Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2013&start_row=41

Orthodox Rasta?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 58
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Elohimras Sent: 1/25/2012 12:49:51 AM

I just read a post that said
Selassie I Is not God but a holy holy holy man
That last time I check holy mean pure
Since the Bible teach I that all man sin so if haille Selassie I Is just a great king like king David
Do that mean he Is a sinner
When I think of Holy God pop in I mind and him kingdom Zion
King Selassie I our God And king did Not fall into sin
Much more then a man
Also if people are still waiting for the conquering lion whom dem saying Is king Selassie I
What Is Dem saying about the emperor
Who carry the title conquering lion of the tribe of Judah
So what are people telling I
Just explain to I
Because christ wear that title
This Is something that I heard alot but never got down to what they saying about The emperor
Is people calling holy so rastafari won't burn dem out
From what I overstand Is the first rastafari hailed him as christ when did this change
So can any one in the name of our God and king but in the same breath seh him Is not devine
Jahovia God jah rastafari
My lord

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/26/2012 12:10:45 AM

It is not for all to see. EveryOne who is supposed to see will see.

Haile Selassie I Almighty God.

Messenger: jah_cedes Sent: 1/26/2012 9:31:34 PM

yes of course and every I person with an eye should see ! so dont just give up on I-n-I and I-n-I wouldnt give up, Look I am coming soon! I wish to see like our past leader of Pan-Africa how I-n-i seemed to remember now in day "things is not the they use to be"!

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 4/23/2013 6:09:58 AM

THE PREIST OF E O C
SAID HE WOULDNT
BAPTISE U UNLESS U
DENOUNCE SELASSIE I
AS THE FATHER AND
STOP SMOKE GANJAH Does the EOC denounce ganja???Because one bredrin said him saw a picture of H.I.M watering Him orchard filled with ganja

Messenger: burningbush Sent: 4/23/2013 9:34:42 AM

Bless up bredren, the picture the I is talking about is not the original picture but is a photoshopped picture of H.I.M. watering a different fruit. If the I has access to facebook type in Sista Mary Ites and the original picture is on her profile.

One Love

Messenger: burningbush Sent: 4/23/2013 9:41:14 AM

If the main doctrine of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church is "Tewahido" then it is inevitable that the Church should accept Selassie one day, right? If "Tewahido" means "being made one" then shouldn't Selassie I be revered by the church in some way as the divinity of all Ethiopian kings is supported by the most holy Ethiopian text of them all, The Kebra Negast?

Then again, it has been stated that the average Ethiopian Orthodox Christian's Iverstanding of the church would be more rooted in the liturgical tradition rather than the ideological tradition!

Selassie I

Messenger: Atafari Sent: 4/28/2013 10:05:46 PM

I understanding is that twelve tribes is viewing HIM as Gods chosen King on Earth, not God. now if you want to say that these people arent Rastafarians, I think that would be overstepping and judging. INI call Iself Rastafarian, as I follow the word sound and power, example, and teachings of His Imperial Majesty Haile I Selassie I, and his words about Christ lead me to be aligned with the Twelve Tribes viewpoint, however we are all equal under Jah and respectful discussion and exchange of views is healthy. And even though not all Rastafarians view everything the same way, we are all Idren. Give thanks for I first post on this blessed forum.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 4/29/2013 2:54:39 AM

Greetings Burningbush...I have seen the image,so is it true dat ganja was amongst the herbs?

Messenger: Atafari Sent: 4/29/2013 3:19:35 AM

I believe burning bush was referring to this picture http://p.twimg.com/AuSp8tnCQAE5jYE.jpg:large but this picture is photoshopped. I dont know if it was an artistic move, or a misinformation tactic, but the picture is not real. Of course INI can see the symbolism, of His Majesty watering a ganja tree, but I feel like this might have been done not as an artistic expression but as a misinformation. INI dont know who made it, but it looks like it is supposed to be portraying an actual occourance.

Messenger: ras deus Sent: 2/17/2015 6:05:56 PM

Mi cyan overstan why dem ppl wan fi seh dem Rasta buh dem hail Jesus or Yeshua or whatever name dem wan call him an not King Selassie I??? Dat nuh Rasta taal dees ppl is nutin but Christian Rasta sympathizers. If dem only no dat Rastafari foundation is built on Haile Selassie worship not Jesus worship. De elders dem sight up Rastafari as God not Jesus. Now all of a sudden dem wan tuh seh Selassie I nuh God?? De I dem rite becaz me rememba well when 12 Tribes used to hail de King now dem switch to Jesus worship too. All ah dem a Christian just involve in Rasta works. Buh dem nuh real Rasta just accept being Christian and stop confusing de people man. Too much people wan confuse Rastafari people stop it nuh.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 58

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I