Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2210&start_row=41

WHY DO THESE SO CALL ARTIST LIE TO THE YUTES

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 44
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/21/2007 10:22:41 AM

Yes I, well i dont really know about role models, but when i have i nieces and nephews around i just try to keep them away from all those people the above song is talking about.
I mean its one thing to speak of rappers promoting money and this and that, but what does one say when those people like for instance the one they call paris hilton, people like her now got 10, 11 yr old kids following everything they do, then one day, you cant go anywhere on the web without seeing adverts for their Fornication tapes.And you know say the little youths today probably know waaaay more about the web than i do. Those people are the real danger to the youths

I just try to show i beloved youths them things like the video for Thank you Mama (sizzla) or like the i mentions D.Marley and such, ofcourse Bob Marley helps a lot, you know, there are plenty good reggae videos for the youths to watch, things you will never catch on mtv lol

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/21/2007 10:47:58 AM

Blessed Love Empress Crystal, apologies, no disrespect, but that video had me cracking up,
I am going to have to see a lot more before i even think of believing those things.
More than a few t shirts with images of Egypt,
more than a few carefully paused pictures of handshakes,
much more than a couple of song lyrics totally taken out of context.

This are the same people who sit around making conspiracy theories about the Simpsons tv show lol

The record company is called Rocafella. Its all about the pursuit of riches.
"Roc" as in gem stone like diamonds, hence the hand signal. what do you expect. Notice , all making those signs are either in that company, or are personally involved with Jay. You think if he and beyonce break up tomorrow, she will keep making that hand sign ?

lol
and when i speak of the Pope, some think i am a conspiracy theorist

well we will see, there is nothing hidden that shall not be revealed

Blessed Love

Messenger: Ten Sent: 9/22/2007 2:59:40 PM

Ises
Listening to LondonTown by a UK mainstream artist called Kano and he tells it like it is one the street none of that "chains, rims n bling" stuff. I watched the MOBO last night - UK equivalent of BET Awards and it was packed with American artists. The international award went to Rihanna (WHY???? Worse still Sean Kingston was Best Reggae Act against Stephen Marley (Oh JAH!)), but there were no Black artists from any other nation in that category. I wasn't feeling that - goes to show what the radio stations are promoting as if its only music from Amerikkka and UK that's worth playing but there's so much going on in Europe, Canada, New Zealand, Asia, Africa, South America. If only they'd dedicate the time to finding out whose making musical moves around the world, but the same artists dominate time and again. At the end was an award to the Boyhood to Manhood Project for their outstadning contribution to society. The woman who accepted the award burnt fire, she said 'I'm a 53b year old woman and how dare you, how you rappers, singers have the nerve to call me b&*$%, h*" Woman was burning fire 'pon all them artists and I was clapping for her, happy to see someone bold enuff to say no to this namecalling nonsense. The hosts of the show, Shaggy and Jamelia looked a bit taken aback but they ended the show with a performance from Neyo.
Anyway other contentious winners were Amy Winehouse and Tim Westwood. So many artists were absent - if they were nominated the least they could do is turn up esp artists like Rihanna and Kanye who are so popular here. Interesting there was no mention of Common - maybe he's too much fire for the Babylon.

I hope all the Ites had a JAH Blessed Sabbath.
Rastafari Liveth and Reigneth
Hail HIM

Messenger: EMPRESSCRYSTAL Sent: 9/25/2007 8:56:17 AM

lol blessed love raskebras well you are cool with the i i was just lol my self seriously i was jus speakn like ook who cares of the lyrics i dont even listen to the man
im mostley listen to reggae but i do think bout my lil cousin here in newyork who listen to him.plus it was also said hes part of the illuminati tell me what the i think

peace n love all

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 44

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I