Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1985&start_row=1

The spirit of africa

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras power Sent: 6/25/2007 11:18:15 PM

Ten my brother, many Rasta are ignorant of the words his majesty words. I recommend the third testament. His majesty said and i will get the speech and write it;he said the war in the angola was over, etc and it is proof that the spirit of africa is alive.'we have created this spirit; it is our child......' did we forget ethiopia was the only independent nation on the continent of africa? His majesty said a factory for the world plunder. Africa was known as the unknown continent. His majesty said never again

Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/26/2007 3:59:53 AM

Isis
Aya before responding to the post I don't know what leads you to presume my gender. I've not revealed it in my name although I've done so in other posts. But still there's no reason to assume that you are reasoning with someone who is male. There are gender neutral terms you can use to address someone without mistakenly assuming what I must be. Just because there is no Empress Sister or Queen title before I name should I be male? Let's get past masculinist centred views of language and be open to all people reasoning in this forum. Now I've no problem with the 'Spirit of Africa' if you refer to it in the specific context that His Majesty was speaking. The wars of liberation fought in many countries were out of that spirit of resistance His Majesty speaks of. I had asked what the I meant because I wanted you to clarify what you were speaking of, because its a spirit that has infinite meanings and can mean different things in different historical contexts. A wholesale view assumes singularity but this spirit is so diverse and so rich. Give Thanks.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/26/2007 4:15:27 AM

Ras Power, forgive I: what I should have done was correct the I in a more humble tone rather than just open faya on the gender thing. I am more at home in this forum and should not speak to brothers and sisters in that way as though they were strangers. A small correction would have sufficed, forgive I for having blazed up like that.

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 6/26/2007 10:55:00 AM

Blessed,

I think we should be able to argue and done too. Just like that. After all we are talking of serious and tender issues, so people will get riled. Not me of course... I am always a perfect picture of piety. LMAO (that was my sense of humour).

But for real. I can only hope peeps get only as offended as I do, which is not much. Honestly. That's true. I don't get that offended. I usually get offended when after replying to something (at which I may have been only slightly offended) then coming back and having been misunderstood with folks having taken total offence, then I get well offended.

What a sensitive bunch. Am I the only one that finds it slightly amusing though? Does it really upset people...? Cos if it does, I will genuinely endeavour to be less cantankerous, even though I do feel slightly under attack here from liberal extremists.

But to be fair, if I can say this, I had been informed by my near & dears that this is the general rasponse InI get from brothers & sisters in 12 Tribes. I have never dealt with 12 Tribes people (oh, no... one Iemple), just Nyabinghi & Bobo youth generally. But they told me that 12 Tribes don't too love too much rootical ibes still. I still dunno. But I wonder if that is what nuff of this is to do with..?

I'm just asking an open honest question. Cos I've found it confusing with all this Xtian stuff. I'm assuming that folks from 12 Tribes think that all of the rest of InI have it all wrong then? I'm asking genuinely. In fact, can someone explain twelves tribes to me? I promise to just read whatever's written. I just wanna know. I won't argue it. I know about Gad. Is it possible for someone to elaborate?

Many thanks.

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I