Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=209&start_row=1

False Rasta,,them still deceiving the mass

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 58
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ijah Sent: 2/11/2004 6:49:22 AM

me was listenin this song,therefore InI wanted fe post its lyric
In short words,it shows how the false dreads still is giving bad name to InI brothers an sisters in JAHFAITH....it is sung by Ras Karbi

Bongo ,I ,and some other dreads,forward down a riverbed
with the herbs and the Bible
fe go sing sweet songs of praise to JAH
and dip in the ital water
While I was praying,praying to I Father,
somebody stole the bag of ganja away..
NOT EVRY MAN BEAT DRUM PRAISE JAH
NOT EVRY MAN WITH LOCKS IS A RASTA
nuh listen,Mr. thiefing dreadlock
ye better put back the bag of ganja

Me say fe hold them,JAHJAH hold them
Flash lightening and bun dem
Roll thunder and quake them
Wet them with the rain me nah call no name
A so them go a road and gwan with wrong
and bring bad name pon Rasta

Next thing ye hear,them robbed a man
next thing ye see it pon television,and evry radiostation
mix them up with innocent Rastaman
but the public know them a hooligan
a me say,same last night I comin from work
like any other workin Rastaman
See one inna the dark with him ital talk
``Hail Dread,wha appen Iya?``
So if ye touch me JAHJAH burn ye with fire

NOT EVRY MAN BEAT DRUM PRAISE JAH
NOT EVRY MAN WITH LOCKS IS A RASTA
woyooy,Mr. thiefing dreadlock
ye better put back me bag of ganja
Me say fe hold them,JAHJAH hold them
Flash lightening and bun dem
Roll thunder and quake them
Wet them with the rain me nah call no name
A so them go a road and gwan with wrong
and bring bad name pon Rasta

Next thing ye hear,them robbed a man
next thing ye see it pon television,and evry radiostation
mix them up with innocent Rastaman
but a treu them nah know them a hooligan
woyooy,Mr. thiefing dreadlock
ye bringing bad name pon Rasta
you just a bring bad name pon Rasta
yes,if ye touch I JAHJAH burn you with fire
Move with you:``Hail dread,wha appen Iya?``

RasTafari lives and leadeth InI over rocks and through the valleys
thx and praises to The Most High
H.I.M.HAILE SELASSIE I

OneLove&Inity Blessed Greetings,

ijah

Messenger: Legacy Sent: 2/11/2004 12:29:43 PM

Yeh, this is a growing problem- all many a dem see is the evil dreadlock, who steal from 'is brethren, and kill for greed and power. Them see the ganja and think it is all about drugs and sex...but InI have the burden of correcting these ideas and leading the evil dreadlock from their ways. Thank u for posting those lyrics! JAH LIVE!

Messenger: mdjonas Sent: 2/11/2004 2:09:22 PM

Which false rasta?
Rasta is true. Anything false is not rasta.
Some people identify rasta with locks, drums and herb, and also with calling the name of His Imperial Majesty. When you make that mistake then you will see false rasta because many who do those things are not rasta.
When you realize that those things don't make somebody rasta then there is no more confusion. Rasta is not those who call upon HIM name or beat drums or smoke or grow dreadlocks. Baldhead do all those things. Them is not false rasta, them is not rasta at all.
The false thing in this reasoning is to call people rasta just because they say they are rasta. The first thing we know is that rasta is a inner thing, not outside. So let us don't mistake and call people false rasta. The false thing is that they say they are rasta. The truth is everybody in the world say they is rasta, because everybody say they are not evil or insane. Check it out.
It is not useful to worry who is false rasta and who is not. Jah is the judge of that.

