Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1996&start_row=1

Ten please consider

1 - 10
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras power Sent: 7/1/2007 4:55:37 PM

Not because you don't belive something that mean it is wrong. If you went in a building when it is sunny and i came in after you and say it is raining, becase you don't belive it, dose that mean it's not true? Now i say the anti christ is the vatican, you don't belive it. The question is am i right? Now antichrist is a bible word(if you have a map you use the symboles how they say and you will find you way, if not you lose you way; and so with the bible) you ask a question, why think about the anti when we know the christ? Well knowledge is power, and daniel 2, 7, 11revelation 12, 13, 17and 18 warns us about that power. Read my post on daniel and lets reason

Messenger: Ten Sent: 7/3/2007 6:10:01 AM

Aya Give thanks for the reasoning and I hope we can have dialogue to and gain overstanding of each other's views. Aya you gave the analogy of rain and I believe truth is both physical evidence of something and it is also determined by faith/belief. But then truth is also subjective because what is one person's truth is not another's - it like the half empty/half full glass of water - neither answer is wrong but a matter of perspective. When it comes to the question of the AntiChrist you say the office of the Pope is the seat of the AntiChrist and I say no. In the Middle Ages and Reformation period the Catholic Church was seen as the AnticHrist because the Pope was called His Holiness and he also has the title of Vicarus Filli Dei meaning Son of God - for I that's an antiquated school of thought. At that time it was considered blasphemous to make comparisons of oneself to God but nowadays we flip the script and call ourselves by His Majesty's name (and some thoughts develop further into saying I am God as we've reasoned). I know its a sensitive thing to many dreads and I don't mean to offend but if His Majesty also has many titles of King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Negasa Negust, Elect of God etc might one who does not believe in HIM as God say this is a false title? Might they not say this God-like comparison is offensive and say the same things some Rastas say of the Pope?...
And funny thing is His Majesty recognises the Pope, the Vatican State and calls Pope Paul VI, His Holiness in HIS Speech to Asmara University and at Orthodox Church congresses.
And another thing its commonly believed 666 is the mark of the beast and you made some calculation based on this - well ancient texts also have the numbers 616 618 and 625 as the mark of the beast. The earliest known manuscript of Revelations has the number 616 (Papyrus 115) and the Zurich Bible based on the oldest manuscripts of the Bible has 616 as the number. How accurate can 666 calculations n theories be if the number itself is not known for sure. Some also go onto say the Mark of the Beast is Roman Emperor Nero of Rome and this is the view the Catholic Church has taken. They claim its because the total of the numbers 666 translate to Nero Caeser (when written in Aramaic), but Nero was a strong ruler who was popular with the people and brought economic and cultural improvements to the Empire. But he also persecuted Christians. There are many other theories of who the AntiChrist is and throughout history there have always been ideas developing, but to I , I've not been convinced. Something cannot be evil just because its common belief held together by inconclusive theories.
..And I've also read that the number might have been code for something else. Its said in times of political repression it might have been as a way of speaking out against unjust rule like Solomon's harems of women, the 666 talents of gold etc.
...If My own King and Lord recognised the Vatican then for what reason do I burn fire? If the mark of the beast is a barcode what evil has the barcoded item done? I used to go around calculating the number plates of cars and each that had 666 was the mark of evil and I'd chant it in my head as Babylon, but I went home for the holidays and discovered my own car's number plates added up to 666...That was JAH's li'l irony for me huh? Rasta is about peace and love to all and its important to pratice that always...I don't think we can hold the Vatican responsible for the evils in this life, its just too incredible and life itself is a force with its good n bad n that's all there is to it.

