth, not heaven, wherever you think that is.
You can tell i, who is it that said
"We must become something we have never been ......We must become bigger than we have been......We must become members of a new race"

who said that, and tell i why he said that before you tell i that things and times dont change, before you tell i about Ithiopian tradition.
Yet, you speak to i about "the fashion of the times", come now brethren, you should know better than that.
Take i words for what i mean them to be, not for what you expect them to be
Now concerning the Apostles, yes they did have a certain mindset which will differ surely in one way or the other from the mindset of today, just as those that lived 2000 years ago before the Apostles would have a slightly different mindset than the apostles.
We are human, no true. The apostles are human, no true? We live and learn, rise, fall,advance, retreat........we evolve, that is to be a human being, no?
The truth is,although you are making me say it, because you already went there, i wasnt even trying to say that the Apostles had a different mindset from even I iself
All i was trying to say to you was, when you are reading the bible, you cannot always just take the experiences of people who lived thousands of years ago and simply superimpose it on this times and seasons. You have to see the times, the purpose, the circumstances, everything really, and then you see how it applies to Life NOW.
Now to the apostles, stop talkin much and just simply apply it to your life, right here and now.
What would you do, if babylon now, falsely charges you and imprisons you today, eh? Are you going to say King Selassie I said i can fight if i want to? and then what are you going to try and break out of prison and go on the run and all that ? really?
I can tell you what i would do, exactly what the Apostles did, hehe, isnt that something, They can charge i falsely, but like Marley said, Jah shall prove i innocency, so they can put i behind three walls and iron bars, i know that JAH is there with i even in the dungeons so i nah fret for nothing,seen.
But, if say, babylon tomorrow tried to take Africa again, THEN, i say JAH has given I the right to fight, and id be there surely
So to i, the whole thing you said before about the apostles just falls down into nothing...............for the simple reason that you fail to iditate on how it applies to your life now
Things,Times,purpose,circumstances, LIFE, everything changes, only JAH alone is Iternal.

Before you are a student of the Bible, or the Koran or whichever holy book, be a student of LIFE, that is the only book which has no end page, see it?
But if ones keep thinking that a few hundred pages can contain the FULLNESS of the JAH FATHER and LIFE, there is little hope for mankind to attain and accomplish the works he was put here on earth for.

lol, i really cant believe you said that to i. Better for i to laugh than to get vexed eh?

You cant say what you say about the sabbath and then tell i about Ithiopian tradition, Just take a look iyah, you want to say
"Just to sum up, circumcision: we can do that, yet we are not condamned if we don’t. Sabbath: we can observe it (and it is very good to do it and there is no reason to refuse to observe Sabbath, which the Angels too observe), but we are not condemned if we do not. This would be enough, but, to be complete, it woulr be good to add to “we are not condemned” “we are NO MOR condemned"

No more eh? so what has changed here? Now we are not bound by the sabbath law anymore eh? So the Word of JAH has changed? But the MINDSET of people who lived two thousand years ago, no that cannot change, that is against ithiopian tradition?

Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 2/18/2008 2:31:17 AM

Brethren,

i know certain things of what i said you knew alredy. For this reason I said that I must go on exlaining my words less TOTHERS may misunderstand it, since I am not speaking to you only. When i refer to you, saying "you said", i could have just written "as the Brethren Ras KebreAB said"; in a few words, it was just to make clear that I was replying to your words to show others what i had to say.

Then, I will be shorter than before, because we should stopp as we have already said many times, but for the same motivations written above, i go on.

Things are changed NOW, that He has come. He changes. He alone has the right to change, and not MEN before He come. Of course, NOW that He has come, He free us: "The Lion of Judah shall break every chain..." so the song says, and if freeing us He didn't changed something, how could He have changed us?

