Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=234&start_row=1

What Should I Do?

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ABoyko Sent: 2/27/2004 8:43:01 AM

I have recently discovered Rastafari through a friend and hope it is a religion where I can actually accomplish something for my self and others, so I have come to get a few questions answered.

1.) Is it okay that I'm white?

2.) How/When should I praise?

3.) Do I have to follow every "rule"?

Overall I think this religion/lifestyle could do a lot for me and just need some guidance.

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/27/2004 9:34:50 AM

just look at some of the post and then ask questions.

jah love

Messenger: Bro Jahphet Anbesa I Sent: 2/27/2004 9:36:09 AM

Greetings I

Man... the colour question.
So much time I WASTED on this... but to make it short, look at the Pics of the Moderator of this Page Ark I at www.zionking.com .... hope that is an answer.
But this thing will come up to you often and sometimes it maybe will nearly knock you out.... and I really got sick and tired.... but Jah gave Iman the overstanding!
Iman stand strong in I n I Faith guided by the Allmighty... no colour talk can push I n I down! But when I started to trod RastafarI it was a big issue for I... you have to control this!
Come humble, respectfully and conscious.... and you will be respected!

How you should praise?
Only you can answer this question!
But when you start now RastafarI Way, isnīt it more important to know to whom the I shoulod pray?

You see... the rules.
When this is a problem for you... when you force yourself to follow this "rules" ... then you are wrong!
You should keep all this rules(what rules you mean?) because of your Love to God... because of your Love for a Righteous Life.
It should be completely normal for the I to follow Jah in every way.... and to follow all his rules.

Selassie I Guidance and Itection!
Much Love Brother!
When your name is written down inna Jah Book... you will trod RastafarI in Righteousness!

Bro Gad I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/27/2004 9:53:48 AM

Yes I,

Those are the answers to your questions. Feel free to ask other questions. And like Jahphet said, what rules is the I talking about that the I is not sure that the I want to follow?

One thing I will add about the colour question. Some people that call theirself Rasta say that a white person can't be Rasta. But all true RasTafarI that I have met, know that the colour of skin makes no difference in the trod of RasTafarI. RasTafarI SoulJahs come from all parts of the world.

But one mistake I notice that a lot of white Rasta's do, is that they don't seek out elders to learn from. They spend most of their time learning from other white Rasta's that also haven't learned from elders. And most of the elders that the I will find will be black, so the I should make sure to learn from the elders. But don't let colour, locks and appearance tell the I who is RasTafarI. Let their spirit, words, actions and ways tell the I who is RasTafarI. Because their are many that call themselves Rasta, but are not RasTafarI.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/27/2004 9:56:51 AM

truth

Messenger: Nesta sista Sent: 2/27/2004 11:47:16 AM

InI first, mindly, recognize JAH in 1982. InI is a descendant of the Celtic Druids and my blood swims with a unique mixture of Celtic, English and Afro-American!!!!So's when InI was livin on Jahrock for so long, when me go to take leave, dem really hard on InI
cause the sun turn my pigment so dark and them na believe InI Canadian! They took for a nativeborn Jamaican "white" Rasta!
AS FOR RULES< if you site up HIS IMPERIAL IJESTY, YOU WILL NATURALLY AVOID BABYLON TINGS THAT WOULD INTOXICATE YOUR INNER IRIT( spirit).
Jah will never let go of you- KNOW THAT!!!

Nesta sista

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 2/28/2004 12:32:49 AM

Blessed Love, Ras Aboyko-JAH RASTA FAR I

Bredren, Thanks and priases for the quesitons of seeking.

Jesus said,
"let him who seeks not cease in his seeking-until he finds
And when he finds, he will be troubled,
and if he is troubled, he will marvel and will be a king over the ALL.

Selassie I uttered
"Today man sees all his hopes and aspirations crumbling before him. He is perplexed and knows not whither he is drifting. But he must realise that the Bible is his refuge, and the rallying point for all humanity. In it man will find the solution of his present difficulties and guidance for his future action, and unless he accepts with clear conscience the Bible and its great Message, he cannot hope for salvation. For my part I glory in the Bible."

Marcus Garvey...
Have Faith In Self
October 27, 1927

Today I made myself in life anew,
By going to that royal fount of truth,
And searching for the secret of the few
Whose goal in life and aim is joy forsooth.

I found at last the friend and counsellor
That taught me all that I in life should know;
It is the soul, the sovereign chancellor,
The guide and keeper of the good you sow.

I am advised-"Go ye, have faith in self,
And seek once more the guide that lives in you"
Much better than the world of sordid pelf,
Alas! I found the counsel to be true.

Aha! I know right now that I shall see
The good in life, and be a better man;
I will by thought and deed pull all to me,
In saving others, yea, every one.

Go down and search yourself awhile in part,
And tell me all of what you see and hear;
Isn't there something pulling at your heart?
Tell me the truth and have ye then no fear!

There is a voice that speaks to man, within,
It is the Soul that longs for you to know
There is no need for you to grope in sin,
For you in truth and light may ever grow.

***Come to terms with why u are asking if it is OK to be white.(what is "white?" as opposed to something else ? What are u organically?)

***Giving thanks and praise for what u r grateful for and acknowledge the source. (How do the I gratitude How do the I priase anything? what do the I have to be grateful for ?)

**The rules are made by the INI ..... the judge of these is INI, the kingdom of heaven is within INI.(LOVE is the ONLY Law to Obey).

MEDITATE, listen ask and know yourself. Rasta not a RELIGION nor a B-LIE-f $hit$tem.

Read Pslams 119 aloud in the morning.

JAH RASTA FARI

Messenger: Benjahmin Sent: 3/25/2004 5:29:58 AM

Yes Idren-
Lovely reasoning this !
It is good to see that serious Idren work in the Internet.....
I have seen much follies in other "Rasta-forums"....so keep up the good works here !
RASTAFARI Blessings
Benjahmin

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I