Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2620&start_row=11

Behold! (Haile Selassie is still alive video)

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 33
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 2/12/2008 5:54:52 PM

Here is another reasoning about the video Recent picture of HIM as a batawi monk?

Idren, the thing the i said about linguistics, i accpet. As i said before i overs what you were trying to say
Its just that i dont like to hear "now" and "then" when it comes to the Iternal Living God. Always Priest, always King, always Melchezidek,always the Irator.
No doubt, Christ come at different times to fulfill different works, but Christ still
So dont misunderstand i if i burn fyah on words like "as He has ever been."
"the law is in HIS hands" ? when has the Law been out of HIS hands?
No iyah, things havent changed at all. JAH throne has always been and ever wil be on earth in the hearts of HIS children and servants
And those who serve men, still serve men and have been serving men from the beginning
Different times different purpose, is all. In that time Christ told them that the only power they had over HIM was the power granted to them by His Father in heaven. What has changed ?
what power did Mengistu hailemariam and the Dergue have over HIM but what he allowed them, what power did mussolini have over HIM to exile HIM from his own land.

anyways
the reason why i am saying all this is this.........

the first thing that irritated i about this video is that the man there was talking in certainties. He didnt say, this man is a monk who we belive might be Haile Selassie, no, he said it like a fact, like this is indeed His Majesty
when people dont draw a line between what they know and what they believe, it really gets on my nerves

so it kinda got me the wrong way when i saw your reply. I mean the thing about the nose was enough for you to say
BUT, to completely discount this as FALSE, just by saying, HE was a Priest then, He is now a King, just didnt seem right to me.
Ofcourse i am not saying i believe this video, no, not for a second.
But i can never say, 100 percent, He was a priest, he is now a King, so its impossible that is indeed HIM
What is impossible for HIM?

For if you say, Christ didnt really come as a King in that time, then i could argue with you, well, He didnt really come as a priest either, a carpenter would describe Him better
but ofcourse ini both know who He is

Its just a little strange to i, that you find it easier to believe that Christ is walking somewhere on the moon than to believe that HIM trodding in the hills of Ithiopia

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 2/12/2008 6:06:45 PM

You are sweet sistren Ten

May your blessings return "ten" fold, hehe, excuse i, you know i am a wordsmith
Love i Empress
Rastafari

Messenger: Queen Ile Sent: 2/12/2008 8:23:26 PM

Bless,
This is the first I heard or seen of this photo, so wanted to bring it forward to reason.

Photo or none, its a fact that HIM Live and reign forIvermore.

I give thanks for the reasoning, Ten brings in an ilahful word-
'But then again I suppose its not so much HIS physical being as HIS supernatural being that matters more as this encompasses and constitutes everything on earth.'

Selah

Give Thanks

Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 2/13/2008 7:42:02 AM

Ras KebreAB,

there are many misunderstandings.

When the Isrealites chose a king among them, they disobey God, Who was their Only King. From that time, they didn't serve God as their king, but one of them, and one of them is so great in his own eyes to believe he is king over his brothers, when, instead, we are all equal. And He Who rules over the equal men can be Only God.