Concerning the Sabbath: i think it would be pointless to say that Sabbath is good to be observed and that Sabbath is Holy for many many reasons, because i know we all agree on that. The fact is: in ancient israel, was it allowed not to respect Sabbath without being thrown out of the city, or refused by the whole community (in a word: condamned)? The answer is well known: no. the question is not which were the reasons for his working on the seventh day, the question is just that not observing pratically the seventh day rest, he fell.
Now we are allowed to "transgress" it without perish, tohugh we should better observ it; same thing for circumcision, we are not bound, but free to choose if have it or not, and we do not fall under any condamnation if we choose not do do it.

Ethiopia had always a davidic monarch who reminded her (ethiopia) that the davidic line would eventually end under the Rule of the Only True King, and Ethioia has always been under a monarchy which always reminded her of the ancient permission of a king man for Israel, Israel who refused God as King. If we were in catholicism, we would have not understood these things about kingship, and though ethiopian orthodox do not recognise Him, they lie the foundamentals principles for us, the same foundamentals that His Majesty tought to the four corners of the earth.

I wait you on skype.

Blessed

Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 2/18/2008 2:51:48 AM

I'm so sorry, i went not to the point in the paragraph on the Sabbath: the main thing is that that Law was a temporary Law given to Israel "because of the hardness of ther hearts".
Matt.19
[7] They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
[8] He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

so it was to be replaced by a New Covenant

Jer 31

[31] Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah

New to this
Ex 24:
[8] And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant, which the LORD hath made with you concerning all these words.

We must remember that in History has always been two brothers, thus two laws---Isaac and Ishmael, Jacob and Esau, and the second replaced the first. The second was perfectn and came after the first, and that second lasted.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 2/18/2008 12:40:31 PM

Brethren, i see the problem now. You are not listening to i at all. It seems you have something to say on your mind, and you are going to say it regardless of what i am talking about.
You say things like things are changed NOW that HE has come. No doubt, no one is arguing that. But you fail to see the changes i am talking about, Life changes, that happen and are happening all around you with every breath you take
When i gave you the King Selassie quote about becoming as new, i dont know what that means to you, but it means one thing to i, Change your mindset, start thinking anew, fresh. Thats all i wanted to point out. If peoples mindsets dont change, He wouldnt have told us to do what was impossible for ini to do, no? But just because i pointed out to you that people 200o years ago might have a slightly different mindset than ini today, you know what you said to i, i wont repeat it

The quote that you gave concerning the divorce laws, first off that is not THE LAW, that is one of the laws. And that is i believe what Ark I was trying to show you, but i wont get into that now.

One thing, i always wonder about ones like you brethren, is do you ever even stop to consider that these are PEOPLE that you are talking about? I mean people just like you and i ? whether it be moses or whoever else, people with their own mindsets, their own circumstances to deal with, their own knowledge and beliefs, their own interpretations of the things and CHANGES that they see happening all around them?

"The fact is: in ancient israel, was it allowed not to respect Sabbath without being thrown out of the city, or refused by the whole community (in a word: condamned)? The answer is well known: no. the question is not which were the reasons for his working on the seventh day, the question is just that not observing pratically the seventh day rest, he fell.
Now we are allowed to "transgress" it without perish, tohugh we should better observ it; same thing for circumcision, we are not bound, but free to choose if have it or not, and we do not fall under any condamnation if we choose not do do it."

OK, now, So, in ancient Israel, you were thrown out for not observing the sabbath, and homosexuals were stoned, ok
Who did the throwing out, who did the stoning ? PEOPLE , ok

Now in this time, who is that allows you to transgress the sabbath, who is that allows you to be a homosexual, who allows you not to be circumsised? PEOPLE

Who wont condemn you today for what they used to condemn you yesterday ? PEOPLE

Anyone who says to I, we can observe the Sabbath if we WANT to, but we dont NEED to , i burn it out
Just i burn ut those that want to say, we can grow our locks but we dont need to.
You might as well tell i, we can praise the MOST HIGH if we want to, but we dont need to

Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 2/18/2008 3:14:23 PM

I will answer just to one thing.

When i said that we are allowed i ddidn't mean by people bu by God.

