Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=239&start_row=1

rastafarian clothing

1 - 1011 - 13
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Roots Dawtha Sent: 3/2/2004 4:15:07 PM

Yes I love to wear rasta clothing but I can't find a rasta store here in Georgia. I give thanks for another day,minute,hour and second. I had to inhale and exhale cause this site is hot with debate that sometimes seem to lack compassion for others. Ark I please hold tight and give thanks for your positive reasoning and feedback. I just need info of any store in Georgia that sells ites,gold and green earrings and clothing. Anyone can guide me to a store located in the heart of Georgia please let me know. Give thanks! One Love!

Bless,
Roots Dawtha

Messenger: Bro Jahphet Anbesa I Sent: 3/3/2004 8:33:05 AM

Rastafarian Clothing???

Messenger: Roots Dawtha Sent: 3/3/2004 9:02:48 AM

let me rephrase the word rastafarian clothing. I mean clothes that are have the color ites,gold and green,mostly from Ethiopia.

Messenger: Nesta sista Sent: 3/3/2004 12:22:41 PM

Idea:

How about design and sew your own line of Ites, gold, green clothing?
I would probably buy some.

Nesta sista

Messenger: Roots Dawtha Sent: 3/3/2004 12:45:52 PM

yes I have been using large wraps that I brought from vendors in NYC at the African Street Festival. However I have not develop the skills in using a sewing machine. My aunt use to teach me but I was not patience now she is no longer near I so I have to learn the art of sewing with a sewing machine. I will try to invest in one. Give thanks for the idea!

Roots Dawtha

Messenger: Nesta sista Sent: 3/4/2004 11:22:19 AM

I cannot sew either. All I ever wears is black clothing. If you wear the Ites gold green over here, people stare at you like your a "case" as it is considered "normal" to just wear depressing colors and blue jeans.
So, I rebel against them all and just wear BLACK. And NO blue jeans.

What is it, fellow sistren and bredrrin, about Babylon and blue jeans?

Nesta sista

Messenger: Bro Jahphet Anbesa I Sent: 3/4/2004 3:03:22 PM

Greetings I

Iman wear jeans... ;)
You know... very comfortable and usefull in daily life and work!
I wear normal clothing....
Once I bought an old army-shirt.... I put some Rasta buttons on it.... looking like a real SoulJah Uniform.... I wear it on special dates.
You know... many wear red,gold,green .... most of them are not Rasta.... so I use to wear Selassie I images etc when I want to show who I am and where I stand.
I would like to create my own clothing.... cheap and comfortable and PURE RASTA.
I like SoulJah uniforms.... with lots of Selassie -medals, -buttons, Lion of Judah images .... and Rasta Items looking like military stuff. I like this "militant" style.... too many hippie guys wear red,gold,green.... but Iman is SoulJah! Selassie I

Bro Gad I

Messenger: sis T Sent: 3/4/2004 5:21:11 PM

Every I must wear consciousness
made to fit the mind, body and spirit.

Messenger: Ras John Sent: 3/4/2004 7:12:03 PM

I-man just wear a lot of natural fibres and things (organic cotton, hemp, linen) and it's Irie... I got a couple of shirts with Selassie and some other t-shirts which are Rasta oriented. I'm aquaintences with this one Rasta who runs a site and a store outta Southern California, check www.earthcultureroots.com

Bless up

Messenger: Ras John Sent: 3/4/2004 7:13:46 PM

Oh and check- there is a hype hemp clothing company outta Montreal called Green Babylon and a bunch of their stuff is with the Garveyite colouring and things... I don't know the website but yah- they make hemp jeans and t-shirts and things. Nice stuff.

1 - 1011 - 13

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I