As the Apostolic Teaching says, we have to bow and rispect and recognise the authorities, the secular powers over us. Infact we have to pay obedience to them. When the Apostle says so, he does not want to say that authorities are right, infact he hiself was imprisoned. He just says that until the Mosth High comes again, we are bound to obey men-kings. In this sense, the davidic or judaic kingship lineage is ungodly, because it wants just to take the place of God, and be king when the Only King is God. Infact Genesis says that the Scepter shall not depart from Judah till Shiloh come. In the sense that until Christ come and sit upon the Throne, there will always be a human king we have to bow to. You see, the western christianity faught agains the secular power and wanted to be the ruler over secular things, and in this way they trasgressed the Apostolic Teachings, and cannot recognise a King Who free us from the bondage and chain of human kingship (slavery etc..) because they were secular rulers for themselves: the Pope wanted to be king.
When you say that everything happen to us done by another king is legitimated by the Father you say right. You quoted the Christ when He says to Pontius that he (Pontius) could do nothing if his power didn't come from the Father. And this is the same for Israel: Solomon was annointed with a Holy , Godly Oil, and Jah gave him power over all. But this doesn't mean that Solomon's rulership is right. as i said before, God allowed a king , as well as He allowed that a woman could be stoned to death. He did it because He knew man was wicked, and that man wanted this. He did it just to show us our wickedness, so that we could repent. Now He take away the human scepter, and no one else can sit onHis Throne, indeed, there is no more succession on the Throne of David in Ethiopia. And no other Caesar has the power given by God, no more.
Now, things have changed because, He as Moses free us politically. When Iyasus came, He freed us from the bondage of spiritual sin, but not from the chain on Herod or Caesar. He didn't give us any law to assure international morality and respect for human rights, no bill, no parliament, no constitution. His Mission could not be bound to the Heavenly side, because He created both Heaven and Earth.
The first time, He assured us lie after death, life in Heaven and the forgiveness of sins, a Heavenly way. But He could not forget the Earh, and therefore He came and free us from Egypt, from Babylon, in the political sense, very concrete.

Then, the Book of Jubelee says that "Knowledge went on earth, and tried to dwell among men, but She found not a place of dwelling among them, because Adam and Eve were wicked, and She went to dwell in the heart of the angles, in Heaven". The Bible also says "Heaven as His Throne, Earth under His feet". We see that since Heaven cannot corrupt, they remained the same Holy Places of ever, and that when angels sinned they were thrown out, as Satan. In the earth, instead, were men are Parents, and they have children, they pass they sin by generation, from Adam to Abraham to Moses and so on., as Paul says in the Letter to Romans.
So, Heaven kept His Original purity, and not so for Earh. But we know that "as it was in the beginning so shall it be in the end". the Garden of Eden must be re established, and the Throne of Jah, that the whole Bible says to be in Heaven, must be re established on Earth. Why, if bot Heaven and Earth are His Creatures, only on Heaven His Throne could be? On Earth TOO! But Earth did corrupt, and it came to pass that on Earth there were priests and kings that were not God. So, if all must be re established, Jah must be again and for ever our God and King.

Now i think is clear that, though He can't change, cant lose anything nor achieve anything since HE IS NOW AND FOREVER EVERSINCE, the Earth was ruled by unjust laws owing to unjust kings to whm we had to bow , and against whom now we are authorised by the Mosth High King to rebel and figh t, and GET UP STAND UP. Before He came, no human right bill was available, that recognised both God and man in the principles of Life. (look at the frech pagan human right bill 1789, or anything else, you won't find anything like the Onu Chart, signed by Haile Selasie in Person). He has always been King, but still in the Christian era, we had to pay obedience to other kings authorised by God , as you sayd, was Pontius. yet Iyasus taught we can't serve two masters; but it was so that it had to be. And that contradiction now is up for ever.

so anyone that in the time of Saul wanted to do something that Saul had forbidden , he could, but, disobeying, he had to be imprisoned, just as in Egypt. Now that our Moses Haile Selassie has come, we can disobey to whom we want, and if imprisoned, we can escape, rebe and fight and fight and fight. Rmember that when the Apostles were imprisoned they didn't flee thanks to them selves, but thanks to an Angel who freed them. They didn't rebel, they just kept on spreading the Gospel paying the consequences, not rebelling.

The Book of Oseah Prophet speaks aboundantly about the erasing of the davidic lineage and crown , to leave the Seat the True King.

I think that the best way to reason is real time chat. In that way all the misunderstanding woul not take place, and there would be more calm to speak.

Hope to have been clear enough

Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 2/13/2008 8:13:44 AM

sorry i wrote "knowledge" instead of "Wisdom"

And one more thing to Ras KebreAB: i said that He could be sitted on the moon just to say that He could be wherever. However the Whole Earth is His dominion, so Ethiopia stands for everyother nation, that, however, now is under the Red Gold and Green of Zion

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 2/13/2008 8:25:35 PM

Psalm 113 (114) : 3, 4; Matthew 3 : 13 – finish; Titus 3 : 4 – 8; 1John 5 : 5 – 13; Acts 10: 34- 39; Psalm 76 (77) : 16; Luke 3 : 21 - finish

The article below explains contemporary appreciation for the above readings

Celebrating the Twelfth Day of God the Incarnate Word

Today, as in the fourth century, when this feast appeared, together with the celebration of Christ’s birth as an infant, there are many disputing how much of traditional Faith might still be relevant for modern man. St. John, the Baptizer of our Lord, dedicated his life to being just as attuned to God’s revelation as the elements of nature prevailing in that wilderness where he lived and preached. Like the elements of water, rocks and beasts, he appreciated the real thing when He came along.