Then, ofcourse i wasn't saying that it is not needed to do things like observing Sabbath (just an example), but just that who inthe Sabbath day will have to work to build an hospital for his own people , he won't perish. saying that it is unusefull growing locks, or things like these, would be an european standard mindset, that is spiritualist and not spiritual. the significance of many practice like these above are evident and universally acknowledged, the thing is that Jah, in His New Covenant of Love permitt us not to be circumcised, "permitt", not "order" or "say that it would be bad to be circumcised", no, just "permit".
i think it's clear that in all the post i am referring to Paul's letters, so it is not possible to believe that i am denying the practice of some esthetical laws and customs inasmuch the same Paul, who preached the liberation from the law, has been a Nazarite for some time, yet not being under the law: Paul saw that the law was good to keep you alive, in constant exercise, not to forget yourself:

Rom2,25] For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision

If we do not observe the Law that always stands, the Comandment of Love and Life and Spirit, everything else is uneuseful; but on the other side it is an upliftment.

I know well that you already know all these last things, but i would not know howelse i could answer.

And Brethren, my pourposes are not to prevail or to be the master of your faith, seriously i just want to explain myself, though being repetitive sometimes, overall because, i will say it again, when we fail here, not everyone will response to ask if things could be some more clearer, but will be convinced of his interpretation, and i cannot let suchthings happen, if i have the means to avoid it.

i seriously exhort you to stop here, as i will do if we will able to, unless it is to reason in a way that might be clear to everyone apart you and i, and that brings not to confusion, less the forum lose its main pourpose.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/18/2008 11:26:51 PM

I just wanted to reason about some of the things said in the past few reasonings.

Diego, you said,
-----------
I'm so sorry, i went not to the point in the paragraph on the Sabbath: the main thing is that that Law was a temporary Law given to Israel "because of the hardness of ther hearts".
Matt.19
[7] They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
[8] He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.
-----------

That scripture doesn't represent what you are trying to say about the Sabbath. From the beginning, Man was to be as One with his Wife, what Jah put together nobody can break apart. What Christ was saying when he said "because of the hardness of your hearts" was that men were so disobedient and vile that they refused to Live as One with their Wife, so Moses gave them direction on the procedure for divorce if their heart was so hard that they wouldn't Live Right. It was because of their refusal to follow Jah way that divorce was made.

The Sabbath wasn't given because of the hardness of their hearts, it was given for a good purpose for the development of Ones and Ones toward the Most High. If anything, it is the forgiveness of not following the Sabbath in certain circumstances that was given "because of the hardness of your hearts", because people didn't always follow the Sabbath, and this is not something that changed when Christ came, this was what people did all the while from when this Law was first given them.

You also said,
-----------
Now we are allowed to "transgress" it without perish, tohugh we should better observ it; same thing for circumcision, we are not bound, but free to choose if have it or not, and we do not fall under any condamnation if we choose not do do it.
-----------

There has always been Forgiveness and Mercy in the Most High, this is written about in the Old Testament, it is not something that just started in the New Testament. Jah showed the people in the Old testament in Ezekiel that if a sinner turns away from his sin and turns unto Righteousness, then his sin will not be mentioned and he will be remembered for his righteousness. And in the same way, if a man turn away from sin and Lives Right, but then returns to Sin again, and perishes without turning unto Righteousness again, then he will die in his sin.

And you quoted Jeremiah 31, here is a little more.

-----------
Jeremiah 31
[31] Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
[32] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
[33] But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
[34] And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
-----------

Don't you Iverstand what Jah is saying here? The problem with the old Covenant was that the people don't Live according to the Law because of their filthiness and vileness. In the New Covenant, their is no transgression from the Law, that is impossible, because the Law is no longer something that is told to do, it is something that is an inseparable part of Man because it is in their inward parts and written within their heart, so they are free from sin and will only Live in Righteousness.

