Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=247&start_row=1

An OBJECTIVE view on HIM

1 - 1011 - 19
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Bro Jahphet Anbesa I Sent: 3/8/2004 9:14:23 AM

Greetings I

Now I came to a difficult point.
I had to realise that all the sources were I got informed about HIM were always only POSITIVE, but never OBJECTIVE!
I always only read and heard the life of HIM by pro-monarchists, pro-Selassie, Ethiopian Christians, or Rastafarian.
Now I talked to Ethiopians, and a completely different picture of Him they gave me.
He is blamed for so many things... I never heard about this before, because not one of this positive Biographies was objective enuff to show also the negative sides.
One of the mistakes HIM made was the one in Wollo 1974, like I already have said in an other thread.
I would like to get a very objective view on HIM from the Is....

One sentence of this Ethiopians which really hit me was....
"... think about why there are not Ethiopian Rastafarians(or only a few)... because they knew Selassie I really... this guys from Jamaica or where ever on this earth can speak about Haile Selassie I as Hero... or even as God.... really easy.... because they never new HIM really..."
I never thought about this... but it made a bit sence to me... why arenīt there many Ethiopian Rastafarian? Is it because of what this Ethiopians told me?

Please do not misunderstand me... I do not search for negative sides of HIM to say, he cannot be god!
But I want to understand why HIm did things that some(many) see negative...
Since even HIM grand-nephew talke about HIM mistakes, that hits me really...

I heard people here speaking about HIM as the PERFECT ONE etc... how do you handle such attacks on the GOOD REPUTATION of HIm you have?
Please help me to overstand this...

Bro Gad I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 3/8/2004 9:46:20 AM

i went to find out for myself more info on HIM..everthing that i found out i already Knew becaues him said it already.KNOW god is JAH HIM work in the FlESH and JAH in the spirit.like i side said befor him learn form ALL that is before..there is one GOD brother.

i was talking to a TIESFAYE TADESSC(from eoc)..he said something that i am shore all the elder will say..so. brother ask those who was there,then when you get the truth come back and give it to the youth..

JAH love

Messenger: Bro Jahphet Anbesa I Sent: 3/8/2004 1:01:37 PM

Greetings I

Yes, I also know Rastafarians who lived in Ethiopia.... living day by day with the people there, and still think of Selassie I beeing God.
And I also think so, because he is the prophesied one!
So I wanted to know how people see this blamings here....
I do not speak about this foolish blamings of the Derg or the Fascist to destroy Selassieīs reputaion, I speak of things that many of the Ethiopian People saw negative.

I will contact now some bredren from Ethiopia helping me out... because I think I am falling into a big hole right now!

Bro Gad I

Messenger: ijah Sent: 3/8/2004 2:18:52 PM

Greetings,

Bro Japhet, i wan fe conert one of ye questions,which in the same time provides the answer to ye quest.

You wrote:``But I want to understand why HIm did things that some(many) see negative...``

Better ask ":``But I want to overstand why so many peopledo so many things,which Selassie I sights as negative..``

people like to see what them wanna see,and believe what them wan to believe.but the truth will always remain the same.No matter how hard ones try fe shake the truth,it ll be there..from beginnung till the end........ LIVE UP TO THE TRUTH

itta the propaganda thing again...You yourself wrote this day,inna earlier post,that it was national television of Ithiopia what was tekin over first,fe go spread them bad propaganda.....Nah be deceived by Babylon words, Idren an Sistren,stick by JAH........

Messenger: fire Sent: 3/8/2004 2:41:54 PM

All dem Iya, remember in days of the Son of Man as Jesus Christos, how many Jews regarded Him as Jah luv? How many saw the negative tings? How many? Yes Iya, they hated him and still do 'cause they are trying to "understand" - Iya overstand over all dis limitation of person.

Yeah, all of us here know the truth 'cause it doesn't come from books (even the Bibel) - it comes from Jah truth of luv that is Him. In the bibel his word is naked even though many other recording exist - they don't matter really, even if the bibel had one word - it would still be the living word, 'cause Jah is simply luv.

Speaking of Iya knowledge of Him: no book no person can eva teach Iya 'bout Jah 'cause Jah say it all the time: Jah is Luv. simple and finish. The complication of time is an illusion for the scholars and those who tri to "understand" - there is no amount of reading that will eva shewn truth, Truth is simple and so is Jah.

