Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2366&start_row=1

Coronation Day

1 - 1011 - 18
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ten Sent: 11/2/2007 5:58:23 AM

Good Morning JAH, JAH, King of Kings and Lord of Lords, the Most Glorious King of All bowed to by 72 nations and hailed by millions in this time. This is JAH JAH time and time to burn fire of righteousness, Ras Tafari children know thyselves. Stand firm in HIS word and be wary of the ways of wicked always.
Give Thanks to Selassie I for life. His mecry and glory endureth foriver.
BLESSED LOVE

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 11/2/2007 12:57:57 PM

YES I
BLESSED MY LORD AND EMPRESS
TO DAY IS THE MOST IMPORTANT DAY OF THE YEAR
TO I
GIVE THANKS TO MOTHER AND FATHER
EMPRESS MENEN IS THE FIRST EMPRESS TO SHARE ABSOLUTE POWER WITH THE EMPEROR
AND WAS THE FIRST WOMAN CROWNED BY THE ABUNA
TRADITIONALLY
THE KING CROWNED HER AFTER HE HIMSELF WAS CROWNED BY THE CHURCH
KING ALPHA AND QUEEN OMEGA
BUSS THE SEALS TOGETHER ON THIS DAY
HOLY IMMANUEL I SELASSIE I JAAAAAH RAAAASTAFARI

Messenger: Mau Mau Sent: 11/2/2007 1:21:13 PM

Greetings Kings and Queens in the name of H.I.M Haile Selassie on this auspicious Coronation Day. Rejoice all ye saints. Chant ises to The Most High Jah Rastafari!

Bless all.

Messenger: kglass1 Sent: 11/2/2007 2:09:27 PM

Yes Rastafari! Bless this day! Jah Lives!

Messenger: 1forTruth Sent: 5/7/2013 8:33:20 AM

Greetings can some one list the 72 nations, I can't seem to find all of them

Messenger: burningbush Sent: 5/7/2013 10:43:18 AM

As far as I know there was 52 nations, not 72 nations, and they were mostly from Europe and Asia. This aspect of the Coronation helped to restore black Dignity because many white people bowed to the King on this day. Some of these white people were representatives of nations involved in colonialism and downpression.

Messenger: burningbush Sent: 5/7/2013 10:46:21 AM

With the passing of Zewditu, Tafari himself rose to emperor and was proclaimed Neguse Negest ze-'Ityopp'ya, "King of Kings of Ethiopia". He was crowned on 2 November 1930, at Addis Ababa's Cathedral of St. George. The coronation was by all accounts "a most splendid affair",[56] and it was attended by royals and dignitaries from all over the world. Among those in attendance were George V's son Prince Henry, Marshal Franchet d'Esperey of France, and the Prince of Udine representing Italy. Emissaries from the United States,[57] Egypt, Turkey, Sweden, Belgium, and Japan were also present.[56] British author Evelyn Waugh was also present, penning a contemporary report on the event, and American travel lecturer Burton Holmes shot the only known film footage of the event.[58] One newspaper report suggested that the celebration may have incurred a cost in excess of $3,000,000.[59] Many of those in attendance received lavish gifts;[60] in one instance, the Christian emperor even sent a gold-encased Bible to an American bishop who had not attended the coronation, but who had dedicated a prayer to the emperor on the day of the coronation.[61]

Messenger: 1forTruth Sent: 5/7/2013 11:25:29 AM

Yes I, I have also heard it was 52 and not 72, the autobiography lists 13 nations that were present, but I can't find the others who attended.

H.R.H. the Duke of Gloucester, envoy of H.M. the King of England;

H.R.H. the Prince of Udine, envoy of H.M. the King of Italy; H.E. M. Gerard, envoy of H.M. the King of the Belgians;

H.E. Baron H. K. C. Bildt, envoy of H.M. the King of Sweden;

H.E. Jonkheer Hendrik Maurits van Haersma de With, envoy of H.M, the Queen of the Netherlands;

H.E. M. Isaburo Yoshida, envoy of H.M. the Emperor of Japan;

H.E. Muhammad Tawfiq Nasim Pasha, envoy of H.M. the King of Egypt;

H.E. Marshal Franchet d'Esperey, envoy of the French Republic;

H.E. Mr. H. M. Jacoby, envoy of the U.S.A.;

H.E. Baron von Waldthausen, envoy of the German Republic;

H.E. Count P. Metaxa», envoy of the Greek Republic;

H.E. Muhittin Pasha, envoy of the Turkish Republic;

H.E. Count Dzieduszycki,9 envoy of the Polish Republic.

Messenger: 1forTruth Sent: 5/7/2013 11:44:21 AM

I jus did some quick research, and I see that the 52 nations were the nations that were that was present at HIM appeal to the League of Nations

In October, 1935. the 52 nations who are listening to me today gave me an assurance that the aggressor would not triumph, that the resources of the Covenant would be employed in order to ensure the reign of right and the failure of violence.

Here is excerpt: from http://astro.temple.edu/~rimmerma/appeal_to_the_league_of_nations_.htm

I ask the fifty-two nations not to forget today the policy upon which they embarked eight months ago, and on faith of which I directed the resistance of my people against the aggressor whom they had denounced to the world. Despite the inferiority of my weapons, the complete lack of aircraft, artillery, munitions, hospital services, my confidence in the League was absolute. I thought it to be impossible that fifty-two nations, including the most powerful in the world, should be successfully opposed by a single aggressor. Counting on the faith due to treaties, I had made no preparation for war, and that is the case with certain small countries in Europe.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/7/2013 2:08:53 PM

There were 52 nations represented in the League of Nations when Haile Selassie I made that speech. It should not be assumed that because there were 52 nations there, that there were 52 nations at the Coronation. There is no basis for that assumption.

The number we know of for Haile Selassie I Coronation is 72.

1 - 1011 - 18

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I