Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1981&start_row=1

Confrontation Translation

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 6/25/2007 3:14:09 PM

Damian Marley song "Confrontation'' has an intro from Haile Selassie speech, here is the translation

''The security of the world
those who disturb (terrorize) the peace at this time
we are going to describe them now''

Bless

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 6/25/2007 4:58:31 PM

Ises

Yes Iyah. The man spoke and overstood so many languages, and still he always prefered to talk in his own AFRIKAN language to the world. Never bow!

Selah

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 6/25/2007 5:23:55 PM

besides Ethiopian language and French, what languages did haile selassie speak and overstand

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 6/29/2007 10:58:14 AM

Haile I

Of course he spoke differen Ethiopian languages. But also english of course. He was also known to be able to respond to questions in different languages like german.

Selah

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 6/29/2007 11:48:54 AM

Translation: He doesn't know!!

;)

Messenger: Sis Irijah Sent: 6/29/2007 12:46:50 PM

In the matter of language, it is generally known that, having received a French education, he had a perfect command of French and always preferred it for audiences and conversations with foreigners.

It is not so well known that he was also fluent in English, Italian and Arabic. The few instances when he undoubtedly spoke a short sentence in flawless German, responding exactly to an unforeseen situation, are not enough for it to be certain how much study he had given to that language, but he was certainly able to read it.

His mother tongue being Amharic, he also mastered the ancient ecclesiastical and literary language of Ethiopia, the Ge’ez. It has never been said which of the country’s numerous languages he could speak, but probably he knew Harari, Gilligan, Gurage and Tigrigna.

His solid knowledge of Latin, which enabled him to persue his secret medieval studies, has also escaped his biographers’ attention. There is a German saying: ‘As many language as you can speak, in that number of worlds are you at home.’

To those who at some time interviewed Haile Selassie, and all those who have so confidently and loftily describe, analyzed and judged him, such niceties meant nothing: those people were only at home in one world, and because Haile Selassie was a master at saying exactly what they wanted to hear, or what fitted into a given situation, their one world could remain intact.

There were times when he would listen in a most attentive and friendly way to a foreigner reporting to him on a subject which he himself knew more than the reporter, but he would let that person leave his presence with the impression that his presentation had been a success.

The same applied to his proceedings to his private cabinet and the Crown Council, where he would listen quietly to lengthy reports and arguments without ever entering into discussion himself, and concluded the matter with a decision which was completely unexpected and stunned everyone present, and which he did not explain.

http://www.reggaetimes.com/articles/publish/article_273.shtml

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 6/29/2007 12:51:24 PM

Ises

I like to see the Empress smiling. It is always a blessed Ightes to see a woman smile. But it would be much more beautiful, if you wouldn't smile becasue of sarcasm. Yes I know how much you like sarcasm, I gues people like it becasue they try to hide something.

So Empress, maybe you could tell us something about that.
Surely you know that there are no written Speeches than in Amharic, French and English. All others are translations. I guess you know that, as you seem to be educated. All other mentioning of languages was during personal talks of HIM.
So maybe Empress you tell us which languages you speak, as you seem to be educated, and then tell us which of these languages you have already heard His Majesty speaking.
Maybe this brings us further than your previous comment, don't you think so beloved?

Selah

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 6/30/2007 1:18:14 PM

Ises I

Give Thanks Sis! I believe a very similar explanation can be found in the biography The Mission.

Selah

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I