Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2013&start_row=1

Orthodox Rasta?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 58
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: chainedlioncub Sent: 7/13/2007 9:37:56 AM

Blessings,
I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the mansion of the Orthodox Rastafari (I don't mean Nyabinghi, who are often called such, but, apparently, a different mansion).

One of the sites offering little information states:

"Many popular bands were Orthodox, notably The Abyssinians, a group with priestly and monastic connections. The family of reggae's "superstar", Bob Marley, were mostly Orthodox, although Marley himself was for most of his career a member of the Twelve Tribes sect."

This same site also states the difference between Orthodox Rastafari and the other mansions (I don't mean to just toss all the other mansions into the category of 'other', but the site does). It reads:

"the question which divides the "canonical" brethren from non-Orthodox groups is which of these levels of divinity applies to Emperor Haile Selassie. The Orthodox say he is divine by participation and ikonicity, and thus merits "douleia" ("veneration"); the Tribes say he is divine in essence and merits "latreia" or absolute worship."

Clearly it is not to be confused with Nyabinghi, Bobo Ashanti, nor Twelve Tribes. I imagine that it is different from Fulfilled Rastafari, but if I am wrong, can someone guide me? I'm guessing it is persons who accept the political, social and cultural aspects of Rastafari while holding to Ethiopian Orthodox theological views (with the exception that Selassie I is venerated)--but that is just a guess. Any info will be appreciated.
Blessed.

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 7/14/2007 5:16:28 AM

Ises High

All these titles and patterns and divisions.

Everybody likes to call himself Orthodox as it means original, rootical etc. That is why EOC called itself Orthodox thrughout history, and that is why Rasses who are involved in the EOC call themselves Orthodox.

the tribes use this name very often too, like they call their reggae(!) music orthodox music or there are tribes musicians who call themselves orthodox this and that.

then there are people who go back to the meaning of Orthodox: Original, Rootical etc; and thus they use the word Orthodox to refer to I n I first and foremost Churchical Ahdah Church Triumphant Theocracy Ivine Order of the Nyahbinghi Melchezidek Reign.

But I have never heard that there is a so (self-) called Mansion calling themselves orthodox. But many individuals like to use the word to discribe themselves.

SELAH

Messenger: kayaisesajah Sent: 9/12/2007 8:11:30 AM

Blessings and Love
Yes I, If the I looks pon this video, yuh will sight Ras Winston Ceyzont who is holding a chapter of Fulfilled Rastafari in Shashamane, Ithiopia. He is both Fulfilled Rastafari and Orthodox. So yes there is ones who trod Orthodox but are Fulfilled Rastafari still. Here is the video where he is interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lsa67lI9QQ
Allso after the I copy and paste this into the I browser and view it, yuh can allso go to www.fulfilledrastafari.org for more information. One Blessed Love and have a Blessed New Years.

Messenger: ROOK FARI SELAH Sent: 9/12/2007 12:50:32 PM

BLESSED LOVE TO ALL MANSION
KING IMMANUEL SAYS "
IN MY FATHERS HOUSE THIER ARE MANY MANSION
"IF IT WERE NOT SO I WOULDNT TELL YOU SO" LOL
I LOVE THAT PART
ANY WAY
MY QUESTION OF ORTHODOX RASTA AND FULLFILLED
IS IF YOU ARE A RASTA, THAT WORD IS JUST LIKE CRISTIAN ,IF U ARE CHRISTIAN U WORSHIP JESUS NOW IF U A RASTA DONT THAT MEAN THAT U PRAISE HIS MAJESTY
NO
TWELVE TRIBES PROPHET GAD
SAID SELASSIE I IS NOT THE CHRIST
FULLFILLED SAY THAT TOO ALONG WITH ORTHODOX
IF HIS MAJESTY IS DIVINE BY PARTICIPATION THATS LESS THAN A SAINT RIGHT???
SO WHY NOT SAY FULLFILLED CHRISTIANITY ?????
IF CHRIST JESUS IS THE FOCUS
AND SELASSIE I IS NOT GOD???
IT SEEMS TO ME , LIKE THEY USE THE NAME TO PULL U IN
BECAUSE SHE TELL U SELASSIE I
IS NOT THE CHRIST
FIRST THING U DO AS A MEMBER IS SIGHN IN AND DENOUNCE OUR LORD AND KING???
BUT RASTAFARI AS A MOVEMENTPRAISE THE LORD AND KING
PSALM 5 READ THAT
HEARKEN UNTO THE VOICE OF MY CRY FON UNTO THEE I PRAY

ETHIOPIAN ORTHODOX IS CHRISTIAN IN JAMAICA ALSO
THE PREIST OF E O C SAID HE WOULDNT BAPTISE U UNLESS U DENOUNCE SELASSIE I AS THE FATHER AND STOP SMOKE GANJAH
THEY ARE NOT RASTA THEY ARE CHRISTIAN
JUST LIKE FUILL FILLED AND 12 TRIBES WHOM I STILL LOVE DEARLY!!!!!!!

