Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2456&start_row=91

WARNING TO MR. ARK I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 103
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Negus Amlak Sent: 12/17/2007 6:32:33 PM

Ises King,
I give many thanks for the reasoning,answering I question. The following was posted by Muta, I see many similar ites...Check it when the I have the time...

A New Faculty of Interpretation
By: Mutabaruka
Is the bible the Word of God? Most reggae musicians - Rastafarian or otherwise - accept that it is. Like any other Jamaicans, we were all taught to believe that there was no teaching of morality or history outside of the bible. In writing this article, I am aware that it might go against the perception of you, the reader. May you keep an open, searching mind as you continue reading my reasonings.

When Rastafarians began the quest to find Self, the only book that was available to us was the bible and so the totality of what we understood to be true was based primarily on interpretation of this book. Even the idea of Haile Selassie as an afrikan God was justified and validated by the bible. We, as afrikan people brought here from afrika under inhumane conditions, were forced to live - even now - without any kind of identity. This was also justified through the bible by the European invaders and those afrikans who sought to rationalize this enslavement by declaring that this was an Act of God. The influence of this book runs deep. Over the years, Rastafarians declare themselves to be Israelites as referred to in the Old Testament, so that words and phrases such as Zion, Promised Land, the wicked Pharaoh and Jah became part of the language of the Rastafarian movement.

What I am really trying to say here, is that our own religious knowledge goes back no further than the 6,000 year history presented by this bible, (from Genesis to the beginning of this century, according to the bible, is 6,000 years). History and archeological evidence prove Ethiopia and Egypt existed thousands of years beyond that - much, much more than a mere 6,000 years.

Rastafarians have been very influential because of our music and cultural practices. For Rastafarians to move forward in this time, we will have to go beyond the bible, we can no longer continue to justify Haile Selassie’s divinity through the Davidic link. Ethiopia existed thousands of years before Abraham walked out of the Ur of the Chaldees. Even Egypt, which as been demonized by the authors of the Old Testament, existed thousands of years before Israel.

We can not continue to close out other information that is not in line with the bible. The bible is just one set of peoples’ understanding of human behavior and personality. The events recorded in the bible are on the periphery of afrikan knowledge. Stories recorded in the bible have their genesis in other indigenous people’s folk tales. What we are taking as history is other people’s mythology.
Life experience is a journey and man keeps evolving.

In Ethiopia, whether by design or accident, the Church has not gone beyond the story of Solomon and Sheba to justify Ethiopia’s presence in history. We can clearly see that there was a deliberate attempt to erase the feminine representation of Ethiopia’s personality and this resulted in a rise in a system of patriarchy that was very alien to afrikan culture. One would conclude that Ethiopia’s religious beginning starts with the union of Makeda and Solomon, but the only information received about Makeda is that she worshiped the sun and that she conceived for Solomon. The significance of the Queen of Sheba’s visit to Solomon is very important in validating Ethiopia’s link with a Jewish heritage because this is used to substantiate Ethiopia’s true monarchy and lso the Godhead linkage.

A return to the feminine principle is very important in the unraveling of our ancient spirituality. What we have professed has helped us so far, but it’s up to us to now move it further. We can no longer be like Christian fundamentalists - or Islamic fundamentalists for that matter - who are stuck in a history that does not provide them with an understanding of new thoughts and new life styles. We are living in a new era of information - a time when one can travel from London to New York in three hours, when one can click a switch and illuminate a stadium filled with thousands of people, a time when a person committing a crime in one part of the world can be viewed instantaneously in another through modern technology. This is the age of information, but inspiration without information sometimes leads to superstition.

Given what I know now, I refuse to accept this limited view of Ethiopia and its contribution to world spirituality because this view has stagnated our concept of religion in afrika and how we relate to other cultures. I refuse to keep validating my perception of the divinity of Haile Selassie through an Israelite god. Ideas of emperors being gods existed long before the presence of the Israelites in Egypt. We, as Rastafarians, can find the essence of our spirituality in an Ethiopia and Egypt void of Israelite interpretation.

We are the creators of our destiny, we are the shapers of our future and our spirituality must reflect this new faculty of interpretation. We must not be afraid of the deep. Rastafari can only continue if we who profess this faith, understand that afrikan philosophy and afrikan spirituality cannot be bound into any book.