By contrast, even in early church history there were those supposing Jesus to have either been just a very specially blessed creature or a phantom that could only have appeared in history as physically human. And within recent history we behold thousands of attempts to either make an incomplete “Bible” the only credible source of belief, as well as others with new attempts to further distort the traditional message by using modern academia to establish yet another scriptural canon, more amenable to their agenda.

Specifically, I refer to a group calling itself “The Westar Institute” which is responsible for a contemporary project they call “The Jesus Seminar.” Claiming religious literacy as their goal, they vote on what they consider to be believable.

That is why our holy God-bearing Fathers appointed feasts prepared for by fasts to be observed in cycles, yielding the right interpretation of texts they had approved as being authentic scripture. We must repent of our selfishness to receive matching inspiration to faithfully copy the whole package, which they had been inspired to approve, as being inspired by all who wrote correctly about God’s immutable purpose. As our Saviour Jesus Christ told His cousin St. John, “Let it be so now; for it is proper for us in this way to fulfil all righteousness.” (Mat. 3:15)

St. Paul’s letter to Titus, reminds us that “…when the goodness and loving-kindness of God our Saviour appeared, 5he saved us, not because of any works of righteousness that we had done, but according to his mercy, through the water of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit.”

Lest any fall into that classical trap of imagining that salvation is only a mind game, that requires no sweat equity, St. John’s 1st General Epistle reminds us of the response expected from each of us, in the time that God gives us, “Who is it that conquers the world but the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?” John, the Theologian, goes on to list important signs of true belief. In Luke 3:22, that author answers by referring the reader to the fullness of testimony, to which we have been called and should share, by all of our works. It can be transmitted, only by faithfully demonstrating that what we believe to be the absolute truth, was revealed By God the beloved Son. He came to become one of us, leading us, that we might, by everything that we do, proclaim Him as “Lord of all.”

Haile Selassie King of Kings "Lord of all"

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 2/14/2008 8:28:41 PM

Ises ises

well, lol, i can see what the i mean about real time chat because we seem to have gone a bit off course here. But give thanks still, i hope many will read your post and the i has given i some things to think about. Some things we do disagree, nothing to point out so much though.
I can say though, the main difference i see is in how we look at the world, and i get the feeling that you have a very christian centred view of things. I iself cannot see things that way knowing how short that time span is when compared to how long inini have been trodding this earth.
Other than that, the i said, there are many misunderstandings, but i dont really see them
Anyways, i still have your address, when i get time to really sit and talk, i hope to reason with the i.

Bless and give thanks
Rastafari

quick question,
from what the i wrote, it could be interpreted as if you are saying that all those,whoever they might be and wherever they might be from, who fought for God and Truth againgst the corrupt rule of men BEFORE the time that HIM came to sit on HIM Throne, were going against God and his "authorised" men kings.
Would that be right?

Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 2/15/2008 9:49:10 AM

Ras KebreAB,

remember that I don't use msn anymore, I have only skype. (ghebre.berhane)

