Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=204&start_row=1

INITY!!!BUT HOW WHEN RACISM IS AROUND??!!?

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: HABESHA Sent: 2/9/2004 4:44:21 AM

,you see,i'm 19 years old,and it's my first time leaving MY country (ETHIOPIA) My continent(Africa) my family,my friends to settle to France(Lille,north of france) to study.Since i came here,5 month ago,I realised that BLACK MAN is surely not WELCOME.You see,DAY to day life is a BIG CHALLENGE, A BIG FIGHT against racist people,who ironically are very good at it;Because they will do their best to make you feel "that you are intruding"(how they look at u,how they speak to you and many many more) just for the note,i practically suffered to find an appartment here cause i M BLACK,they say "C'EST LOUER" OR it's taken just as i appear to their front dooR.
The appartment i'm in right now is owned by an arab guy(an AFRICAN,from MOROCO HIMSELF, came out and said,"U BEEING BLACK I'M TAKING A RISK BUT WE WILL TRY: TAKE THE APPARTEMENT!!!!".But anyways,all this trouble,all this reject, in the other hand helps to create a very powerfull CHAIN OF BROTHERHOOD BETWEEN BLACK PEOPLE,it's hard to say but THERE ARE FEW ORIGINAL BLACK PEOPLE,BABYLON GREW IN THEIR SPIRITS,(there is large senegalease community here,and i hang around with them(as far as i know i'm the only ethiopian here!)and inside you feel some kind of driving force that tells you to, more than ever unite,this doesn't mean that we are not open to other cultures we are,personnaly i had friends from practically every colour back in addis abeba, but here i just can't have white friends BECAUSE OF RACISM FROM THEIR PART,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,WHAT I AM SAYING IS,,,,,,,,,, RASTAFARI MESSAGE SAYS;;;;;LETS ALL UNITE>>>>>>>>>BUT HOW IS IT REALLY POSSIBLE WHEN YOU LIVE IN A RACIST REGION????????????? OR DID I MISUNDERSTOOD THE MESSAGE,,,,,,, DOES LET'S UNITE MEAN MOSTLY BETWEEN BLACK PEOPLE;;;;;;;;;;I DON'T THINK SO,,,,,,,BUT WHAT I KNOW IS I'LL FIND THE ANSWER IF I READ THE BIBLE,AND JUST CHECK OUT RASTAFARI FORUMS,
(just for the note,i used to have dreadlockes ,only the hair not the spirit)

i'll finish by an expression i took from A RASTAFARIAN WEBSIE ========================================================================May the I be iley blessed in Iternity, and Ises to the Most I! Yes-I!

Messenger: Bro Jahphet Anbesa I Sent: 2/9/2004 9:22:52 AM

Greetings I

I cannot say much to that.
I man is white(darker than the others, but still european), and I live in europe.
Yes I heard, that many struggle who come to europe... when they look different. One have to stay strong! With the Guidance of the Iest!
I am not an African... but where I live people use to think I am from Turkey, south Europe or North Africa(because I am a bit darker)... and people do not like foreigners... so I was in a few dangerous situtaions when this neo fascist skin heads tried to attack me.. just because they thought I am a foreigner etc...
But I love to hear that more and more people conquer over racism!
Take your Bredrens and fight against it!
I know some Africans living here... together they are strong! So unite with your black Bredren to form a strong unity.
Because like Malcolm said, before there is not a black unity, their cannot be a black-white unity!
Itection and Idance from the Most Iest!

Bro Gad I

Messenger: Bro Jahphet Anbesa I Sent: 2/9/2004 9:24:02 AM

Greetings once again...

I know a Bredren from Ethiopia, he is called habesha sew... what does that mean?

Bro Gad I

Messenger: Legacy Sent: 2/9/2004 9:58:33 AM

Bredda, I know what you seh. I live in a very racist place, for most of my life. It is a daily struggle against the looks of others, the suspicions, the glares, the comments, the attitudes.

It is the most important goal to unite. There is no greater power than millions InI-ted for the same purpose. Unfortunately, many people do not want to unite, because they are greedy, racist, whatever reason. It is the duty of Black people with this goal to bring all brethren together. It seems impossible, but it will be done! It is hard to bring together racist people...

As for now, bredda, keep your head up. Show the racists that they are wrong through your actions. JAH strength be with you!!!

Legacy

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/9/2004 10:07:19 AM

Greetings,

I and I are to unite with people who can unite with I and I. For two people to unite, both must want to unite, if one doesn't desire this, it won't happen.

I have never been to France, but I would think that there will be some people that are not racist, they may be few and far between, but they are there still.

Don't worry about who the I will unite with. Jah will bring the I together with the people who are able unite.

Jah Live,

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/9/2004 10:26:08 AM

unity:it start with i self.
out hear there is know rasta...just black politions..
iam alone if we are taking about phyical..but like bob say(im not from this earth)
i do not even know any one hear that knows ho ras tafri is.

FUCK THEM..people how do not see..they fuck them selfs...

JAH is hear...the childern half to no that...
all my life it is has been some ass hole saying to me that i am not good anuff for there area..fuck them.i go were i want,and when JAH say no that when i stop.SEE.

stand up stand..let i fight for our RIGHT..
JAH LOVE

Messenger: HABESHA Sent: 2/9/2004 4:03:07 PM

Brother
habesha is ini ethnicity - u are habesha if you are Ethiopian or Eritrean. ini from BOTH COUNTRIES,so it makes ini very HABESHA!

see

Messenger: Bro Jahphet Anbesa I Sent: 2/10/2004 11:29:19 AM

Ah... thanks!

Bro Gad I

Messenger: mdjonas Sent: 2/11/2004 2:26:59 PM

Inity is inity, oneness.
Racism and other schism is falshood. Schism means split. Inity is the truth and any split is false. When people believe in the racism and other babylon lies then they cannot see the fullness of truth that is Inity and rastafari.
So the truth is that Inity is not around when racism is around. Racism is a false accusation against Inity. Inity prevails when racism falls.
If this sound mix up let me explain....
The truth is the truth, and believing a lie doesn't mean that the truth is no longer truth, it just means that the person who believe the lie cannot see the truth. So it is not that Inity is not around when racism is around, but those who believe racism are blinded from seeing Inity fully, so for them it is not around, even though in reality it is, if they could only see it.
It is like that with Inity and racism. Those who believe in racism are blinded from seeing inity, at least insofar as they believe in racism. Maybe they see inity in different ways, but they do not see the fullness of Inity because they are partially blinded by the lie called racism.
So what I would say is that for those who believe in racism I would not fight against that. I would focus on the positive things that they CAN see, and not what they cannot see. They cannot see the Inity that they will see when they conquer the lie of racism, but they can still see Inity from other angles. So I would focus on those true angles that they can see. That way, it is very likely that they will come to realize that racism is a lie. Big up the truth that they can see. Once they are living and conscious, they know the truth, even if they do not know the whole truth. So focus on what they can see, not on what they cannot see due to believing lies.

Jah just give me this one....... look at what you can see with your eyes. It is only what is in front of you. What is behind you is still there, but you cannot see it. Those with stiff neck refuse to turn their heads to see behind them because they are afraid of what they might see, because they are cought up in illusion. Do not argue with them about their illusions, because argument cannot make them change. Only love will make them look around with their necks. Show them the beauty of what is within their sight, so that they can see it in a new way. Then they will no longer be afraid of what is behind them, because they will have faith that it is just like what is in front of them. When they are no longer afraid they will look and then they will see that their fears were groundless, without foundation. See how mystical and powerful is Jah rastafari?

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I