Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2203&start_row=1

NUBIANS ??????????????/

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 9/16/2007 1:31:59 PM

PLEASE NOTE THAT NOT ALL BLACK PEOPLE ARE NUBIANS
I HEAR OVER AND OVER ,FROM THIS ONE MAN WITH MANY NAMES ON THIS FORUM , REFERING TO BLACK PEOPLE AS NUBIAN
NUBIANS TODAY ARE MOSTLY IN SUDAN THEY ARE EGYPTIAN AND SOUTHERN SUDANESE
NUBIAN WERE AND ARE A PEOPLE BUT....
THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE OF AFRICA U CANT IDENTIFY EVERY ONE AS ONE NATION
AFRICA HAS MORE MINI NATIONS THAN ANY CONTINENT IN THE WORLD
SOME PEOPLE ARE ZULU
SOME ARE SHABAZZ SOME ARE BANTU
SOME ARE SWAHILI
RASTAFARI IS THE ONE NESS U ARE TRYING TO CREATE ,
BY SAYIN THE RASTA IS TRYIN TO TRICK THE NUBIANS IS FOOLISH
RASTAFARI IS AFRICAS ONLY HOPE OF UNITY
"R" GOVERNMENT
"BOBO"
AFRICAN CHILDREN UNITES PEOPLE NIGERIA
GHANA ETHIOPIA
SOUTH AFRICA
RASTA IS THERE

ISLAM FAILED
WESTERN CRISTIANITY FAILED
AFRICA FOR THE AFRICAN THOSE AT HOME AND ABROAD
THE ONLY THING FOR AFRICA IS
MARCUS MOSIAH GARVEY KING IMMANUEL
AND EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE I AND OUR MOTHER EMPRESS MENEN
WHO ARE ALIVE AND WELL
WITH US TODAY

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/16/2007 1:48:50 PM

......and Forever

Holy I Selassie I JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 9/17/2007 7:45:44 AM

Selah!

Messenger: Princess Bless Sent: 9/17/2007 12:20:45 PM

Just like english, french, canadians, americans, etc white people, caucasion people, but they are not in the caucas mountains, people still refer to them caucasions, and europeans, etc, so although there are moany states of africa, and the people of the state are refered to by that said name, doesn't mean that we are not one people.

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 9/17/2007 12:45:44 PM

ONE PEOPLE YES ONE NATION NO
OUTTA MANY INI ARE ONE
WE HAVE DIFFERENT NAMES THAT IS WAT IM SHOWIN THIS ONE TRACK YUTE

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 9/17/2007 12:48:07 PM

Yes. That is a good point. I do agree with that point of view... that to describe InI as Nubian is to give Ises for the source of InI civilisation: Nubian/Cushitic/Ithiopian origin.

I do have to highlight some tiny confusions here. Nubian is a specific ethnicity of sorts... but at the same time it isn't. (the contradictions are not mine, but that of the overall formalised study of race & ethnicity at all). Swahili is not an ethnic group. Zulu is. Bantu is not... it is more of a "race" type (in the feeble sense of the word).

Bantu & Nubian are similar levels of categorisations. Modern Ethiopians would not consider themselves Bantu (this is a category for black Africans with more African physical features, as found in Western & Southern Africa). For example, in Rwanda... the Hutus are considered Bantu. But not the Tutsi. You see it? Bantu is a category of black. In the East and North of Africa, much mixing has gone on as we can see. However, we know that the people of the ages all over Africa were Nubian/Cushitic people. Nationhood and cultural / ethnic specifications evolve over time based on many factors.

It is likely that those considered Bantu today are Nubian / Cushitic people of yesterday. Sudan as a landmass as it is recognised today is not the same as it was recognised in the past. For example, the 'Sudan' region of the ancients stretched across from Sudan today, through the central Africa, right across till it was right into Mende land on the extreme West Coast of Africa. So, at one point... the Igbo's, Yoruba's, Mandinke, Mende, Sande people (to name very few) of West Africa were called people of the western Sudan. You see it? Sudan / Nubian is a region and an ethnic ORIGIN.

