Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=257&start_row=1

Age of Accountability

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Tribeall Sent: 3/18/2004 9:16:57 AM

Greetings All,

I was wondering what the I's present believe is the age that the youth become accountable in the sight of the Most High for their own works??? I hear this called the Age of Accountability.
What about baptism? What do the I's feel of this ordinance, age of the child, who is able to perform it, etc?
Blessed,
Sis April

Messenger: the rock Sent: 3/18/2004 9:32:29 AM

JAH love

Long time it is been said the faith of a child brings a person to be one with Jah. It might hold one to anylize what qualities are difficiant in an adult and seen to be abundant in a child.

When Noha did his job his seed was said to be the only thing that would bring back humanity to the world. His seed followed him, he followed Jah. The waters that came washed away to purify the Earth to make it anew. I dont profess to be anything than what I am in these things that I am writting (son of Jah) so I say this if you have a child listen, teach and learn. You are the head of your household as Christ, you are the anointed to pray over your household.

Ive read and posted many things about the light or enlightment, let me clarify one thing, InI hold a light inside already if this light was to go away from the earth then life itself would go away from the earth. INSIDE- LIGHT - MENT when Buda found it, it was professed that he was asked a question, the question being are you God? Buda answered NO. The person asked again then what are you? Buda said ALIVE.

Jah Love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/18/2004 12:42:47 PM

Greetings,

The age of accountability will come as a thief in the night. No one will know the time.

So the way I see it, the sooner I and I return to Jah, the better, because judgment could come at anytime.

As far as baptism, I don't see it as wrong for a child to be baptized in church, but I also see that people who follow Jah can baptize their children in the name of Jah without a priest.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Tribeall Sent: 3/18/2004 3:14:40 PM

Blessed,
I should have been more clear. Pardon I bredren! I wanted to know at what age a child becomes accountable for his own actions in the sight of JAH. the catholic religion believes a child must be christined or baptised asap after birth, right? Or if they die, they will burn.
I thought that once a child is baptised, they have completed a remission of sin and are made a new---- under covenant. But how and why baptise a child too young to overstand the commitment they are making?? At what age do the bredren present feel a child shall undertake baptism?
As parents, InI are responsible for I children in the sight of the Most High until they are old enough to be held accountable. At what age is that?? Before age 10? Sometime in teen years??
Blessed,
Sis April

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/18/2004 3:55:11 PM

Greetings,

If the child isn't evil, then Jah will accept them, with or without water baptism. It is only men that think that dunking a child in water is a requirement. It is only a requirement by the words of man, not Jah.

We are born of water in the womb. Those that are against Jah, will perish with or without water baptism, and those that are with Jah will be saved with or without water baptism.

All are accountable for their actions at any age.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Benjahmin Sent: 3/24/2004 12:33:22 PM

Greetings-
"So let the children come to I ...for theirs are the heavens"
That should say all concerning Babtism.
No child dying at early age should be rejected or burned for not having been babtized......that is a folly set about by the Catholic church a long time ago in order to make people PAY to have died Children babtized after death. What has JAH to do with that ?? JAh don`t sell HIS love for money or a symbolic act of putting some water to a childs forehead.
Blessings
Benjahmin

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I