Those who fought against the kings before He came, in a certain way fought against God will, but in an other sense they fought against the devil himself. I mean, they fought against satan because all dominions and powers are under satan rule (since he who wants to replace God Throne with his own throne can be no one else than satan), and this is specified by the Gospel when satan says to Iyesus Krstos "look all this thrones of nations, I will give thee them for they all are under my rule, just if you bow down to me". Then many many Scriptures say that, Jubilee also says that the first time the word "government" was pronounced on earth it was when the Vigilants Angels came down and made mankind sin agaist God. The first king at those times was one of the Vigilant Angels, "Mastema". Then Israel had no king, Mastema didn't rule over them but over the gentiles, and yet Israel claimed out for a king amongst them. So the freedom fighters of the eras before His Majesty's Government faught agaisnt the wicked, and shed theyr blood for the just cause. HIM Himself says that just few words can be added to the struggle "our african brothers fought" and that theyr memory will always live. Of course they could not be condemned for having struggled for theyr human rights. On the other hand, it is just as for the Law. The Law that the Lord comes to fulfill, was not good enough to sanctify us nor save us. When the Lord Krestos was asked about divorce, He answered the Israelites "don't you know that Moses allowed you it because of your wickedness?". So this is what the Twelve teach. Then the Prophets say that a New Covenant had to be signed, and the old covenant to be forgotten. Indeed the "Old Testament" was a testament, and as testament it had to be inherited and be no more--->New Testament comes out. Now, though that Law was to be replaced, it had to be respected until the Saviour came. Christ eventually freed us from the bondage of that law. We can see that if one wanted to transgress a revengeous law had to be called a good man. Still the transgression of the law was for him cause of damnation. The Pentateuch clearly says that everyone who MAY transgress the law is cursed. Christ freed us, Christ Who in His Exemplary Life transgressed the Law, and He was the only good Man on earth, since: the Israelites were under the law, the others were gentiles. No one was Righteous but Him.
Now, it is also for the kingdom, bacause of these facts:
1) The kingship of men was to show us our own wickendess in chosing a king other to God. Indeed in 1Samuel chpt 8, 6-9:
But when they said, "Give us a king to lead us," this displeased Samuel; so he prayed to the LORD. And the LORD told him: "Listen to all that the people are saying to you; it is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected me as their king. As they have done from the day I brought them up out of Egypt until this day, forsaking me and serving other gods, so they are doing to you. Now listen to them; but warn them solemnly and let them know what the king who will reign over them will do."

And again 8, 10-21:
10 Samuel told all the words of the LORD to the people who were asking him for a king. 11 He said, "This is what the king who will reign over you will do: He will take your sons and make them serve with his chariots and horses, and they will run in front of his chariots. Some he will assign to be commanders of thousands and commanders of fifties, and others to plow his ground and reap his harvest, and still others to make weapons of war and equipment for his chariots. He will take your daughters to be perfumers and cooks and bakers. He will take the best of your fields and vineyards and olive groves and give them to his attendants. He will take a tenth of your grain and of your vintage and give it to his officials and attendants. Your menservants and maidservants and the best of your cattle [b] and donkeys he will take for his own use. He will take a tenth of your flocks, and you yourselves will become his slaves. When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from the king you have chosen, and the LORD will not answer you in that day."
But the people refused to listen to Samuel. "No!" they said. "We want a king over us. 20 Then we will be like all the other nations, with a king to lead us and to go out before us and fight our battles."
When Samuel heard all that the people said, he repeated it before the LORD. 22 The LORD answered, "Listen to them and give them a king."

So, the rights of the king over his people would have been unrighteousness, wickedness, right of raping, robbing and slaving. Just becasue if the supreme power was given to a simple man, he would have used it the ways his souls preferred. Give them power they destroy your land, in a few word.

2) Though a human government was of evilous origins, it had to be respected and submitted to. Infact Peter, John Paul and the Apostles, they never broke they chain alone, but always thanks to angels. When they preached, Caesars condamned them, yet they kept on preaching; but in this way they didn't rebel politically, infact when they had to be arrested they didn't take arms and fought, they just closed they eyes and went to jail. Also when the roman soldiers came to take Iyesus the Lord with violence, He refused to use violence, or to rebel, and He said this clearly unto one of the disciples.
Of course a righeous man would fight agaisnt the wicked politician, but you see that they were all imprisoned, killed and so on..

