Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=208&start_row=1

just a question

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 46
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: HABESHA Sent: 2/10/2004 3:42:37 PM

theses days i've been reading a lot about RASTA , i read some stuff that is not clear;;;; "rastaMAN walks differently in order to intimidate and pass a message" how does a rastafarian walk?
who is ras daniel Heartman? and A RASTAFARIAN WHO DOESN'T SMOKE GANJA ,IS HE LESS RASTAFARIAN than OTHERS?
CAN YOU KEEP YOUR RELIGION OF BASE,,,,in my case catholic,and be considered rastafarian?
YOUR ANSWERS R VERY WELCOME
PEACE N LOVE

Messenger: Rasta man Sent: 2/10/2004 4:02:54 PM

Greetings, A rasta like I does not walk any diffrent. And a Rasta that doesn't smoke ganja is perfectly fine! InI am a Rasta and i haven't smoked Ganja for a long time!! Sometimes ganja is not for everybody!
JAH BLESS
HAILE SELASSIE I
JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Bro Jahphet Anbesa I Sent: 2/11/2004 10:20:42 AM

Greetings Habesha Man I

Ras Daniel Heartman played the second starring in "The Harder They Come", alongside Jimmy Cliff. He was a good friend of Bob Marley.

Yes of course... in this world of sin, Ism and Skism and devilism and all this wicked things... a Righteous Man, a Lionheart Rastafarian walks different... he walks RIGHTEOUS!
Iman is not hear to judge, but to do the things on the right. To live in the will of the Almighty, and to set a good example.
You know, InI must carry JAH message through the whole world, cause all the RIGHTEOUS must hear Jah call to follow HIM!
That is InI mission, before not all chosen Is follow HIM this Iwah won´t pass.
So I trod Righteous... I live the life of a Righteous folloah of Jah! That every chosen man see I good example and follow Jah call alongside all the Bredren and Sisdren.

I smoke Ganja... not much... but Rasta is not a Ganja-thing.
I respect it very much, because that is what InI Elders teach me. But I do not see it that important for Iself.

Bro Gad I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/11/2004 10:36:46 AM

some times i walk some time i crwal some time i run..
i like to say i walk with Jah OR JAH WALK with i..
some time i have to weld some time i have to sing...it is what vibration that i get (YOU KNOW)..I smoke the weed (alot)but it not for all people.all things have there pros and cons..

but when i say walk i mean WAY OF LIFE(JAH WAY)
don't tell the youth to stop fighting just show them how to fight..

one way JAH WAY

sonone

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 2/11/2004 10:43:58 AM

Selassie I Jah Rasta Far I

Love - Love - love

Beloved, like the bredren said sometime walk sometimes run....know the season at the time. INI Jah-site all power at the INI being so that no fear of others no fear of ANYHING cause LOve drives out all fear....Site ? InI am not htis nody called nefertiti...just a material thing that will come and go like the grass and the trees, but the vibes, the energy of life the moliclues the clees the ESSENCE of what is NOT seen by the EYEs that is I-ternal.....

Jah not made by laws rules and regs....JAH LIVES...anything less than that I-spiration is folly....site ?

Ones the INI FREE............................

Jah Rasta Far I

Messenger: Legacy Sent: 2/11/2004 12:38:28 PM

About one of your questions- can you keep your base religion and still be Rasta? I don't think you can. I used to be christian, but then I saw that the ways of christians were not correct, there were hypocrites at every turn, false teachings, oppression. Therefore, i could not support a religon that believed in these things. I see the Catholic church as a church of oppression and corruption, and I want no part of it. Remember- Rasta is a way of life, not a religion. You can't have it all- if you are truly Rasta, you need to abandon the ways you have had before. Does this help?
About the ganja- I don't smoke the herb, and it is fine. It depends on what you think is right for you. As long is you do it for the right reasons...
About the Rasta walk- think of it metaphorically...

One Love,
Legacy

Messenger: mdjonas Sent: 2/11/2004 1:56:49 PM

When people teach true things that is rasta. When people speak false things that is not. If your religion is true then all true rasta follow it automatically, because it is true. If it is false then rasta reject it naturally. If your religion has part true and part false then rasta will accept the true part and reject the false part. I wouldn't worry about if the religion is true or not. Just follow truth and seek truth, and you will live truth. So all falsehood has to fade away because it is not truth. So you have to answer that question for yourself, about if you can still keep your other religion and still be rasta. If you live rasta and find yourslef following that religion then the answer is yes, if not then the answer is no. Rasta came first, from foundation. So when people come with teachings those teachings are only true if they are talking about rasta, and that is the test to see if they are true or not. So seek and don't fight up with too many questions. Jah will show everything in due course.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/11/2004 4:30:02 PM

Greetings,

The part that RasTafarI deal with concerning the catholic or other churches, is to come and represent RasTafarI. Speak about the things within the church that need to be changed, even say these things directly to the priest.

Show them that they should stop hiding all the wisdom that is in the Bible, and start showing the people the fullness of it. And that they should encourage the people to read the Bible, and learn for themselves what Jah has shown I and I through his Prophet Children. Tell them to put the Bible in front of the people at church, instead of the song book. Or make the box bigger to fit the song book and the Bible. Show them to encourage reasoning within the church, so that the congregation can ask questions and give answers, so that the people can grow as One. Not all questions and answers are supposed to be from the priest. The priest is to encourage this within all, so that all can come closer to Jah.

Christ showed the priests in those times the folly of their ways, and they hated Him for it. And Selassie showed the folly of the ways of the church in these times, and some hated Him for it. I and I must do the same, and if I and I are to go within a Church, I and I can't allow I and I selves to be lead in the wrong direction.

And as far as walking go, walk according to how the spirit leads, in righteousness. RasTafarI is not an image, so I and I shouldn't walk unnatural. I and I should walk according to I and I character.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Za-Za Sent: 2/12/2004 12:55:14 PM

Hmmm yeah Ark I see what you chat 'bout.
But to answer the question "can you keep a religion and still be rasta" Thats a big no! Remember rasta is not Christinity, Judism, Islam, or Buddist.
And to me Rasta is a Religion!
Is not Christianity a way of life? or Buddas or Jews?
Again Ark has on this site the words of Selassie saying that if we lived up to be Christians wouldn't the world be a better place?
The key word is "Lived up" or as you say "Way of life" same ting!
Basically we as man got a "do-over" with JAH. To see who are the faithfull. And BTW there is a Rasta Church for Rasta worship for one to ask questions. This Church or Temple was ordined by Selassie himself! Again the key word is ..............."Lived Up"
And are you really doing it?!?

ONE
ZA-ZA

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/12/2004 1:12:20 PM

Greetings,

Yes I, I and I is RasTafarI. That is why I said that I and I must represent RasTafarI. And since RasTafarI livity is different than catholic livity, I and I is not catholic. I was just speaking of I and I duty to show the truth wherever I and I go, and not to abandon the people that I and I grew up with, but to perform I and I duty by showing the true Christian livity, RasTafarI livity.

The church of RasTafarI is the people. So when RasTafarI people come together, this is the church.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 46

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I