Ahhh like dem that say "they created electricity etc" - aks dem: who created the raw materials and the person the existence that allows the person to witness time?

Jah livity now and foeva - in Him Iya walk - in Him Iya breath - in Him Iya livity - Blessed is He. All person thinking shall perish as proof of the limit but Luv is neva gwan die 'cause Him smile in Luv, 'cause Him is Luv.

Jah Luv
Kgabo

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/8/2004 2:46:09 PM

Greetings,

The people of Ethiopia have been going through suffering for a long time, because of wars, famine and other things.

Before Selassie I sat on the throne in Ethiopia, Ethiopia was in a worse condition. When Selassie I sat on the throne, he did many, many things to improve the condition of Ethiopia. But there was a lot that needed to be done to stop the suffering, and since people were still suffering, some blamed Selassie I for it. Instead of recognizing how much better Selassie I made Ethiopia, they complained because it was still not as good as they wanted.

After Selassie I left the throne, Ethiopia only went down and became worse, and it is still worse off today than it was when Selassie I was taking care of it.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: ijah Sent: 3/8/2004 3:38:53 PM

Right that.

people shouldnt put lot of them energy in trying fe overstand JAH His ways...Them are too mystical.Better just accept His ways,without trying fe overstand.Again,nah get me wrong,overstanding is a must,except in JAH His ways..Man cyant overstand those exactly,man will never do......Only JAH can

And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:
And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;
And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:
But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.
The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.
They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.
And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.
And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush{Ithiopia}, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.
And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.
The envy also of Ephraim shall depart, and the adversaries of Judah shall be cut off: Ephraim shall not envy Judah, and Judah shall not vex Ephraim.
But they shall fly upon the shoulders of the Philistines toward the west; they shall spoil them of the east together: they shall lay their hand upon Edom and Moab; and the children of Ammon shall obey them.
And the LORD shall utterly destroy the tongue of the Egyptian sea; and with his mighty wind shall he shake his hand over the river, and shall smite it in the seven streams, and make men go over dryshod.
And there shall be an highway for the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria; like as it was to Israel in the day that he came up out of the land of Egypt.
And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.
Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.
And in that day shall ye say, Praise the LORD, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.
Sing unto the LORD; for he hath done excellent things: this is known in all the earth.
Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee.

JAH RASTAFARI H.I.M. HAILE SELASSIE I EARTHRIGHTFULLRULER

Be blessed ijah

Messenger: mdjonas Sent: 3/8/2004 5:22:54 PM

It is commendable to seek an objective view. People always want to give one side of things, to make you think how they want you to think. The main thing is that INI don't need to know about HIM life, because it is not important. INI livity is not guided by looking and listening to stories about HIM life. INI livity is natural from within, not from external sources. And INI cannot be guided from the outside.
When I read about HIM or others, it is just to see how people think and what people are saying. I cannot really trust what they say anyway, because they might be mistaken or lying.
Just look in yourself, and you will find all you need. That is Africa, and that is the power of the trinity.

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 3/9/2004 12:03:01 AM

Jah Rasta Far I, When I first read the post, Luke 4.24 came to mind....when Jesus uttered that no prophet it accepted in his hometown. The entire chapter is sited below.( mystically INI awqre that it is LENT time) Much overstanding to this question. Often I feel like I must defend, rationalize to others what INI know. It is a task, cuz if people are really not looking for answers but just trying to corner u. To explain ur awareness of your mind in ur words will not give them overstanding --CUZ they are NOT looking for overstanding. SITE ? At some other point they will overstand..but not at the time that they ask for expalinatiaon if they are not truly open to site.

Same reason that Jesus spoke in parables. He wasn't on a marketing schism to get people to his side, to divide people within themselves so that they would have to have self awareness,,,,He spoke truth....Haile I Spoke truth.....

Consider, whatever time is it right now is the time...now if you are in europe and it may be midnight....I am here in the midwest and it is 4 o'clock...well those numbers are merely symbols and we can argue what it the time....and rationalize it with our "time zones"....YET the truth is that NOW is NOW, no matter what you call it. Same way with truth, some call it bad or good by thier JUDGEMENTS of it.....check ? Does not change the truth of it....and one can use it or misuse it, still does not change it. When I detach from the judgement of it and site the truth of it....things be so clear.

Man is always trying to use turth to his own selfish ends.....Or INI site it to INI glorification of Jah Rasta far I Creation....some will accept and some reject, but truth doesn't make no judgement about that...it is....

