Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1916&start_row=1

Noah's ark

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras power Sent: 6/4/2007 7:44:08 AM

I am sorry i can't reply but only post new topics. According to deut10v4-5 and heb9v4, the commandments are in the ask of the covenant and we know that the ark is in ethiopia. Now Noah's ark it is said that during world war2 some image was sighted on mount arrat in turkey i say on history channel . I have about 60 video cassettes each has 6hours of recording of history channel, a&e, pbs, and 3abn a seven days channel which is very educational on church history prophecy , etc

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/4/2007 8:31:50 AM

Why can't you reply?

I am not aware of any problems with the forum for replying, what happens when you try to reply?

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/5/2007 4:54:36 PM

I have been reading stuff on the internet and it seems that although they say the Ark's final resting place is in Egypt, there's no physical evidence found. How literally are we to take the story of the Ark. If the world was subemerged under water, how did it spring back in such a short space of time, how are we to over all the varieties of flora n fauna and different races of people in the world? Did Noah take polar bears, american buffalos, elephants n camels yet these animals live in very different climate zones. Did he take flies, fleas and mosquitoes too as small as they are? How do we translate this story so I n I over what happened?

Messenger: Dominic Sent: 6/16/2007 7:15:38 PM

Im confused too. I think what happend is that he went in the Ark and took EVERYTHING with him. All the animals and his sons who started the human race. Im not sure about that though.sorry

bless up

Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/16/2007 8:27:17 PM

everything in the literal sense? every animal, every plant, every specie: the flies, the mosquitos, fleas, elephants, camels, giraffes, polar bears, penguins???? An ark 40 cubits big would not have fit everything and it says he took two of each, but even though...And what did they eat in this time, how did carnivorous animals live for 40days? How can a polar bear live side by side a camel - what conditions make it possible? And why has the Ark not been found? I don't understand maybe other Ites can give their views...but please don't let this turn into another 'cyber battle of reasoning' as other posts have, but let this be for sharing info.

Messenger: still looking Sent: 6/16/2007 8:35:18 PM

honestly ten ---- if the event didn't happen what is to reason about-----------

unless you want to speak of the possible lesson(s) that this fable may teach us.

because to talk about how it "really" occured would make as about as much sense as trying to discuss how the Tortoise and the Hare "really" had their race.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 6/16/2007 8:45:23 PM

How do you know it never happened? Natural scientists believe the Ark was there but the physical vessel has not been found...It took one hundred years to find The Titanic...And if I believe it, let it be so, I want to know more.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/16/2007 10:29:45 PM

Blessed I sistren

well, as long as we are talking of what we believe and not what we know,
it is my view that there was indeed a flood which did cover most parts of the earth, but i think the Ark story is just another retelling of a popular story that was recorded in almost every corner of the earth by the Ancients.
And if it is true that Noah carried two of every kind, perhaps it was, as i have heard it been suggested before by some scholars, that Noah only took two of every group of animals and plants,,,for ex,, if you say he took cats, it would include every animal that comes within the cat family, lion, tiger etc...which would evolve into their respective species again after the flood.
Still, there are too many gaps in the story. I dont know if mankind will ever get a chance to prove or disprove this story, unless ofcourse some physical evidence is found.
But until then, if the only purpose this Ark story is to demonstrate the Might and Power of JAH, then i dont really need to hold on to it too tightly....InI know HIM works already

Rastafari Is

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I