Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2101&start_row=11

Love Song

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ten Sent: 8/23/2007 7:22:39 AM

Noon Ises I
At least where I am. Yes music is life, I could tell my life through all the songs I have heard as each belongs to a different part. It would be hard for me to say which sense I would chose - for I sight is so important, imagine not being able to see Jah Earth, seeing the sun or the moon, the trees and the mountains - sights from mountains tops is fullness of Jah beauty and everyday, every hill has adifferent sight to behold, each day the sun's path is different and I can't imagine not seeing that. Without sight I might never be able to trod in the mountains as I wish. Although I'm not a pro, I love to run too and feel Jah's winds pushing me through and lifting me higher. Imagine breaking Sabbath without seeing the sunset or the first starlight or rising in the morning giving Ises in the east but you cannot see Jah sun? And for I being a writer I draw through words and without sight it would be so hard. I know Helen Keller was a writer but the more vivid, colourful and poetic side of me would be unknown to I. I guess I'd write through sound but I don't know. Being deaf is also difficult, a world without sound not knowing what loved ones voices sound like. Never being able to hear music, the mystic sounds of the earth. Imagine never being able to experience sound for self and relying on the interpretations of others, to know what rain and thunder sound like or your own baby's cry. Imagine not being able to communicate through speech. Its too painful to think of either way, I can't say. But back to Strange Fruit yes I love that song, it draws on your every emotion and that's power of Billy Holliday, she has this way of moving you through music...Thanks for the comment Aya, I guess we could talk endlessly abt all our favorite songs : ) Bless

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 8/23/2007 11:31:46 AM

Empress Ten:

Raphael Saadique: Kissing You! RRRRRRrrrra! Big tune.

It's been a while since I thought about that one. Yes Iyah. Big tune.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/23/2007 11:59:22 AM

lol seen
dont know that one, will look for that tune

Bless

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 8/23/2007 1:38:49 PM

Ises

It's just amazing how many tunes are coming to ya mind. i believe I don't even know so much songs. It seems I don't spend so much time on listening music. Or the prob is I don't remember so much when I should, like now.

I guess love songs are all songs dealing with love.

Ok let me think.... we speaking about non-reggae tunes?

Mr Shakur - Unconditional Love
Fugees - Killing me softly, Nappy Heads (oh Mona Lisa.... hahaha)
Arrested Development - Natural

Hmm it seems I'm not the guy for these typical love songs....

But my all time favourite and THE song for I and I Queen still is
Kymani - Royal Vibes

Selah

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/23/2007 1:58:31 PM

Babyface´s "I said i love you" can always melt i princess heart lol

and no iyah, doesnt have to be just non reggae, all music

oh, Sis Ten, the i mentioned the Wailers, but i didnt see "turn your lights down low" hehe

Messenger: Ten Sent: 8/23/2007 2:59:55 PM

aw that's a love song I and When Can I See You Again - BabyFace
Also
Tony Rich Project: Nobody Knows
TAFKAP: The Most Beautiful Girl In The World
Mariah Carey: Vision of Love
Mary J & Method Man: I'll Be There For You
Soul For Real: Candy Rain (could've been the next Jackson5 but their career was sadly shortlived)
Lighthouse Family: High, Lost In Space
Percy Sledge: When A Man Loves A Woman - aw now there's a tune!
Righteous Brothers: Unchained Melody
Isley Bros: some real crooners! And The Pasadenas too
All the versions of Aint No Sunshine though the original will always be the best
By the way Ras KebreAB I put Turn Your Lights Down Low next to Lauryn but the original is faya too! bless.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/24/2007 10:15:18 PM

you know i had to do it lol

http://uploadhut.com/view.php/597601.mp3

hope the i dem like it, a real love song

Bless

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/24/2007 10:52:30 PM

who can tell me the name of the artist pon that song will get a pat on the back haha

BLessed Love

Have a blessed Day 7 , One and All
In His Name
Jah Rastafari

Messenger: Ten Sent: 8/25/2007 3:47:12 AM

can't open link I

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/25/2007 4:22:01 AM

seen, i think the file is a bit too big for that site

here try this one

http://www.zshare.net/audio/33051066a3d4ac/]slow collections - 06 - tey - menew.mp3 - 16.48MB[/URL]

ahh, but this site will let you know the artist and the song lol

oh well

its amazing how hard it is to translate

the title of the tune, there is no real exact translation in english for it since it is an expression
to translate it loosely , "Tey Menew" , is like saying "wont you plz" spoken to the female gender

enough talk
enjoy

A little warning tho, repeat listening might cause addiction lol
i know, i have been playing the same song since last night

Blessed Love
Rastafari

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I