Our need to understand each other and our environment is very crucial in the rationalization of our existence. This can only be realized through clarity of perception. Religion does not offer clarity. What religion offers is a perception and this perception comes through belief. This belief comes through faith and, as we know, faith is not knowledge. Faith is what we would like our perception to be or not to be. Haile Selassie declares, "We must not confuse Spirituality with Religion." Rastafari must not be bound by religious perceptions because this will cause stagnation of the movement and thereby create fundamentalism. We must be open to the different cultures of afrika and not demonize them because of biblical interpretations.

The journey is never-ending and the race is not for the swift. There are many rivers to cross and so much trouble in the world. We will have to wake up and live! Rastafari must continue to rock the boat with a new faculty of interpretation.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/17/2007 7:58:47 PM

It is true that people shouldn't demonize the different cultures in Africa because of biblical interpretations.

But it is also true that people shouldn't demonize the bible because of their interpretations of other cultures. Whether it be the culture of our ancestors or the culture of the wicked people that came under the guise of Christianity to take control over other nations. The people that brutalized so many nations under the guise of Christianity are not Christian, if they were, it would be impossible for them to do the wickedness they did.

It was mentioned before that I left I culture in place for another. But the opposite is True. I trod as RasTafarI has caused I to look deeper and further into the history of I culture. Throughout Christianity and before, so that I can come to a better Iverstanding of I history. And learning of I history didn't take I away from RasTafarI, it just brought I closer to the original root of I culture from the beginning of Iration.

When Christianity was first introduced to I ancestors. They joined the teachings and spirituality with there own. The people who were trying to take control over them under the guise of Christianity called this "double faith" and didn't like it because it got in the way of their control, so they did several things to cause I people to move away from their old culture. By destroying our history and finding ways to replace the old gods with Christian Saints and old traditions with new similar ones.

I have an article that I found that I will post a little later that speaks of some of the things they did to convert I people, and how they chose to apply the same techniques in Africa.

But regardless of what those people who came under the guise of Christianity did. It doesn't change the greatness I have found in the Bible and the teachings and example of Jesus Christ. And this greatness is also seen by His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I.

That is the reason for I reaction when people come with words against the scripture I and I and Haile Selassie I hold close.

And the other reason for I reaction is people who have came with those kinds of discussions before about the bible and many of the other things you have come with, first came hailing Haile Selassie I, but after enough time passed they came and spoke against Haile Selassie I. So it makes I very cautious of those that come with the same things.

It is true I can't teach African's of their culture. But RasTafarI is from the beginning when all of I and I were One. And RasTafarI is now and ForIver when all of I and I who are RasTafarI are One. I learned about RasTafarI from Africans and I learned of RasTafarI from I Irits. And when I spoke to African RasTafarI, it Ifirmed that what I saw from the Irits was true. I have reasoned with many African RasTafarI and they have learned from I, and I have learned from them.

And just so you know where I stand. If you look through the history of the forum, you will never see I speak of a desire to own land in Africa. But you will see I say Africa for the Africans many times. I respect the African people and their God given right to their land.

If you came with the teachings of KMT or spoke about Shango and Oshun and other things from African culture I would have welcomed it. I would not have fought againts those reasonings, I would have been very interested in learning.

But any fight against what RasTafarI Haile Selassie I deal with will meet confrontation with I everytime. It is impossible for that to change.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 12/18/2007 2:14:39 PM

Ises High

Give Thanks for the Insight.
So the I is to be seen on the video by Ras Moya?

No it's not likely we saw each other in ETH because my trod was for the Millenium. It's more likely we came across somewhere in London, maybe at St Agnes or the Nyahbinghi Ilabrations.

I have heard about Bongo Watu's trod to Shashe from other Idren who were present. I always love to hear about Bongo Watu because I feel so strong Ites when I learn about HIM, and still unfortunately there is not much information available. Actually there are different people claiming they knew him quarreling about who knew him better. And still I n I don't get any proper Iformation. I also know about Wato's first trod to London which was very important back then at an international Conference in the 80's.

To me Wato always represented, to me, what Rastafari really means, the true Nyahbinghi. It's sad I n I can't get more Iformation. I mean we know a lot about Howell and others and there's no book which doesn't write bout them. But when it comes to the first Dread Warrior, the true Son of Thunder, the one to teach I n I what Nyahbinghi is, nobody seems to care to write about him so that we have proper Iformation.
that is why I love to learn.

