Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2340&start_row=31

Sizzla teaching the Youths

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/22/2007 11:54:25 AM

ROOK FARI SELAH,

I corrected the "big head" line that you mentioned. So since I corrected it, I erased your correction message.

And I also erased your duplicate posts. Did you possibly click the send button twice because the first time it looked like it wasn't working? If that is not what you did, then I don't know what happened.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Jah-Set Sent: 10/22/2007 8:51:37 PM

Yes I,
I agree, for the most part, wit de I dem. I thinks it is a matter of consistency and contradiction when talkin about Sizzla and his message. Sizzla is my favorite artist for years now but I too dislike many of his dancehall chune, which alot of time carry a negative charge to me. And now that he is becoming a bigger artist in the US he seems to be conforming to what people want to hear. A wicked heart fraid positive music eh, serious ting. So nobody in the states wants to hear positive music. they want, guns, bitches, drugs and all kinda fuckry.

But i dont feel Sizzla should change his style for yanky people. But i agree somewhat with that ROOK say, yard is a hard place to be raised in and no matter how peaceful de I try and be there will always be people who gone want to fight you, and what you must do? sit dung an let dem tunp you and kick you? you mad? Even a peaceful man should prepare himself for battle and give himself a fair chance, now that may not have anything to do with Sizzla sometimes negative lyrics, but everything comes from someplace. But the bad a man does can never take away from the good and vice versa. He is one of the most insightful, blunt and versitile artists of our time, I cant think of anyone "better".

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/22/2007 11:25:27 PM

Yes I, RasTafarI Iniversal quote again,

By the word "neutral" We do not, of course, mean that abstention from political activity which has been for so long the hallmark of a Switzerland. We can no more refrain from political activity in the year 1961 than man today can voluntarily refrain from partaking of the radioactive fall-out which will be bestowed upon him should a nuclear holocaust erupt on this globe. Nor does neutrality mean that without taking sides, we content ourselves with urging that the powers most intimately concerned negotiate in good faith to the solution of the issues in dispute between them; we have passed the point where prayerful pleading serves any purpose other than to debase those who thereby abdicate any responsibility or power to influence events.

To be neutral is to be impartial, impartial to judge actions and policies objectively, as we see them either contributing to or detracting from the resolution of the world's problems, the preservation of peace and the improvement of the general level of man's living conditions. Thus, we may find ourselves now opposing, now supporting. now voting with, now voting against, first the East, next the West. It is the worth of the policies themselves, and not their source or sponsor, which determines the position of one who is truly neutral.

This, We maintain, is the essence of non-alignment. Those who would righteously denounce one side on every major problem or issue while reserving nothing but praise for the other cannot claim to be non-aligned, nor can those whose policies are shaped for them elsewhere and who wait patiently to be instructed whether they are to be for or against be called uncommitted.

Ras KebreAB made a good point when he said people weren't speaking about the things Sizzla was reasoning about in the videos. There is a time for everything.

It would be nice if this reasoning could Itinue with reasonings about the videos and the things he says in them. There have been several reasonings on the forum talking about the undesirable things Sizzla deals with and one of those reasonings or another new reasoning might be better suited for the reasonings that have changed this topic here.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 10/23/2007 7:13:16 AM

Greetings...

Rook Fari Selah, I appreciate what the I did say, and truly, nobody could ever crucify the I for being so humble.

Yaa Asantewa, I appreciate the I for stickin' to yer guns, that was a little too far though...I never did say "one love"...and the I did say "Intention is the key" so?

SELAM

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 10/23/2007 2:16:11 PM

lol
Sizzla a RAS, A my idren that, real soldier

wanna talk about guns ? go right ahead

shoot slave master offa dem pillar,,,,,YES I

LOL JUST musik PEOPLE

IF YOU HAVENT SATTA AND REASONED WITH THE IDREN THEN SHHHHH

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 10/23/2007 2:42:30 PM

a little challenge for the i them

forget the music for a minute

watching the man sit and reason, can you see or hear anything that you wouldnt want your youths to hear ?

why dont ones never talk about the good things?

you guys want to talk about america this and that but do you see how sizzla dont divide the people like some want to do

hear him say "a the SAME people" ?

