Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1983&start_row=1

Back to throne

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 6/25/2007 5:41:40 PM

in an interview this lady asked Haile Sellasie about when he is no longer one earth (you can find the interview on this home page and click in rastafari word), he says his son will be on his throne.
So my question is to all rastafari, do you think his son who is alive right now will return to The Royal David throne, and keep the dynasty going on. Ethiopians are not satisfied with anything since haile Selassie was removed, going back to how Ethiopia was with Kings does not look far from reality....

Fallaci: When you die, Your Majesty?

Selassie: Ethiopia has existed for 3,000 years. In fact, it exists ever since the first man appeared on Earth. My dynasty has ruled since the Queen of Sheba met King Solomon and a Son was born of their union. It is a Dynasty that has gone thru the centuries and will go on for centuries more. A King is not indispensable, and, besides, my succesion is already ensured. There is a Crown Prince and he will rule the country when We are no longer there. This is what We have decided and so it must be.

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 6/25/2007 7:25:07 PM

This is once again proof his majesty is the most high, this is prophecy. Isaiah 9v6-7;11v1-5;daniel2v44-45;matt19v28. His majesty son is king in ethiopia but not emperor and none will be. His majesty is the fulfillment, and it is writen in the constitution read his autobiography on his coronation full of knowledge

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/25/2007 8:15:17 PM

Any man might rule the country, but no man shall rule over i again.
I man a King, Everyman a King, Every woman a queen.

Emperor Selasssie I Empress Menen
King of Kings, Queen of Queens

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 6/26/2007 5:24:29 AM

Ises My Lord

When you check it carefully, you see that HIM did not say anything about the Throne.

For a long time now we watch and observe how the things are running, and we all see that no one is worthy to sit upon King David Throne anymore.

Haile Selassie I responded to that question according to the 1955 Constitution. There it says the purpose of a Crown Prince is to take the rule while the King is absent (for example during all HIM state visits). Now the King is absent in physical apperance. Now the Crown Prince should take the rule.
But like already when HIM was still here in flesh, while he was in Brasil in 1960 rumours spread that the Crown Prince did not only want to take the rule, but also sit upon HIM throne. That can never work, not back then, and not now.

As long as the Crown Princes do not humble themselves and see that they never again can sit upon the King's throne, but only rule for the absent king as Princes, they will not come to power in Ithiopia anymore.
But maybe they are on a good way right now. Asfa Wossen did Crown Himself Emperor in Exile Amha Selassie, disrespecting the throne of his father, and also the last will of his father who said that not he but his (Asfa Wossen's) son Zera Yakob shall be his successor (as Crown Prince).
Since the death of Asfa Wossen Zera Yakob did not crown himself in exile like his father did. Maybe that is already a good step forward.

But like I said, until they humble themselves and don't try to take the King's throne they will not be succesfull. And instead they stage a faked funeral only to tell that the King is dead. What a folly. To claim the throne means to say that the King is dead. That can never work. HIM is sitting pon that throne now and forever, no place for no crownprince on that throne!

Selah

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I