Give Thanks
RASTAFARI
Selah

Messenger: Horus Sent: 12/20/2007 7:31:02 PM

Ises Fyah,

InI give thanks for the reasoning and the Mutabaruka essay, and am Ippreciative of the passionate, yet tolerant heights the Idren in this dialogue are rising.

JAH Strength Guidance and Protection

Red Heat for babylon vampire

Blessed,

Horus

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 12/21/2007 10:44:48 AM

woah?? what happened here then? is it all sorted? who is amlak??

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/16/2014 6:20:36 PM

Messenger: Negus Amlak Sent: 12/17/2007 6:32:33 PM

Ises King,
I give many thanks for the reasoning,answering I question. The following was posted by Muta, I see many similar ites...Check it when the I have the time...

A New Faculty of Interpretation
By: Mutabaruka
Is the bible the Word of God? Most reggae musicians - Rastafarian or otherwise - accept that it is. Like any other Jamaicans, we were all taught to believe that there was no teaching of morality or history outside of the bible. In writing this article, I am aware that it might go against the perception of you, the reader. May you keep an open, searching mind as you continue reading my reasonings.

When Rastafarians began the quest to find Self, the only book that was available to us was the bible and so the totality of what we understood to be true was based primarily on interpretation of this book. Even the idea of Haile Selassie as an afrikan God was justified and validated by the bible. We, as afrikan people brought here from afrika under inhumane conditions, were forced to live - even now - without any kind of identity. This was also justified through the bible by the European invaders and those afrikans who sought to rationalize this enslavement by declaring that this was an Act of God. The influence of this book runs deep. Over the years, Rastafarians declare themselves to be Israelites as referred to in the Old Testament, so that words and phrases such as Zion, Promised Land, the wicked Pharaoh and Jah became part of the language of the Rastafarian movement.

What I am really trying to say here, is that our own religious knowledge goes back no further than the 6,000 year history presented by this bible, (from Genesis to the beginning of this century, according to the bible, is 6,000 years). History and archeological evidence prove Ethiopia and Egypt existed thousands of years beyond that - much, much more than a mere 6,000 years.

Rastafarians have been very influential because of our music and cultural practices. For Rastafarians to move forward in this time, we will have to go beyond the bible, we can no longer continue to justify Haile Selassie’s divinity through the Davidic link. Ethiopia existed thousands of years before Abraham walked out of the Ur of the Chaldees. Even Egypt, which as been demonized by the authors of the Old Testament, existed thousands of years before Israel.

We can not continue to close out other information that is not in line with the bible. The bible is just one set of peoples’ understanding of human behavior and personality. The events recorded in the bible are on the periphery of afrikan knowledge. Stories recorded in the bible have their genesis in other indigenous people’s folk tales. What we are taking as history is other people’s mythology.
Life experience is a journey and man keeps evolving.

In Ethiopia, whether by design or accident, the Church has not gone beyond the story of Solomon and Sheba to justify Ethiopia’s presence in history. We can clearly see that there was a deliberate attempt to erase the feminine representation of Ethiopia’s personality and this resulted in a rise in a system of patriarchy that was very alien to afrikan culture. One would conclude that Ethiopia’s religious beginning starts with the union of Makeda and Solomon, but the only information received about Makeda is that she worshiped the sun and that she conceived for Solomon. The significance of the Queen of Sheba’s visit to Solomon is very important in validating Ethiopia’s link with a Jewish heritage because this is used to substantiate Ethiopia’s true monarchy and lso the Godhead linkage.

A return to the feminine principle is very important in the unraveling of our ancient spirituality. What we have professed has helped us so far, but it’s up to us to now move it further. We can no longer be like Christian fundamentalists - or Islamic fundamentalists for that matter - who are stuck in a history that does not provide them with an understanding of new thoughts and new life styles. We are living in a new era of information - a time when one can travel from London to New York in three hours, when one can click a switch and illuminate a stadium filled with thousands of people, a time when a person committing a crime in one part of the world can be viewed instantaneously in another through modern technology. This is the age of information, but inspiration without information sometimes leads to superstition.

Given what I know now, I refuse to accept this limited view of Ethiopia and its contribution to world spirituality because this view has stagnated our concept of religion in afrika and how we relate to other cultures. I refuse to keep validating my perception of the divinity of Haile Selassie through an Israelite god. Ideas of emperors being gods existed long before the presence of the Israelites in Egypt. We, as Rastafarians, can find the essence of our spirituality in an Ethiopia and Egypt void of Israelite interpretation.

