Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1934&start_row=1

BALDHEAD RASTA

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras ogeto Sent: 6/12/2007 6:44:16 AM

JUST CURIOUS,CAN WE HAVE DEM BALDHEAD RASTA LIKE THE WAY THA MORGAN FAMILY TRIED PUTING IT THAT U DONT HAFFI DREAD TO BE RASTA.MANY THINK THA RASTAFARISM SHOULD BE A THING OF THA HEART IS IT SURELY POSSIBILE??????

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 6/12/2007 9:39:45 AM

Ises

Let them who talk about RastaIsm talk about such things. I n I step higher Fari.

Selah

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 6/12/2007 9:41:57 AM

What the Morgan family were attempting to deconstruct was the superficial idea that wearing locs means we are Rasta.

"Divine conception of the heart" is underlining the fact that livity has to manifest from the heart and the irits thus representing I-self in the flesh. The Irits are to be represented in the flesh. Not that the aspiration of the flesh will have an effect on the irits. That's backwards, it's superficial and not in keeping with the iritical value of the trod. RasTafari is an ivine heartical conception.

That's the point.

RasTafari is revolutionary irits held up by each individual. InI are the real revolutionary in how we live our lives upfully in line with the livication of InI covenant.

It doesn't mean that the divine conception of the heart stops there. If InI don't have the strength to let the details of I absolute truth manifest in our outward appearance and our physical lives, then the conception means nothing... and ultimately if we ignore the Irits of our heart, it means judgement from within.

Bald head people, or people with locs who eat meat and continue in folly and living in the X world, but say... I have RasTafari in my heart... that is a nonsense.

It is judgement to know of RasTafari and not declare it. That gives your glory to the society of the X world that tells you to disguise your spirit in favour of your flesh (vanity), allowing your lower mentality to rule your being, rather than your higher/spiritual mentality. RasTafari promotes InI to live as spirits in flesh vessels.

My locs is a symbol of my covenant with JAH Iritical nature, manifested from heartical intention as a result of the divine conception of I heart. Also, I identify myself to the whole world as being child of Ras TafarI!

Plus, allowing your locs to grow untampered in nature has been an ancient aesthetic phenomenon amongst many spiritual peoples in the world. And moreover there are many larger than life statues and representations of African Kings with locs inside KMT.

In short... wearing locs does not make InI Fari. But InI are not Fari if we comb and razor our African locs, and put all kinds of burn chemicals in InI Ether-9 carbon black supreme hair type. Natty haffi groooooow!! Lion mane!

Selassie I First & ForIver!

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 6/12/2007 1:49:56 PM

Blessed
I give thanks for these reasonings, but It also of course raises more questions to be asked.
There are Rasta bredrin who comb and razor their locks who also trod in spiritual livity. Every picture of His Majesty shows HIM hair and beard trimmed and combed. Couldn't one sight that keeping his locks and beard like His Majesty kept his would be an outward expression of love towards HIM?

Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/12/2007 2:40:09 PM

Greetings I n I
I feel the message by Morgan Heritage, your dread really is in your heart. Growing locks is part of I n I Nazarite vow, but at the same time Rastas recognise the Emperor did comb his hair and shave his beard. I can only explain it as a convention of the time, but HE still is the Almighty. And if the Almighty did not, for whatever reason, not have locks then I feel for Rasta brothers and sisters its ok not to have locks. I think locks are a spiritual thing, if one is not ready to dread, its not a sign of non-Rasta but its something they have to think about deeply or there are other practical reasons preventing them such as family pressure or work requirements. As long as they practice the principles of livity and good heartedness then Baldhead or Dreadfull - Rasta is in the goodness of your spirit. Bless

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I