Ras KebreAB said:
---------------------
Change your mindset, start thinking anew, fresh.
---------------------

Yes I, this is what I and I must change. Men always want to think that Jah is like them, so after some time they come and try to say that Jah has changed and the principles that Jah showed before have changed. Jah never changes, the only thing that will bring Oneness is if we change. Change from our transgression and wickedness that we have always lived. Change unto Righteousness instead, no paper or writing is needed to make this change, all that is needed is to listen to the Most High and Jah will show I and I everything that I and I should do. And when I and I listen to Jah, I and I won't be under the Law because I and I won't be Living contrary to the Law.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 2/19/2008 4:52:06 AM

Ark I, i suggest to move the threads in another topic about the Law.

When I refer to Sabbath, i take it just as an example.
If you really want to know what do i think about the Sabbath, well, it is that Sabbath is the Holiest Day, the Day wich the angels too celebrate before men did know that they had to celebrate it, so why should i denie its observance, since it is eternal?

I was speaking about the Sabbath, but not about it for itslef, just taking it as an example of transgression of the Law which had to condemn men. The fact that if one did turn from his sin to the Law, he had to practice the Law, and that Law said to men to condemn their brothers, this was the Law; of course the Law said also love ye oneanother, but ths is the point: we had to choose between being people of God respecting the entire law, and loving God, between an Aplha and an Omega, and we could not be both: but only He is Both Alpha and Omega. Then, we we read at the prophets, we can't read to them as completly contemporary to their ages: when is said "practice piety instead of sacrifice", ofcourse it refer to what Israel should do in that very time, but if in that time they could not have piety because of the Law, they just had to wait for an other TIME. we were in contradiction within our selves, to choose between two opposites, because the Law itself was two opposite: love or revenge.
Only in Him sussists the possibility of love being not condemned.

When we look at the old Testament, beore the Law was given, we see that many comandments were not new to the people of Moses: the levirate was already practiced by Judah, son of Jacob, and slaveryship was known to Abraham too. These are just two examples of laws of the Law, that are not compatible with Love, but are truly in the Law given in Mt Sinai. If we consider this, then we can also see that for example those who practiced the levirates (that the Lord condamn as adultery) were accomplished by the Law, in the sense that the Lord gave them a law proportionated to their wickedness, that they be sure that they had to be under their wickedness, because of their stone heart. So, also in the case of matrimony, the divorce, that very likely pleased the people of Israel, was given because of the hardness of their hearts, not as precept of Life, but as reminder of their hardness. The fact that with the Lord Iyesus it has been abolished is significant, as well as the stoning to death of women, prescibed by the law itself.
and this is comparable with the flood. after the flood the Lord said that He would have no more wiped away from the earth all the sins, because man's heart is weak from he is a little child. so, He would not change the things, and leave the sin on earth, and let the righteous dweel among the wicked, in a few word, He says that He won't curse the earth anymore, because of the wickedness of man, but doing this He curse it, saying that it shall be filled with sin. and this could be translated in other words like "I won't give you the true love because of your wickedness". infact, Enoc says that when the Lord will come and sit on His Throne of glory, there shall be no more sin, and this is also what Revelation says. however it is quite clear how, after God saw the way man behavioured such as toward his wife, He forced man to do it as if it was law (and indeed it was). an more, i don't argue that the law was word of men, but i say tha it was true Word of God, given to man; but, as Jah Himself allowed Satan to reign, as Jubilees says, over menn with his spiritual power, and as He shall throw satan away (satan, allowed by His Word), in the same way He can remove the law established by His Word . infact, "heaven and earth shall pass, but not so My Word", because His Word is the Divine and Spiritual Law of Love always standing, from ever and for ever, everything else is human will, human creation, like heaven and earth that are created and from ever eternal as He Who created them, and also the Law He granted, must pass, because it is not eternal as the everliving Law of Love and Spiritual understanding, that now can be written on the tablets of our hearts, and not outside us.

Messenger: Jaaajaaa Sent: 8/4/2018 11:13:19 AM

Jah! I Selassie i
Live. Majesty imperial. Dreadlocks. I love. Cannabis. Lion of judah. Reggae.
Oau. Haile. Jah. Jaaa

Messenger: Jaaajaaa Sent: 8/4/2018 11:14:54 AM

Jah!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 33

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I