The Temptation of Jesus

1Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit in the desert, 2where for forty days he was tempted by the devil. He ate nothing during those days, and at the end of them he was hungry.
3The devil said to him, "If you are the Son of God, tell this stone to become bread."
4Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone.'[1] "
5The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. 6And he said to him, "I will give you all their authority and splendor, for it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. 7So if you worship me, it will all be yours."
8Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.'[2] "
9The devil led him to Jerusalem and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. "If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down from here. 10For it is written:
" 'He will command his angels concerning you
to guard you carefully;
11they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.'[3] "
12Jesus answered, "It says: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.'[4] "
13When the devil had finished all this tempting, he left him until an opportune time.

Jesus Rejected at Nazareth

14Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit, and news about him spread through the whole countryside. 15He taught in their synagogues, and everyone praised him.
16He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. And he stood up to read. 17The scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written:
18"The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to release the oppressed,
19to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."[5]
20Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him, 21and he began by saying to them, "Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing."
22All spoke well of him and were amazed at the gracious words that came from his lips. "Isn't this Joseph's son?" they asked.
23Jesus said to them, "Surely you will quote this proverb to me: 'Physician, heal yourself! Do here in your hometown what we have heard that you did in Capernaum.' "
24"I tell you the truth," he continued, "no prophet is accepted in his hometown. 25I assure you that there were many widows in Israel in Elijah's time, when the sky was shut for three and a half years and there was a severe famine throughout the land. 26Yet Elijah was not sent to any of them, but to a widow in Zarephath in the region of Sidon. 27And there were many in Israel with leprosy[6] in the time of Elisha the prophet, yet not one of them was cleansed--only Naaman the Syrian."
28All the people in the synagogue were furious when they heard this. 29They got up, drove him out of the town, and took him to the brow of the hill on which the town was built, in order to throw him down the cliff. 30But he walked right through the crowd and went on his way.

Jesus Drives Out an Evil Spirit

31Then he went down to Capernaum, a town in Galilee, and on the Sabbath began to teach the people. 32They were amazed at his teaching, because his message had authority.
33In the synagogue there was a man possessed by a demon, an evil[7] spirit. He cried out at the top of his voice, 34"Ha! What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are--the Holy One of God!"
35"Be quiet!" Jesus said sternly. "Come out of him!" Then the demon threw the man down before them all and came out without injuring him.
36All the people were amazed and said to each other, "What is this teaching? With authority and power he gives orders to evil spirits and they come out!" 37And the news about him spread throughout the surrounding area.

Jesus Heals Many

38Jesus left the synagogue and went to the home of Simon. Now Simon's mother-in-law was suffering from a high fever, and they asked Jesus to help her. 39So he bent over her and rebuked the fever, and it left her. She got up at once and began to wait on them.
40When the sun was setting, the people brought to Jesus all who had various kinds of sickness, and laying his hands on each one, he healed them. 41Moreover, demons came out of many people, shouting, "You are the Son of God!" But he rebuked them and would not allow them to speak, because they knew he was the Christ.[8]
42At daybreak Jesus went out to a solitary place. The people were looking for him and when they came to where he was, they tried to keep him from leaving them. 43But he said, "I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent." 44And he kept on preaching in the synagogues of Judea.[9]

Footnotes

4:4 Deut. 8:3
4:8 Deut. 6:13
4:11 Psalm 91:11,12
4:12 Deut. 6:16
4:19 Isaiah 61:1,2
4:27 The Greek word was used for various diseases affecting the skin--not necessarily leprosy.
4:33 Greek unclean; also in verse 36
4:41 Or Messiah
4:44 Or the land of the Jews; some manuscripts Galilee

Messenger: Gwandumi Sent: 3/9/2004 11:56:33 AM

Salaam Rasta,
As an African, i see king Selassie I as a main door fe i 'n i unity.
African leaders should do what king has done, giving land to African descendants who want to come home instead of harassing i 'n i by babylonian immigrations laws, in which i 'n i are seen as outsiders.
I give thanks to JAH for uniting i 'n i through H.I.M.
I would like to advice to de i, not to take in vain this door for unity which JAH provide through SIMBA WA YUDA.
JAH guide i 'n i as we enter Zion through king Haile Selassie I.
I pray,
Amen.

1 - 1011 - 19

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I