Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=247&start_row=11

An OBJECTIVE view on HIM

1 - 1011 - 19
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/9/2004 12:28:47 PM

Greetings,

Yes I, the Lion of Judah opened this door for all his people to enter.

Jah Love will bring great things to I and I in Inity.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Benjahmin Sent: 3/10/2004 8:14:04 AM

@Nefertiti & Gwandumi
Thanx a lot !! I was just about to write the same. Now I am saved from a lot of typing. Yes...a Prophet in his own country is neglected.

There is another reason for so few Ethiopians seeing HIM as what HE actually is.....they think it to be an archaric view....to believe in " Things like that ". They litterally bow before every church-building they pass...paying respect to "GOD" living in there...but in everyday-life they tend to seek Babylonian knowledge, Technology and Money. Ethiopians have long been cut off from the rest of the world...so now they have the tendency to try and " catch up" which leaves no place for such "stupid things" as thinking right about their Emperor.
I have met quite a few Ethiopians abroad which will only talk bad about H.I.M. since they want to be modern , westly and educated....
so a spiritual thing like Selassie I has no room in their heart.They have turned more Babylonic than Western people may be ...in a way.
But I NEVER met a man WITHIN Ethiopia..(unless he has lived abroad and adapted western standarts)...having lived under the reign of H.I.M. who would not respect H.I.M.
It is only the ones living outside of Ethiopia talking so bad about H.I.M. since they feel it is expected from them...in order to be accepted as modern and civilized.....so they overthrow their culture and history, and adapt to western thinking.
I have spoken in general here....of course there may be exceptions...and of course this cannot be said for all....but it is the general tendency I have observed over more than 18 Years now.
Please note this to be a general social/ political/religious essay...and not an accusation or evaluation to anyone in particular.

@ Bro. Japhet Ambassa: Just think about why them Ethiopians are here....and not in Ethiopia...which Th `I has talked to....
while I n I are willing to give up our Living-standart and go right there...them want to come right here in order to live a "better" life
and rather go to Mc Donalds than to eat injera.seen? So how could they talk about Haile Selassie and Zion ? they would be contradicting themselves in talking and doing.
I could have married at least a hundred girls ina Ithiopia.....but not for beeing such a nice guy...but for taking them abroad and guaranteeing a better life-standart.So what Does Th `I expect to hear from them concerning Ithiopia and H.I.M. ?? In a certain way they are traitors for wealth...that is all there is to it...apart of those who simply had to leave through political downpressment of course....those are many as well ( Yared )...but that is a different subject.
Don`t be confused over people leaving their country and telling Th `I about that country...what does Th `I expect ?? The Truth ?? Bwoay...that a big mistake!!.....don`t do it !!......I `d go there tomorrow even....Th `I knows....and I know why I would do so as well....and Th `I knows why I have spent some years there allready...
that was no Holiday...it was rough and hard work....but one of the most beautiful times of I life. Don`t listen to what traitors tell Th`I......they are bound to confuse Th `I in order to justify themselves.Seen ?......Best go and check it out Thyself...than listen to others.
Blessings
Benjahmin

Messenger: the rock Sent: 3/10/2004 10:27:18 AM

i thank god for you site..

yes there is a lot of people out there that sale there soles.
and there is SOME TRUE PEople OF JAH. the i have to see for your selfs. .but i strong advise the people to find the ones the have seen frist hand what happen to ethiopia in that those days(ie 1930-1976).cuz it is some people out there that live to the truth.and for the thing I said about church and them blowing to it.to me thats like there culture(ie rasta growing dreads)

onelove
thanks 4 all inlightment

Messenger: afreeka Sent: 3/10/2004 11:41:28 AM

greetings high , from the i&i .
what i&i would like to seh briefly , just to give my personal account on this , is this , regarding ithiopians at home and abroad . i&i spoke with some of them abroad , of course , nevah been to mamaland Ithiopia , and rarely i found bad talking about H.I.M.
What in my opinion i&i as rastafarians got to fully overstand is the life and habit these people have . i&i mean them people is really spiritual people , and life for them goes hand in hand with religion . Deeply rooted i mean .
i say this to explain why in my opinion ithiopians with very difficulty will admit H.I.M. is God . Because of their tradition , even dat tradition that H.I.M. was DEFENDER OF ,you know .
Is like why rastafarians are not well accepted in the EOC ?
the same reasons . there is a contradiction lyin between RasTafari and EOC still , apparently a contradiction .

hope i&i been clear enuff to make a point .

