Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=233&start_row=1

the christ movie

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 26
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/27/2004 7:29:15 AM

i went to see the movie it was agood work..just need more brass in his color other then that i have to say that i have never seen hollywood tell the truth until now...]
there is more to be seen

jah love

Messenger: Bro Jahphet Anbesa I Sent: 2/27/2004 9:38:39 AM

Do you mean this Passion Movie of this catholic film star?
I only heard negative things about it... they say it is very anti-semitic! But they havenīt played it here yet... maybe the film is really good.

Bro Gad I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/27/2004 9:52:05 AM

man it was like it was writen,but the man should have been more of color,this too,it had the truth of the time of the days..

one

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/27/2004 10:21:29 AM

Greetings,

Jahphet, it is the same as what I said in I post about the Israeli army bank robbers.

Any time someone talks of the evil that Israelis do, they are labelled anti-semetic. To not be anti-semetic by their definition, is to see no evil, hear no evil, and speak no evil of Israelis. They should be able to do any kind of wickedness, and the rest of us is supposed to pretend that it never happened, and only remember the good things that they do.

I haven't seen the movie yet. But from what I have heard and read, it is the graphic depiction of the torture and crucifixion of Christ, and displaying the Jews cheering on the torture, that brings about cries of anti-semetism. Many critics said that the reality of the torture, shouldn't be shown, they think that it should be played down and hidden, and mostly shown symbolically.

They like to romanticize the death of Christ so they don't have to look at the horror of it.

My father told I that in Serbia, they don't say "Good Friday" on the day Christ was crucified. They call it "Big Friday", to show that something big happened. My father thought that is was wrong for North Americans to call the day they tortured and crucified Christ a good day.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 2/28/2004 1:30:53 AM

Blessed Love, Jah Rasta Far I

I have not sited the film, InI comment on the "JESUS" message and the use of violence, anti-semitism and Jesus dying for "OUR" sins as Passion.

I site that the "anti-semetic" statements expressed by Jews, to some extent, are based on the fact that many zealous (usuallys southern) X-tians with KKK influences hate Jews. In thier ignorace these X-tians Blame the Jews for Jesus death-neglecting the logic of thier own "Religion" which demands that Jesus to die to save them from thier sins.

JESUS did not die to save any one from SIN. He was not sent to die, he was created (as all JAH I-dren) to live JAH RASTA FAR I Livity. If the man walked the earth today, the man would be killed by the same MAN-MADE INSITITUTIONs that profit from his life and death with blasphemy.

The Jewish religious leaders of the day did want Jesus dead, they asked the ROMANS to do it, under the FALSE pretense that Jesus was speaking out against Herod as KING. The Romans did not want to get involved and yet obviously had some sort of fear with the Jews, to stretch thier won laws to justify killing the man. NOTE THAT THIS SAME THING IS HAPPENING TODAY...... So they carried out his execution. SO Jews and Gentile alike put the man to death as they DO TODAY. It seems both INSITITUTIONS were playing politics and site what happened. SITE PROPHECY... While they point the finger at the other, three more are pointing back at them....BABYLON

Jesus died doing Jah destiny. The man could have lived in the flesh, if he would have kept his mouth shut, but HTeman knoew his spirit would die if he did not opn his mouth to let out those words of sound and power that JAH put into his mouth. It was the I choice to do or not do the father's INI will. The man spoke the truth the words of JAH---manifested, to those who did not want the masses to know how free they b. They trembled by his words and in fear they killed his flesh, but not INI spirit.

Jesus did not sacrafice, unless one sites doing JAH destiny as sacrafice. Sacrfice of what ? FLESH.....hahaa...That is what those ROMANS and JEWS were protecting...thier flesh. Man always be hailing up DEAD heros...site, where is the one who will die for the truth. How can one sacrafice what is not his in the first place? LIFE is of JAH.

That is the confusion of X-tianity.....i-ternal life...in some starry place with all the amenities of earth, without the consequences.....BUMBA KLATT....SO much worship of the religion and the spirit is lost...Just as Jesus pointed out to the Pharisees. KNOW that the religious leader are the one who are executing popel today in spirit with the LIES of "original sin, heaven by dividing man from JAH with there false doctrines that dispute perfection and deny annointing to JAH I-dren.

As for the violence I have heard about in the film....Hmmm, I know the story of Jesus.....INI site the pain of many of Jahjah I-dren so that to relive something that I KNOW already, well.....

Not to diminish the suffering by any means, yet INI deal with the suffering that Jah send I way each day and it is a reliving of what has happened and I site that healing time is NOW. I saw the movie Schindler's List and that was an excellent film about the Holocaust, it brought an expereince to my awareness that I have never been the same......but I will never watch it again.....enraged and then drained I

I saw Sankofa, about the North Atalntic Slave trade and the physical pain I experienced spiritually was terror. I relived the past in I flesh that brought that brought I together as the ancestors. It humbled I today, strengthened I tomorrow and taught I yesterday.

These films are important to those unaware of I-story to manifest knowledge. They need to be shown to the youth, but not in the arena of ENTERTAINMENT....RELIGION or POLITICS....The ones with open eyes and ears will site the truth...ALL GLORY TO JAH.

I site that the movie be in the Amaric tongue, which would be interesting. A bredren sited that when he watched it, there were no people of color in the film. A i-storical inaccuracy.....again, the Catholic church will do what they must to keep up the HOLE History to lead the ones astray. The WHOLE truth will be revealed to those who have not hardened thier hearts.....

If anything, I site as a mainstream film, it will open up dialogue.... As Rasta living amongst X-tians, INI site "may the words of I mouth and the meditaiton of I heart be pleasing to INI, JAH RASTA FAR I.

Blessed love bredren and sistren. ONE WHOLE LOVE to the kings and queens princes and princesses....................JAH RASTA FAR I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/28/2004 8:06:44 AM

JAH LOVE

Messenger: Bro Jahphet Anbesa I Sent: 2/28/2004 1:20:37 PM

Greetings I

Ark I.... Iman see that a bit different....
I live inna Austria(neighbor country of germany).... and the NAZI-history still lives in so many brains!
You can be shure anything that is against jews(films etc) cause much agression agains them in real life!
You can speak easy about this when you live in a country withou(or not many) problems like this.... but I saw TOO MUCH NEO NAZI agression and brutality against jews and against "non-aric" people.
I hope this movie wonīt cause some Nazis to burn down the next Jew Temple or attack jews...

Bro Gad I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/28/2004 4:18:38 PM

i don't know why they cair,i mean he was after all african

one

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/28/2004 6:06:33 PM

Greetings,

What about movies that portray other nationalities is a bad way. babylon is full of these kind of movies. And most of them are fictional stories that create a false image of the people they are trying to demonize.

So many other nationalities have to go through the prejudice that come from the influence of movies. And the story in the passion of Christ isn't just some fictional story, but it is reality.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Bro Jahphet Anbesa I Sent: 2/29/2004 8:13:09 AM

Greetings I

Yes... but there are different ways in how to make this film.
And I heard that they made this story in a unnecessary anti-semitic way. I remember a news-paper said "... the jews do not say the bible is anti-semitic, but this film..."
To me that sound as if they turned the whole story in this anti-semitic way.
But I havenīt seen it yet.... so I do not know it for shure!

Yes Yeshuah was an African Hebrew... but on pics of the film I saw a white man on the cross.
So if this is true, how could this film be historical correct?

Bro Gad I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 26

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I