Messenger: ras_jay Sent: 2/11/2004 4:12:13 PM

I do not have a problem with non RasTa cultivating locks but when a Dreadlocked person steals. Babylon quick to say. them RasTaman all again stealing that is when Ras Tafari get the wrap for it and a negative immage quickly arises and its not fair on the good people of this world the RasTaman of this world

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/11/2004 5:05:24 PM

Greetings,

By I and I example and ways, I and I will give a good name to RasTafarI. Don't let these imposters show the people what RasTafarI is about, because they don't know what it is, and they don't live what it is

When people come say that a Rasta do this or that wickedness, I and I must show them that those people are not RasTafarI, and show them what RasTafarI truly stand for, so that they will be corrected and they can also correct the others with the same misconception.

I and I are representatives of RasTafarI, so let I and I represent.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: mdjonas Sent: 2/12/2004 2:18:14 PM

that is bullshit.
Rasta is not ways. Rasta is truth. And seeing good ways never make people believe anything or they would have accept Jesus and Selassie.
The only way people will accept the truth is when they see it for themselves internally. There is no other way.
You cannot see who is rasta from the outside, by looking at them physically nor by looking at their actions. You cannot judge a man's actions and see him to be true or false. You don't know what is going on, and judging with only a small part of the whole evidence is clearly folly, everybody knows that.
People will never know who rasta is, only rasta know. They will never be able to see what is rasta, only if they know it from inside. So finish with this reasoning about how you can know rasta and baldhead by their actions, and people will see the truth and so on.

Messenger: Ras John Sent: 2/12/2004 4:44:51 PM

Seen, seen... but check- those who SAY they are Rasta, praise JAH Selassie... smoke herb, wear dreadlock ETC.... dont mean they are Rasta unless they FOLLOW JAH teachings... Rasta is REALITY... not outward appearance! Rasta isnt SKIN DEEP! NAW! WE BURN DEM WITH FIRE'!!

So check... to "be Rasta" you got to be TRUE. Granted we all sin... but we cyaan glorify this or submit our lives to this! We cyaan use tghat every man sin as an excuse! We got to be real... know who we are, what we gotta do, why we gotta do it. If a man sayin he praise JAH rob InI, then InI know he dont praise JAH... that he just a Babylon fiend! Seen? Honesty is the truth! Honesty to I-self! Honesty to your bredren! HONESTY FI INI!!! Thats what Rasta is... not dreadlocks... not ganja... not reggae music or saying Praise JAH Selassie! Rastafari IS truth! Rastafari IS righteousness! Rastafari IS one love in JAH Selassie the ALmighty God!

Bless up all those true to their faith and what they stand for. We walk the walk when we talk the talk, seen? THats why Babylon give Sean Paul awards and forget the artists like Burning Spear who founded the music! Cuz them like what seems hype and things... even if it means compromisin what is TRUE... in that case, what REGGAE is about!

Aiite, enough of InI rant... things like that get I VEXED guy!

One love- BE TRUE!

Ras John

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/12/2004 8:55:45 PM

SEEN

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/13/2004 10:43:06 AM

Greetings,

Yes I Ras John, this is how I and I must live.

Jonas, what the I says is sometimes true. But other times, some people do change their views about RasTafarI when they learn what it is truly about, instead of continuing to believe their misconceptions. Sometimes it is the words and actions of RasTafarI people, that cause certain Ones to accept the truth internally.

So it is true that many will not change their views and will hate RasTafarI no matter what, let the filthy be filthy still. But for those others, hearing I and I words, and seeing I and I ways will show them what RasTafarI people is truly about, and open the door for them to see RasTafarI within.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: peter mloyi Sent: 2/25/2004 11:40:44 AM

Deceiving come in different ways. as mentioned above and this is also a deciving problem, Iman as a rasta did met a freind who was very radical in this thing, but all a sudden Him change and now He is running a crusade against Rasta, as he is saying he is a christian like a white pentecostal preacher and all Rasta things are false doctrines.
Let's scrutinise these kinda I's to see their intations to join Rasta a the begginning as they come and deceive many of us.
In jah we Unite.
Mloyi.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 58

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I