Selassie I , Bright and so High .
Jah RasTafari .

mo'love

Messenger: ijah Sent: 3/10/2004 2:32:34 PM

Treu words..keep on teachin Jah knowledge.
me nah know any Ithiopian either,whom were there at the time of Selassie I his reign,but the I do know 2 sistahs who wereborn there,with whom InI talked about Ithiopia and its culture and doings/habits and way of living.Them mother has lived there whilest the reign of His Majesty.Them sistahs haffe respect fe the Man,ye know,it was taught them by their mother and family ovathere..
Them told I lots about that time when they were still there,and that was just after the Derg took over.So,that generation have witnessed the most,concerning changes between Selassie his ruling,and that of the Derg
So,me nah should say that almost all western Ithiopians have lost their ways and habits,religion,and how them live it out.inI is glad that Iman can say so.....There arent many ``non -converted Africans`` in this western Babylon,but there still are...

Lift ye heads,play thy tinkling cymbal,be like sounding brass.
RasTafari is worthy to be praised....JAH!!!!RASTAFARI!!!!!!!

OneLove&Blesses

Messenger: Bro Jahphet Anbesa I Sent: 3/11/2004 3:02:26 PM

Greetings I

Benjahmin.... yes good point!
But one of this Ethiopians is our friend... you know him well! So I would not call him traitor.... and though he is not always speaking good about His Majesty!
But I see what the I is teaching me.... and you know, your teachings are a strong force pushing me always forward!
Give Thanks!
Bro Gad I

Messenger: Benjahmin Sent: 3/12/2004 3:30:37 AM

@Bro Japhet Anbessa
Yes...give thanks seen ?
I know the word " traitor" is a harsh term....it was not meant as such ....but to say that people simply turn their back on their culture for what reasons ever.
But as others have written , there are in fact Ethiopians living in the western Hemisphere , who don`t despise H.I.M. So just look at that !!
I know which "friend" Th `I is talking about....to I he is a brethren in Christ still , beeing a member of the EOC.....and he is not talking bad about His Majesty in order to be modern and "educated" but because he simply does not see HIS divinity.And he respects HIM as an Emperor still seen?.....So I have no problem at all with this man. Maybe one day he will see the light.
JAH Blessings
Benjahmin

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/12/2004 10:26:18 AM

Greetings,

I and I don't need to worry about how others site RasTafarI. What is important is how I and I sight HIM.

Every country has people that like the leader and others who don't.

Sometimes, the ones who don't like the leader, are the ones that are envious and trying to take over the country. Some people are attempting to gain more power, so they try to discredit the leader of the country, so that others will support them instead. Look at the Demoncratic election process, that is all what it is about. Politricksters will speak against all kind of things that they themselves would also do if they were in power. It is only because they are trying to replace the leader, that they speak bad about it.

Many times these politricksters will speak against something that a leader does. But even after using the critism as part of their election platform, when they are elected, they continue with the same thing that the previous leader did.

That is why RasTafarI calls it politricks, because that is what they deal with.

Selassie I made his autobiography to show people the true story, because too many wicked men were trying to spread rumours and lies, and bearing false witness. Selassie I spoke about this in the introduction to his autobiography.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Bro Jahphet Anbesa I Sent: 3/12/2004 12:17:12 PM

Seen, Bro Benjahmin!

Bro Gad I

1 - 1011 - 19

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I