We are the creators of our destiny, we are the shapers of our future and our spirituality must reflect this new faculty of interpretation. We must not be afraid of the deep. Rastafari can only continue if we who profess this faith, understand that afrikan philosophy and afrikan spirituality cannot be bound into any book.

Our need to understand each other and our environment is very crucial in the rationalization of our existence. This can only be realized through clarity of perception. Religion does not offer clarity. What religion offers is a perception and this perception comes through belief. This belief comes through faith and, as we know, faith is not knowledge. Faith is what we would like our perception to be or not to be. Haile Selassie declares, "We must not confuse Spirituality with Religion." Rastafari must not be bound by religious perceptions because this will cause stagnation of the movement and thereby create fundamentalism. We must be open to the different cultures of afrika and not demonize them because of biblical interpretations.

The journey is never-ending and the race is not for the swift. There are many rivers to cross and so much trouble in the world. We will have to wake up and live! Rastafari must continue to rock the boat with a new faculty of interpretation.

1 - THIS BROTHER BEEN SAYING WHAT I BEEN SAYING FROM THEN TO NOW, VERY WELL ARTICULARED POINT......We, as Rastafarians, can find the essence of our spirituality in an Ethiopia and Egypt void of Israelite interpretation.

2 - THIS THREAD IS COMICAL....BUT CONTAINS MUCH TRUTH, MORE FIRE

RASTAFARI

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 1/17/2014 7:06:14 AM

GarveyAfrica

Which books can I find more African philosophy and spirituality and on which websites can I find them?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/17/2014 8:50:42 AM

Hmm, that's a tough question King. I don't want to mislead you, maybe you need to be more specific.

Modern / Ancient?
Eastern / Western?
National / Tribal?

To study Kemet would be to study pre-Christian Ethiopia.
To study the Kingdom of Motapa, well I man counting on the I to tell I likkle more on that. A place not too well covered / overstood yet.....

To show how difficult / broad the question is - within Nigeria now 2014, there are over 200 different Tribes... with different (no matter how slight) traditions and culture
I'm a generalist to whatever form of spirituality / culture is OURS and can benefit us NOW.

As a man of JA and St Vincent lineage, I also include the cultures found within the Di(live)aspora.... this lead me to studying Obeah and Voodoo, two common forms of none-Christian carribean spirituality. This lead me directly into West Africa and the works of Dr Ben Josef Jochannen. - Dr Ben Jochannen is a great starting point. If I could name ONE book it would be Dr Ben's- AFRICAN Origins of the Three Major Western Religions. As is the book 'The Destruction of the Black Civilisation' by Chancellor Williams. Also Van Sertima's Journal of African Civilisations.

As the son of a TransAtlantic slave, looking back to West Africa, and the Kingdoms of West Africa pre-slavery..... Songhai, Mali, Yoruba, Asante Empires... and to overs how and why they took on Islam instead of their indigenous culture is important. And the end result of that.... well here we are.

But just to kick it (no books) with a 'shaman' would be to reveal MUCH information and a different perspective, in relation to traditional African spirituality.
As it would be to kick it with a Queen Mother, like when Queen Mother Dr Osun Dara Nefertiti-El pass through Cutting Edge. The Queen Mothers are powerful sources of knowledge...

If the I can be likkle more specific then hopefully I can give the I a more directed answer..... but you see with question is so vast, people spend their whole life within this subject and still don't scratch the surface....

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 1/18/2014 3:46:59 PM

Haile I
Any link my king,I cant be specific.
Owk,what about if the I can share it as a reference depending on which topic we would be reasoning.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/18/2014 5:10:39 PM

Ok your a generalist like the I self. Well I'd recommend those three books and authors as a starting point. That's the foundation.

I'm currently reading 'Of Water and the Spirit: Ritual, Magic, and Initiation in the Life of an African Shaman' by Malidoma Patrice Somey.

A link for a few books and alike can be found here:

http://www.oocities.org/theausetcircle/links.htm

I'm also reading 'Nutricide: nutritional destruction of the black race' by L.O Afrika. Eating / food I see as a crucial part of any spirituality so can't leave that out.

And as I know your a brother who deals with Kemet. I really recommend researching the brother Ra Un Nefer Amen. Dr Ben and them deal with the history but this brother really pushes the spiritual side. His book the Metu Neter vol1-3 are a muuuuust.

You said you wanted a link, well here's him reasoning on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/OykuM6M_LL8

Love & Prosperity

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 103

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I