Messenger: EMPRESSCULTURE Sent: 7/3/2007 6:49:58 AM

GREETINGS IN THE NAME OF THE MOST HIGH JAH RASTAFARI .
I HAVE A LITTLE STORY OF WHAT HAPPEN INSIDE THE VATICAN , AS FAR AS I AM AWARE IT IS TRUE, MY HUSBAND TOLD OF IT AFTER HE HEARD IT ON RADIO IN AN INTERVEIW WITH MUTA BARUKA ( HE IS A JAMAICAN POET / BROADCASTER .) IT IS THE STORY OF A NUN WHO ECSAPED FROM THE VATICAN ! YES I SAID ESCAPED . HER STORY IN BRIEF IS OF HOW THE PRIESTS AND SO ON REGULARY RAPE THE NUNS WITHIN THE VATICAN.LEADING TO PREGNANCY . WHICH IS LATER THEN SACRIFISED . I KNOW THIS SOUNDS EXTREME BUT MY HUSBAND IS NOT THE KIND OF MAN TO REPEAT ANYTHING HE DOES NOT TRULY BELIEVE . HIS PHILOSIPHY IS YOU HAVE TO SEE IT TO BELIEVE IT . HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU HEARD ON THE MEDIA ABOUT THIS PRIEST HAS BEEN ABUSING YOUNG CHILDREN , THEY GET AWAY WITHIT FOR YEARS DESTROYING YOUNG PEOPLES LIVES AND SOMETIMES THE CHURCH KNOW AND SAY NOTHING , TELL ME DOES THAT SOUND LIKE THE WORK OF GOD ! IM NOT SAYING ALL IN THE CATHOLIC CHURCH ARE WICKED, ITS NOT FOR ME TO JUDGE! BUT TO BE AWARE. LOVE TO ALL .

Messenger: Ten Sent: 7/3/2007 6:57:48 AM

Give Thanks for your words Empress, I've heard many stories of boys being abused by Catholic Priests and Nuns falling pregnant, its just so wrong of people to use their religous positions to abuse others. I agree that's not reflective of God's work and I'm not saying the Catholic Church is free from corruption or badness, I'm just in disagreement with the view of the Catholic Church as AntiChrist. Blessed Love

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 7/3/2007 4:54:00 PM

Prophet Daniel made it clear for all who have eyes to see
Prophet Yohannes made it crystal clear
and still you would argue

Messenger: Ten Sent: 7/8/2007 7:14:30 PM

I, many in history have used these very prophecies to say Black people are the Devil's spawn (KKK, Nazi's), they have said Allah is the AntiChrist (past posts will show this if y'search), they have said anything different or oppositional to dominant views is the AntiChrist, Rasta no exception and yet similar to these claims some Ras views say the same of the Vatican. What's crystal clear to the I seems very blurry to me, its abt whose looking at the crystal (prophecy) and with what kind of eyes.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 7/8/2007 7:55:14 PM

Sistren, as the i say, its a matter of who is looking at it, so i wont argue much with you. All i can say to the I, is to look deeper. If you cannot see something clearly, then change your focus, change your angle of view, and stop putting obstacles on your own meditation by worrying so much about what others have said or what others might say. Yes, they will tell you many things, they will say the Antichrist is to come in the future, and every fool in the world wonders "is this him?" everytime some evil person comes around. They will even tell you the Antichrist is some greek king called Antiochus or whatever the hell his name is, long dead and buried. All these things plus all the things you mentioned are nothing but smoke screens, diversions from the real truth, when Daniel and John have put the order of civilizations clear for all to see, from Babylon to MedoPersia to Greece and until the present day, Rome. And if you think Rome is a long gone civi-lie-zation, ask yourself questions like, why the Poope still has the title of Ceasar and questions like why the house of represantatives in the US govt is called the senate.
How can you sight the Prophecies foretelling the coming of INI God and King,HIM Haile Selassie I, but still fail to see the prophecies of the nations that took council with the beast to make war aginst HIM.
Who here thinks that it is just a coincidence that from all the european nations clawing to get a piece if I Africa in the last century, it was the Romans that came to Ithiopia?

