Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1885&start_row=1

Happy Africa Day

Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ten Sent: 5/25/2007 6:43:54 PM

Blessings to all upon this special day that HIS Majesty formed the OAU, because of HIM, Kwame Nkrumah's pan-African vision came into being and now its up to us, Africans scattered all over the world to act upon the words below:

We stand today on the stage of world affairs, before the audience of world opinion. We have come together to assert our role in the direction of world affairs and to discharge our duty to the great continent whose two hundred and fifty million people we lead. Africa is today at mid-course, in transition from the Africa of Yesterday to the Africa of Tomorrow. Even as we stand here, we move from the past into the future. The task on which we have embarked, the making of Africa, will not wait. We must act, to shape and mould the future and leave our imprint on events as they slip past into history.

I DREAM OF MELANIN-TONED RAINDROPS FALLING FROM FREEDOM'S SKIES
AND I SMILE IN MY SLEEP,
FROM THE STEEPLES OF AXUM IS WHERE I AM BORN OF AN ANCENT ORDER
TO RE-ORDER THIS LIFE,
TO BREATHE LIFE INTO A GREAT CONTINENT'S DYING DREAMS AS A NEW STREAM OF HOPE FLOWING FROM THE NILE TO THE LIMPOPO,
I WILL RISE, I WILL RISE, I WILL RISE!

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I