So... like the Princess says, there is logic to referring to African Americans, and people of general black West African descent as Nubian. You could also use Bantu if it wasn't linked to derogative experience in South Africa.

But the importance of what the Iemple says it obvious. So, it's selah!!

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 9/17/2007 12:59:14 PM

YES I GIVE THANKS

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 9/17/2007 1:00:19 PM

I WAS READIN ABOUT SWAHILI KING DOMS
THAT CREATED SWAHILLI SPEAKIN PEOPLE CAN THE I ELABORATE ON THEM MY STUDIES ARENT REALL Y THAT BROAD AS OF YET

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 9/17/2007 1:10:27 PM

Blessed Love, My Lord,

Yes, I'm similar to the I... my reading on Swahili Kingdom's is thin on the ground. I'm better versed on West African developments (but wishing always to add of course). My assertion relating to their group and language is based on a little simple knowledge of Swahili being a creolised tongue based on movement of people, and cross roading of Arabs & Europeans in the region.

I think Empress Ten would have some knowledge on this area... hopefully she'll check up on us soon and help us fill in some gaps.

Give thanks for the I being here tho, my Lord. It is important for many people to see and know how men of European descendancy can live up in truth & righteousness without belittling themselves, or "selling" themselves out... (as many of them might see it).

Always good to see man of R! God in flesh. But the I has silenced many who thought that to live on the side of uncompromising righteousness is to hate one's self. Or to love Africa and wish for Africa's strength is chant down white flesh... and InI know it is not the case. So give many thanks for the Righteous demonstration.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 9/17/2007 3:19:43 PM

Greetings
Yes I, Empress Yaa is correct in her narration of I n I history. Bantu speaking peoples cover Cameroon-Nigeria to the Somali-Kenya coastline and all the way down south to the Cape Agullas in South Africa. There are over 400 languages that all came from the same tongue and because of this common linguistic parentage you find similarities in some words. The Hutus and Tustis are very contentious groups to classify because this was a classification done by good ol' Bismark and King Leopold II. Tutsis were said to have a flat nose and were distinguished from the Hutu by height. The Tutsi were said to be the suns of Ham and the Bantu Hutu had the more European noses (!) Its a classification with no genetic or racial validity that has been used as a colonial strategy of classification to divide and rule managed to kill millions and leave the survivors fighting amongst each other for generations to come.

Anyway I digress, Bantu migratory patterns cover the southern third of the Motherland and the eastern bloc is from Uganda to the Cape and there are similarities in the languages and the greatest concentration of Bantu peoples is between the Congo River and Zambezi river. On the western bloc as the Empress said it extends from the Cameroon-Nigeria seaboard, and it continued to grow because of the advancements the Bantu made in the Iron Age. The use of iron was widespread in farming and hunting so because of this change, populations began to increase, pressuring the need to move eastwards. The Swahili Kingdom arose out of interaction between Africans and Indonesian and Arab traders and was spoken mainly on the East African coastline from parts of Somalia, Zaire, Kenya, Tanzania and down to Mozambique. The name comes from the Arabic word 'sawahil' meaning boundary or coast and 'ki' means language. Swahili, Lingala and are Creole trading languages. The Swahili city states grew out of trade with Arab and Persian merchants from about the 6th centruy there was alot of interaction between these people. This is why Islam has such a stronghold on Tanzania, Kenya and Somalia. They traded alot in cloths, ornaments, fish and in Zanzibar and to a lesser extend Mozambique there was human trade with the Portuguese that became slave raids and these slaves are what make up part of Brazil today.
As the I say the term Bantu has its negative connotations because it was used as derogatary term in southern Africa and was used as administrative law, but it still has its validity as term to name us as peoples. Its wicked what the system has done to us and taught us to shun ourselves even our own naming systems, cultural practices and such. But I and I must continue to uncover and take back what is rightly our heritage, our pride and glory. Hence we discover the biggest truth which is the Black Jesse Christ in His Majesty, Haille I, Conqueror of All.
Blessed Love

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I