For the Christianity question you talked about, if we follow His Makesty's Teachings, we see that we have "to live the Example set by Egziabher Iyesus Krstos, to live a Christian Life". In this sense we should be subtittet to the authorities, to pay to have both Caesar and God, and to be unbder a human power authorized by God, by His Unction. But, how comes that, He , Leader of the Orthodox Church, Who never transgressed these principles, tell us that we are allowed to fight if necessary, until our victory ove revil? and how come that He tell us to take our arms if the situation require it?
He is so mighty to break the tradition, and the damnation, and to fulfill something that no one was able to fulfill: who on earth or in heaven could unite the Alpha and the Omega ? who can be able to do so? "And I wept , for i didn't see anyone able...but look, here is the King of Kings..". Such a things is followed by the the shaking of heaven and earth (Hebrew 12,26) with the great sounds of trumpet and voice of thunders.
Till we had a human king how could he set consitutional rights and justice? No juridical law was able to save a nation, because that law could not sanctify a nation, nor save it, (as the other law), not the illuminists, communist ,fascist, but only God could do it. No one else owns the Throne of Haile Selassie. Who sits there? His descents? No. The scepter from beteen the feet of Judah and David is no more. Only His King ship has value, and He alone owns it.
we be so grateful to Him, for He broke all chains, and gave us His Law. Just think and the Fetha Nagast, a thousand-year old juridical tradition, never broken before. Only He had the basis to set new foundations, everything else was old, and human.

Blessed check Oseah Prophet

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 2/15/2008 4:58:44 PM

Blessed I Diego B

lol, i think ini better stop it off here. Give thanks again, i overs your points, it is well appreciloved, although i do feel sometimes like you are trying to convince i of who HIS Majesty is and what HIS purpose is, lol, but no matter. Again i will say, i find the major difference is to be found in how we look at the world. I can never claim to be a student of the bible,not saying that i dont read or rely on the bible but id rather describe iself as a student of life
"So, the rights of the king over his people would have been unrighteousness, wickedness, right of raping, robbing and slaving"
with that sentence you have already condemned every king and Queen that has ever been, i cannot do that
King,Queen,Teacher,Head of a family,Elder of the community........they all have their place and purpose.....no matter how you look at it, one way or the other they are all "authorised" by JAH
The ONLY question that matters to i, what takes priority in your life, the laws of men, kings,queens, etc or the requirements of the Most High JAh
You take the example of Peter etc...to say any evilous regime "in that time" had to be submitted too. I say no. I say that is peter and John etc...thats the mindset they had, and that is what they did, ofcourse, with the teachings of turn the other cheek still fresh in their minds they would act accordingly. But turn the other cheek is just half the teaching...who told them to forget An eye for an eye. But ofcourse they were Christians, ini are RASTAFARI, ini say there is a time and place and purpose for everything. Yes Emperor Selassie I tell ini to fight if ini have to, but HE also tells ini to respect and obey their laws whenever ini trod through their lands
And that is exactly what i do and what i will keep doing, AS long as their laws do not try to overtake my obedience to JAH LAW

ahh, i dont like rushing for time, but thats what i have to do right now....but there is much more to add....its better to do it when i have enough time to open i bible and ini can reason scripture together
dont worry, i do have your skype address still
Until time
Bless
RASTAFARI

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/15/2008 10:47:32 PM

Diego,

When Israel decided they wanted a man as King, Jah told them what to expect. If the people took a look at the way they themselves lived, they should have Iverstood that if they gave somebody like them such power over others, then of course many or most would use that power to downpress. Men are not righteous and merciful like the Most High Jah RasTafarI.

In regards to what you said about Christ freeing us from the Laws. People misunderstand what this means, if you look through Pauls words in more detail, you will see that not one Law was taken away, and more importantly, if you sight the teachings of Christ, Christ showed people that they had to be even more strict than before and make their ways Perfect as God is Perfect.

Paul explained that if a person does something that is against the Law, then they are under the Law and a servant of sin. And the only people who are not under the Law are those that don't sin, because there is no Law against righteousness. So since there is no Law against righteousness, the righteous are free from sin and are not under the Law.

When people read most of Paul's words, it does appear that he is saying what you describe. But there are a few verses where he reveals the reality of what he was saying, but most don't remember those few words.

When people heed the sound of the Spirit of Truth that speaks within, they will be directed toward righteousness and away from sin, because the Spirit of Truth will never guide anyone toward sin, but only unto righteousness.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 33

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I