Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1921&start_row=1

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: I Youth Sent: 6/5/2007 5:33:15 AM

Greetings in the name of the Most High Jah Sellassie I,

What are the lost books of the Ible?They were texts and letters suppressed by early "Church Fathers". There was an important historical event, back in the 4th century. It is called the Council of Laodicea. It changed history two significant ways. At this council they determined what would and would not be considered canon. They decided what would and would not be included in the Bible or read at church.

It gets interesting when you consider the second implication of what was published. They published, in total, 60 cannons at this council, thus codifying church doctrine. During the 2nd and 3rd centuries, Christians were in the habit of keeping both Saturday and Sunday. In fact Ethiopian Christians still do today. During that time, Christians rested on the Sabbath (in the Lord) and had communion or fellowship on Sundays. The Church fathers at the Council of Laodicea were not opposed to Sunday services but were opposed to Christians Judaizing the Sabbath), Judaizing is what they labled Christians resting on the Sabbath day. At the Coucil of Laodicea, they published as doctrine that the practice of staying at home and resting on the Sabbath was sinful and anathema to Christ.

Satan managed to deceive well intentioned men to ignore the most important day of all. The day of having God dwell in the hearts of men! The true meaning of the Sabbath! If you read The Epistle of Barnabus, Chapter 13, you will see why in light of the 29th Canon they had to ban the text from the New Testament. There are sources today that quote the Epistle of Barnabus to justify going to Church on Sunday, but they completely miss the fact the text explains why one shouldn't trust going to a building made of hands as part of Sabbath worship. That is not how to obey God and keep the Sabbath. (Lev 23:3, Sabbath is to be kept in one's dwelling) The Church Fathers couldn't ban Sabbath keeping and then allow a text to become canon that admonishes Christians on the proper way to keep the Sabbath!"

CANON XXIX.

CHRISTIANS must not judaize by resting on the Sabbath, but must work on that day, rather honouring the Lord's Day; and, if they can, resting then as Christians. But if any shall be found to be judaizers, let them be anathema from Christ.

CANON LX.

THESE are all the books of Old Testament appointed to be read: 1, Genesis of the world; 2, The Exodus from Egypt; 3, Leviticus; 4, Numbers; 5, Deuteronomy; 6, Joshua, the son of Nun; 7, Judges, Ruth; 8, Esther; 9, Of the Kings, First and Second; 10, Of the Kings, Third and Fourth; 11, Chronicles, First and Second; 12, Esdras, First and Second; 13, The Book of Psalms; 14, The Proverbs of Solomon; 15, Ecclesiastes; 16, The Song of Songs;17, Job; 18, The Twelve Prophets; 19, Isaiah; 20, Jeremiah, and Baruch, the Lamentations, and the Epistle; 21, Ezekiel; 22, Daniel.

And these are the books of the New Testament: Four Gospels, according to Matthew, Mark, Luke and John; The Acts of the Apostles; Seven Catholic Epistles, to wit, one of James, two of Peter, three of John, one of Jude; Fourteen Epistles of Paul, one to the Romans, two to the Corinthians, one to the Galatians, one to the Ephesians, one to the Philippians, one to the Colossians, two to the Thessalonians, one to the Hebrews, two to Timothy, one to Titus, and one to Philemon.

Books banned by the Council of Laodicea
Barnabas
I Clement
II Clement
Christ and Abgarus
The Apostles' Creed
I Hermas-Visions
II Hermas-Commands
III Hermas-Similitudes
Ephesians
I Infancy
II Infancy
Mary
Magnesians
Nicodemus
Paul and Seneca
Paul and Thecla
Philippians
Philadelphians
Polycarp
Romans
Trallians
Letters of Herod and Pilate
The First Book of Adam and Eve
The Second Book of Adam and Eve
The Secrets of Enoch
The Psalms of Solomon
The Odes of Solomon
The Fourth Book of Maccabees
The Story of Ahikar
The Testament of Reuben
Asher
Joseph
Simeon
Levi
Judah
Issachar
Zebulum
Dan
Naphtali
Gad
Benjamin

Knowledge is a must and the moves of the enemy, even in the past, must be brought to light

Bless Up
Sellassie I

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 6/5/2007 11:34:36 AM

Ises my Lord

I thought it was the Synode of Rome in the late 4th century which finally fixed the canon.

However, when talking about the NT we should consider that Ithiopia too does not have any NT apocryphes in their canon. I have read and studied the NT apocryphes, and from a scientifical point of view I have to say that all, maybe with the exception of the Thomas Evengelium, do in no way represent historical authenticity!
When looking at the cryteria of what's canonical and what not, you will see that this is a very logical process. The early church heads agreed on certain points which must be fulfilled by canonical books, and all in all they stand for historical authenticity. That is why the 72 canonical scriptures are the oldest ones that are still preserved. All the other NT apocryphes, except maybe the Thomas Evangelium, are from the 2-3 century, and thus can in no way claim historical authenticity.

Don't make the mistake and think everything rome does is bad, let's do the oposite. Specially not in those early days, Rome had not yet those big powers because there were other authorities like Alexandria and Antioch too. The canon was a consens, not dictated by rome.

Of course the OT apocryphes are a whole different topic.

Selah

Messenger: I Youth Sent: 6/5/2007 7:08:20 PM

Greetings Bro Dominic in the name of the Most High RastfarI,

InI give much thanks to the I for the reasoning and have done more research and see that the I speak much truth and have helped InI reason with Iself about such knowledge a little more clearer seen?

Knowledge is a must
Bless Up
Selassie I

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I