NOW ETHIOPIAN ORTHODOX ,
I LOVE AND CHERISH THEM THEY ARE HIS MAJESTY PEOPLE AND CHURCH
E O C AND I WOULD COME TO SERVICE BUT I WOULD STILL SEE THEIR JESUS
AS AND IS SELASSIE I IN FLESH IN OUR TIME
I READ IN THE BIBLE THAT CHRIST WOULD COME AND CRUCIFY
I ALSO READ THAT HE WOULD CAUSE A RIGHTOUS BRANCH TO COME OUT OF DAVID, A KING TOO......READ IT 4 YOUR SELF JEREMIAH 23 5 AND 6
HIS MAJESTY IS THE LION OF JUDAH REV 5,
SAY HE IS THE ONLY ONE WORTHY IN EARTH ABOVE EARTH UNDER THE EARTH
WOW THATS SAYIN A LOT
'IF HE ONLY PARTICIPATE
SO PROPHECY FULL FILLED ON THE CROSS ON THE THRONE
IT SAID HE'D DIS APEAR LIKE A THEIF IN THE NIGHT AND HE DID

THIS TIME HE COMIN OUT THE CLOUDS MAKIN NO NEW FREIND
AGIN THIS MY PERSONAL MEDITATION ON THIS MATTER
NOT TO PUSH ON U
I JUST LOVE TO STUDY AND REASON
{THEY FORGOT IN 1968 I HAVE A BOOK THAT AN ORTHODOX CLERGY MAN CALLED HAILE SELASSIE I
THE CONFESSOR AND KEEPER OF MENS SOULS}
I
BUT AM I RIGHT??
WHY WOULD YOUR HOUSE BE CALLED BY A NAME OF A MAN U DONT WORSHIP??????
PLEASE SOME ANSWER THAT 4 ME
GOD IS LOVE LET US ALL LOVE

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 9/13/2007 6:18:45 AM

I am very very interested in the rasponse to the iditations in the above post. Is there a member of 12 Tribes here? I would love to hear the reasoning about these points.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/13/2007 7:21:49 AM

Selassie i say, He is the King of Kings and the Light of the World and Truth and History and Prophecy testify to this One truth

I iditation is in one accord with Rook Fari. If when I say JAH you dont say Rastafari, how are you a Ras
If you dont hail Emperor Selassie i as thy God and King and you dont live by His words, why would i call you by His Name??
It is not I love of Africa or I love of the Ible or even I spirituality that makes I a Rastafari, it is HIM alone, everything else come after
What is divine by participation anyway?? The Lion of Judah, who sit on the Throne of David is ony a participant now? No man cant tell i that

Like Empress Yaa says, i would really love to hear the reasoning from TTI members

Blessed Love
Rastafari IS

Messenger: Prince Hotep Sent: 9/13/2007 9:56:58 AM

Blessed love.
I would love to hear it too. It seems that TTI partsipate in Babylon structures, seing that they involve in reggae music Ificially as a Mansion(Israel Vibration is a good good band ,but their albums where financially aided with this Mansions support) I think it is not right for the whole Mansion to involve in bussiness, the music bussiness. The Chrtistian have a name for this, Christian Rock.
Not to bash anyone, but it is a bit strange, or InI completely misunderstand some points.
Holy Immanuel I Selassie I JAH Ras Tafar I
Yes I. Let just all love Ises High.

Messenger: Jah Virgin Sent: 9/13/2007 7:49:50 PM

What man U know named just?

GOD IS LOVE LET US ALL LOVE

HOLY EMMANUEL I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/14/2007 2:08:09 AM

I mostly trod with Bobo and Nyahbinghi Idrens and Sistrens, but I will trod with anybody with the Spirit of Jah.

The two main reasons I trod with Bobo and Nyahbinghi is because of the strictness in Livity and Principles, and because they recognize Haile Selassie I for who Jah is, the Almighty.

I Love all RasTafarI people, but for I the two things I mentioned above are such a big part to RasTafarI. When I see people who don't see that, the only thing that makes sense in I mind is that people who don't see it will eventually see it if they are RasTafarI.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/14/2007 8:14:20 AM

Blessed Love and Ises

This actually makes i think of i own mother. My mom is a devout christian, raised as a catholic, but like most people in Ithiopia, she was never too far from the Ethiopian Orthodox side of things. I myself grew up going to both churches until i was old enough to decide for i self.
Now if you go and ask my mom about the Emperor, she will tell you that she believes that Selassie is "God sent". She believes that His coming was prophecied but she just wont take that extra step to say He is Christ, Almighty Jah in Flesh.
So what can my mom be described as, a Rasta? Orthodox Rasta? TTI Rasta? Fulfilled ?
If you ask her, she will tell you she is christian

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 58

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I