Even from the way the I speaks of the abuse of children, it is clear to I that you take this to be just the work of some misguided priests. I tell you this, to even say "the half has never been told " about the roman catholic church would be a gross understatement. I shudder to think what they have done and are still doing in Asia and Africa where lawyers and tv cameras are not so easy to come by

The other day, i was just sitting looking at pictures of the Emperor sitting and talking with all kinds of world leaders, including the poope . Now perhaps when the I sees this you might think " If My own King and Lord recognised the Vatican then for what reason do I burn fire? But as i look, all i can think is, None of them cant say they havent been told

Time will tell, i pray it wont be too late by then

One Perfect Love
Rastafari IScameras are not so easy to come by

The other day, i was just sitting looking at pictures of the Emperor sitting and talking with all kinds of world leaders, including the poope . Now perhaps when the I sees this you might think " If My own King and Lord recognised the Vatican then for what reason do I burn fire? But as i look, all i can think is, None of them cant say they havent been told

Time will tell, i pray it wont be too late by then

One Perfect Love
Rastafari IS

Messenger: EMPRESSCULTURE Sent: 7/9/2007 9:20:23 AM

i dont think its just the catholic church who is the anti-christ , its also politians, govermants , and world leaders and orginisations ,(like the international moneytery fund,and the g8 leaders) who continue to abuse there power by invading countries, starting wars , making the rich richer , the poor poorer ,look how the americans killed there own kennedy brother's because what they believed in civil rights etc it was not what they wanted for there country , which was and still is white supremacy . you shoul check out buju banton dvd life and debt to see how they do works of evil in jamaica and im sure the same goes for other other poor/ developing countries . the anti christ is everywhere,we have to be aware of those negative and evil whisperings of satan its his wish for people to do wickedness. just like jah is everywhere for those who believe in him, and just because you know jah , doesnt mean that satan not there trying to mislead you , confuse you , corrupt you. this goes for the catholic church too . im sure there are many within it who do good , but also you have those who say 1 thing and then go and do another. i hope this makes sense as i am writing from my heart. i live in the uk and recently there was a case of a father who up until that point had been a loving husband and father , who 1 day turned around and killed his 2year old daughter , completly out of character . how can this happen if it is not to do with satan / anti christ . he seeks out the weak and those who do not know god/ jah . blessings to 1 and all 1love 1 aim 1 destiny .INI BELIEVE IN THE VICTORY OF GOOD OVER EVIL SELAH

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 7/12/2007 5:57:18 PM

Here is wisdom. Daniel 2 7 and11 and rev12 13 17 and18 speaks of the same power. Rev15teach that those who got power over the beast his mark his image and his number are with jah. Four world empires the forth divided in ten and jah hit the image on its feet. Dan2 four beast or kingdoms dan7:17,23 24 the fourth beast with teeth of iron is rome dan and history teach that. It had ten horns as the toes of ch2. Them i would know the truth of the fourth beast and of the ten horns that were in his head and of the other which came up after before whom three fell who had eyes and mouth of a man dan2:19 and 8. Rev 13 a beast made of all the beasts of dan 7 and characteristics a mouth which speaks great things blasphemies the bible def of blasphemies is to claim to forgive sins and claim to be god. This power made war with the saints and overcome for times time and half a time or 1260 days eze4:6 said a day for a year . Will continue latter

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 7/14/2007 6:28:49 PM

Characteristics of the antichrist:it's a nation (dan7:23-24) rev17:18. It come from europe cause it comes from the forth beast'rome' which is ancient europe after the decline of rome;cause it came up after the ten horns ;but three had to be uprooted first dan7:8. It attempt unchange law and time dan7:25 the catholic church claim to be above the bible cause they have change the day of worship from saturday the seventh day to sunday the first day. It speaks blasphemy against the most high. The people tried to stone christ for claiming to be god and claiming to forgive sin as the church do.it has a man at it's head dan7:8 as the pope is the head of the catholic church. It made war with the saints and over came them, john paul ask for forgiveness for that. It had dominion for times time and half a time or 1260 days dan7:21 25 rev12:6,14rev13:5ezekiel4:6 said a day for a year. The first pope was crowned in 538-1798 when napoleon put an end to the papacy rev13:3all this is recorded in the history of the church and

1 - 10

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I