Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=233&start_row=11

the christ movie

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 26
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/29/2004 8:24:33 AM

i did not say that.. i said it was as it was writen still agood work.
not just the jews killed him they all did..but to those how hear the truth there is no death..

jah love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/29/2004 1:09:56 PM

Greetings,

From what I Iverstand Jahphet, Mel Gibson wanted to show what kind of torture Christ went through, and what kind of sacrifice he made for I and I.

He wanted to show the crucifixion for what it really was, and not make it seem softer than what it was, he didn't want to just float through it so that he didn't offend people.

And he showed how the mob of people were cheering and encouraging the crucifixion, this was part of the experience that Christ went through, so why shouldn't it be shown. It was not every Jew in Israel there cheering the crucifixion, and many Jews followed Christ, and following Christ doesn't make a person no longer a Jew, because Christ was showing the original livity of God's people, and was a Jew Himself.

Look at all the movies portraying different wars, showing people of other nationalities in a bad way. Or the fictional movies about things that people of other countries supposedly do. I don't here cries in the newspapers about those movies being anti-german, anti-chinese, anti-iraqi, anti-cuban, anti-arab, anti-jamaican, anti-russian, the list can go on for pages. Stephen Siegals movie "Marked for Death" should have been front page news for its completely false and backwards representation of RasTafarI people.

Compare it to movies showing the wickedness of slavery. Should the reality of what Africans went through be hidden and flowered, so that people don't look badly upon the English, French, and Spanish for what they did.

Standards should be the same for all people, of all nationalities. If these things should not be shown of Jews, it should not be shown of any people of any nation. And if it can be shown of any other nation, then it should be able to be shown of Jews also.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/29/2004 2:34:00 PM

the movie is what it is ,life is what it is so...

the actor did not write the moive he just did his work..it shed light on something that happen,not all of it but part of it..steps.

see its not about us...races..it is about..the teaching of JAH.
thats why i say he was african, white, black all come from Africa..they called him Jesus of Nazereth...He was a jew from the tribe of JUDA from isreal from AFRICA(THE WORLD)...look it up..

JAH LOVE

Messenger: Ras John Sent: 3/4/2004 7:04:09 PM

I haven't seen the movie, but I'm really familiar with the New Testament... I think the whole deal with the Jews being an active role in the murder/execution of Yeshua is that they were His people- and they were the ones who tortured and ultimately murdered Him. I think that says a lot, so I don't see anything wrong with focusing on the Jews role in His murder- but check- no Christian can hate a Jew cuz Christians are Jews. Just as Rastas are Christian. If you hate yourself, you aren't real. Ima leave it at that.

One love.

Ras John

Messenger: Ras John Sent: 3/4/2004 7:07:34 PM

One more thing- InI KNOW it is wickedness how Yeshua is always portrayed as looking really white- but we shouldn't see His colour as a big deal! If it was meant to be a big deal than the evangelists would have MADE it a big deal when them wrote the Gospels, seen?

Selassie say colour shouldn't be regarded! We all know that quote!

Consciousness live!

Ras John

Messenger: Bro Jahphet Anbesa I Sent: 3/5/2004 12:13:17 PM

Greetings I

I am not shure what quote you mean... please quote it here!

Yes man.... the colour does not make you a good or a bad man... and it does not change the Person of Isus Christ!
But you know.... I n I is here to blaming the historic LIE of the WHITE, BLUE EYED, BLOND, ARIC JESUS CHRIST!
On this LIE there are based the doctrines of colonialisation, slavery, racism, appartheid etc etc etc....
Bun that!I know Yeshuah was a black man!
So what does that change? I am a European and still know that my Messiah is a Black Man.... and I also know my God and King Selassie I is a black man. For myself it is just an historic fact.... and Iman do not follow any lies!
And yes.... to me this KNOWLEDGE let me see Yeshuah and his teachings from a different view.... the view of historic truth and overstanding!

RastafarI loves the Truth! I n I educate the people about the truth!

Bro Gad I

Messenger: Legacy Sent: 3/8/2004 7:27:38 PM

I think that I will add my reasoning to this discussion. I have chosen not to see this movie, because i feel that it goes against the beliefs of InI. InI do not need to focus on the death. InI overstand this pain and suffering. InI have felt the lashes of the whip thru slavery, thru the Jim Crow laws in America in the 1960s. InI don't need to re-live the suffering that InI have been subjected to for centuries, and are still subjected to today. InI focus on the miracles of JAH, touchin the man who can't walk upright, feedin the oppressed. These give I strength, and I-spire. InI gotta remember that, not death. Yeshuah died to give InI freedom, not depression. InI seh JAH LIVE, not JAH DIED! Emancipate the self from this mindset bredren and sistren...it could be a trap!
JAH LIVE FOREVER!!!!

Legacy

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 3/8/2004 7:42:51 PM

JAH RASTA FAR I Legacy...

Yes I....time to stop reliving the pain and utlize that gain of overstanding of the injustice. Too may X-tians in love with the death for thier salvation....

JAH RASTA FAR I

Messenger: Ras John Sent: 3/11/2004 9:47:06 AM

Aiite Bro JAHphet... hear InI out

It IS wickedness that they always portray Yeshua as looking really white, cuz that make people associate Him with their race and no one elses!

But truth be told- we cant REALLY know what colour Yeshua skin really was cuz none of us was around to tell! And the ones who were never really came out and said it, and for good reason! Cuz if they were like, Yeshua was a black man, kept it real black and tings, chilled with only blacks, then the blacks following Him may feel they can relate but not the other 75% of humanity!! So the evangelists didn't come out and say much if Yeshua was white, black, brown, hispanic, asian or nothin! Cuz colour, ethnicity, all a that, it's not the point! Look at Selassie! HIM race ain't like the rest of Sub-Sahara Africans! Different looking facial features! Different skin tone! Cuz HIM relate to all humanity! All humanity a part of HIM cuz all humanity is an extension of JAH! HIM not gonna come looking all pale and blue-eyed! Cuz not much of humanity is blue eyed. And HIM not gonna be black as the night sky either! And cuz He's not one way or another, He is everyway! He is Infinity! He is JAH Almighty!!!!

And that is the beauty of leaving colour to be completely secondary! You don't build up walls when you want to explore all around yourself!

One love

Ras TafarI!

Ras John

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 1/3/2005 4:04:52 PM

I dont see the importance of trying to say Jesus was white or black, for all I know he may have been black and white checkered if that stops people from dividing InI.

JAH is spirit and I dont see any color. Yes Rastafari was black as InI know, but I dont see that as meaning there is a division between black and white. I think we all were one color in the beginning but due to adjusting to nature we changed.

We are all one so we should not try to make one color superior. What we do and how we live is what matters, not what we look like.

Blessings,

Bergy

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 26

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I