"a universal thing, Selassie RULE the thing" yes iyah

"millions of dollars, we still move humble" yes i, i will testify to that

still got time to go to school, ,,well bless Rasta

Keep doing your thing iyah

Fire burn the crab inna barrel mentality

Rastafari is

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 10/23/2007 8:14:16 PM

I just want to comment on how people still dont acknowledge RastafarI or atleast act like its truth. Is it a religon that people in the US or the UK can get into?

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 10/24/2007 7:51:18 AM

Ises one and all
Royal House of Ithiopia-Israel

Well, let me come back to weh I started this topic. It is a blessing to see so man Ipinions inspired by this topic.

Well, the reason why I posted it was, to me it felt like this video, this interview brings to one point all those Sizzle controversie's (with which we as Rasta Nation have some problem from time to time) and explains them.

First of all this video proves Sizzla is no racist.
Second, he explains on a biblical level his view on homosexuals.
Third, he explains the slackness controversies.

That is why I loved to see this interview, because there Sizzla really takes time and speaks straight, and explaining it to a white youth who looks like him straight from a privy school in campridge. It's just onederful all in all how the man set the point straight.

And for the slackness point. Well, for my part I do not own ANY sizzla CD as I am not into such music. But when I hear some of his tunes I like them message. And he explains that straight. And I loved the WORDSOUND. I n I come as messengers and ambasadors of JAH Royal Ithiopian Kingdom. We come seriously and don't play no games, and we come to confront all kinds of people. And that's why he explains that he has different music for different people and occasions.

For my part, there is NO music but I n I King's Music Nyahbinghi Harp mussic great and thunderable word sound POWER music Ancient Israelite King David music.

All other music is just a vehicle. That is why I have a hard time overstanding all thos dancehall dreaddies jumping around to some artificial music when my Lord Congo Watto taught us, King Immanuel taught us to stay away from such things modern msic industry fooling the people and clouding their minds.

As I said, modern music is nothing more than a vehicle. We use it to teach the people, cah when we go and talk to the people like HIM did in front of the World Nation community(as we really should do!) nobody would listen. But when you play them a riddim and they skank an jump around like clowns, the words too will linger and some day might bring fruit.
And Sizzla explained this so onederfully and this interview made me for the first time REALLY respect that man. Because it showed I n I that all this behaviour is just a very intelligent show so that he can forward in his MISSION. We all come in I n I mission. Just yesterday I met a man he was in his suit and short hair, but he is dread inside, he was there in the eighties meeting Prince Immanuel himself and all the important elders. Sometimes we judge too fast, many are called and I am not the one to say WHO is chosen. JAH ways are mysterious and many do things to forward his masterplan and we don't even realize it.

Sizzla is sent among the streetpeople. For the streetpeople you must be a streetguy to make them listen, Paul would have said it like this today. And Sizzla knows that.

Just listen to the interview (and also the second part) again. keep all those things you don't like, understand or respect about sizzla in mind and maybe he will show you the reason for all those things.

Fact is, men like Sizzla did more to forward JAH plan (on the community level, the international level) then most of us. Some are satisfied to say, oh I am so pleased with my righteousnessy in my own 4 walls. And others say, fine, but what about all those people outside my 4 walls?

May JAH broaden our minds!
Selah

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 10/24/2007 8:32:53 AM

Yes i
Give thanks, thats was a wonderful word sound

Most strange to i, is that, speaking from an individual point of view, Sizzla is quite a different person from i, but still i can overs the idren, so why is it a lot of ones still dont ?

Here is a youth that is more i kind of person

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBJbkHehD58

Rastafari Bless

Messenger: Ten Sent: 10/25/2007 5:52:55 PM

Blessed Love
I positive feeling on Sizzla has been expressed by the I them and that video is an inspiration to watch. Sizzla is doing much more god for the community than the bad the people them want to say abt him. Having said that though I still have my issues with some of his lyrics when he talks abt gunshots and women in a derogatory manner, that I can't reconcile and its not enough to say the man is human or give the man a break. As much as we are falliable, we are also accountable for our actions and I won't say I won't listen to Sizzla or say I'm disappointed, his music has its message for I and those other non-irie things he sings about I have the choice to skip the songs. Judgement is btwn him and Sellasie I. But back to the videos, give thanks I injoyed watching them.
Bless

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I