Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2356&start_row=1

negative influences on children

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: kglass1 Sent: 10/28/2007 10:24:54 AM

Greetings. I have two children. My son is seven and my daughter is six months. Anyway, since my son goes to public school he is exposed to a lot of the trends and wants that the other children may have. As an example, things like video games,junk food and television shows that the other children talk about. At this time I allow him some television(certain shows)and some video games in moderation. This situation is difficult for me at times because
as much as I want to keep him from babylon's influence and propaganda.
I do not want to take away from or isolate him too much from his peers. I fear that isolation would only cause low self esteem and possibly resentment toward me. This is a difficult situation since entertainment
for children often has a positive message with negative undertones.
Especially during a commercial break. Does anyone have any guidance or thought into this matter? One Love.

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 10/28/2007 10:55:38 AM

BLESSED LOVE
I FIND MY SELF IN THE SAME SITUATION
BABYLON IS EVERY WHERE
AND THE INFLUENCE IS STRONG......HALLOWEEN FOR INSTANCE THAT IS SO EVIL...BABYLON CAN HAVE YOUR CHILDREN TURN AGAINST U FOR A SIMPLE BAG OF CANDY AND A COSTUME....AND THEN THE GRANDPARENTS FIGHT U DOWN IN FR..ONT OF THE CHILDREN.
THE GRANDPARENTS ,ARE SAYIN WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR SO OBVIOUSLY
THEY CHOOSE GRANDMAS SIDE...IN TAKIN PART OF THESE EVILIST TRADITION..
.SAME THING WITH EVERY OTHER BABYLON INFLUENCE AT SCHOOL
WHAT I DO IS MAKE MY SONS KNOW THAT
IN RASTAFARI INI HAVE SOMETHING
THE REST OF DEM DONT HAVE ...SO DONT BE ASHAMED OF WHO U ARE INI IS RASTA SEE IT JAH ???
I MAKE THEM FEEL LIKE RASTAFARI WILL MAKE OTHERS LOOK UP TO THEM..THAT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO CHILDREN
TO BE LOOKED UP TO
BEIN POPULAR IS IMPORTANT TO THEM
SO I SHOWED DEM THAT BEIN DIFFERENT
MAKES U STAND OUT FROM THE REST AND IT DOES
U HAVE TO MAKE THEM PROUD WITH OUT MAKIN THEM ARROGANT..
I PLANT A SEED IT WILL GROW
DONT WORRY
RASTAFARI SEEMS TO STICK UNTO GENERATIONS
I WAS 14 MY CHILDREN ARE BORN WITH THIS BLESSING
THEY WILL GO TRU EVERY THING LIKE EVERY ONE ELSE
BUT THEY KNOW JAH IS THERE
SO WHEN THEY FALL THEY REMEMBER JAH
WHEN THEY RISE THEY REMEBER JAH
SEEN
WITH OUT COMPLETE ISOLATION WICH DOES CAUSE RESENTMENT

AS PARENTS I FEEL INI HAVE TO PLANT A SEED WATER IT WACH IT GROW IN ITS TIME
WHEN SEEDS GERMANTE
INI DONT SEE JAH WORKS UNDER THE DIRT BUT ITS WORKIN
INI DONT SEE IT TILL IT BUST THE EARTH AND BLOOM
BUT JAH WAS WORKIN EVEM WHILE INI DIDDNT SEE IT
SO PLANT WATER AND PRAY
THATS ALL I KNOW BOUT THAT ...NOW MY CHILDREN SEARCH THE NET AT SCHOOL SHOWIN SELASSIE I PICTURE ...THEYVE SHOWN I SOME I NEVER SEEN BEFORE
U SEE ME

LOVE JAH
ALSO MAKE SURE INI IS NOT THE BAD INFLUENCE WHEN FACED WITH TRIBULATION
CAUSE THAT DOES HAPPEN TRUST ME
WHEN U GET DOWN YOUR CHILDREN GET DOWN..U KNOW???
CAUSE THE CHILDREN SEE INI IS RASTA IF DEM SEE INI DOIN WRONG
THEY WILL FEEL ITS ALRIGHT
TO BE RASTA AND DO THOSE THINGS ..OR SAY CERTAIN THINGS U KNOW
I BEEN WORKING ON THAT
SINCE I NOTICED MY SON
ACTS JUST LIKE I MAN
SEE IT JAH ??

HOLY IMMANUEL I SELASSIE I JAAAAH RAAASTAFARI
7 WORDS OF LOVE GOD IS LOVE LET US ALL LOVE

Messenger: kglass1 Sent: 10/28/2007 3:43:21 PM

Greetings Rasta. Give thanks for the response. I thought about what you wrote and I realize that in teaching and focusing on the importance of righteousness, I may not be emphasizing enough on what a blessing Jah is to InI. It is also easier for I knowing that I'm not the only Rasta dealing with similar situation. Give Thanks again Blessed Love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/28/2007 11:12:03 PM

When I and I grew up, most of I and I were exposed to the negative influences of babylon, but I and I strill trod unto Jah.

I and I need to make sure to spend time to teach I and I children as much as I and I can. So when they come across all the negative influences, they will have a foundation that I and I didn't have growing up.

Check the games they play, check the shows they watch, and make sure they don't get fooled by what they see, teach them the Right. Sometimes it is necessary to teach them as they are watching it, but often it can be taught at another time. The reason I say that is because if I and I are always disturbing their TV shows and games to tell them this or that, they may learn to not listen so much any more because we will be pestering them too much. But if I and I come with balance and teach them at other times, but referring to things we saw in their shows or games, then when the times comes when I and I feel the need to immediately show them something and disturb their show or game, they will be more likely to listen because it is only occasionally.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: GebrMikael Sent: 10/29/2007 11:46:34 AM

treat the home like a sanctuary, there they must get there information

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I