Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=186&start_row=1

RasTafarI is very discreet

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/27/2004 2:27:45 PM

Greetings,

Many people ask why didn't Selassie I ever tell the people that he was Jah.

Selassie I is a very discreet man. He didn't just tell anyone everything they wanted to know. He came to show I and I the way to live. He wanted to influence the world community, so that they would change their ways and deal with truth and rights. If He showed them that He was God, then they wouldn't take Him seriously, and they would disregard Him. Selassie I didn't come to miraculously fix all man's problems, He came to teach man how to fix their problems, so that they would fix them theirself, and Itinue His ways after He let them trod on their own. So He needed people to listen to His words, without giving them a reason to reject Him, like they rejected Him in the days of Christ.

Here is an example that shows how discreet Selassie I is. Some men were conspiring to take over the government after Emperor Menelik became sick and Empress Taitu was running things. These men approached RasTafarI to ask Him to join them. RasTafarI refused, He wouldn't join in their wickedness no matter what they said.

The men started to complain to others about how RasTafarI refused to join them. This word eventually got back to Empress Taitu. So she found out about their plans and how RasTafarI refused to be a part of it.

When Empress Taitu heard about my refusal to enter into the conspiracy, she told the Emperor and both were very pleased.

Autobiography of Haile Selassie I

She approached RasTafarI to tell Him that she heard that the men approached Him about their wickedness and that RasTafarI refused to join them. RasTafarI denied it and told her that nobody approached Him about the matter. She tried to press Him to get him to admit that the men approached Him. But no matter how she pressed Him, RasTafarI was firm and told her that it was not so, He said that He was never approached. She eventually accepted his answer and she told Him that she knew that He is very discreet.

Therefore she declared that she was very pleased about my not letting out the secret and told I: "I know the truth. Your refusal to let out the secret is because you are a very discreet man."

Autobiography of Haile Selassie I

So Selassie I will stand firm and never reveal things that He doesn't want to reveal. Those that know, already know, and will do his works.

Here is the part in the autobiography

Since the Emperor Menelik was gravely ill, he no longer had the strength to undertake any major work—except to appear before the army by coming out into the palace square; consequently, all the people, great and small alike, felt very grieved. As to all the work of government, it was Empress Taitu who took it on as plenipotentiary. For this reason, as peace became disturbed, many people appeared in the Palace precinct endeavouring to stir up agitation. As all this was going on and while Empress Taitu, acting as plenipotentiary, was carrying out all the work of government, envious men began a conspiracy against her to deprive her of her powers and to evict her from the Palace. When they asked me to join them in the conspiracy, I told them that I did not wish to enter into their plot; and consequently all the conspirators began to look upon me with enmity. When Empress Taitu heard about my refusal to enter into the conspiracy, she told the Emperor and both were very pleased.

Although the Emperor was gravely ill, at that time his mind was still balanced. Nevertheless, he did not find an appropriate occasion to warn and to reproach the conspirators. As to my refusal to join the conspiracy, I did not tell either the Empress or anyone else about it, but those conspirators let out the secret saying 'Dejazmatch Tafari refused when we said to him "join the conspiracy" '. When the Empress repeatedly asked me in order to find out about this matter with certainty, I was firm in my statement that there was no-one who had asked me to join the conspiracy. Therefore she declared that she was very pleased about my not letting out the secret and told me: 'I know the truth. Your refusal to let out the secret is because you are a very discreet man.'

Chapter 3 - From the death of H.H. my father till my appointment to the governorship of Harar (1906-1910)

Jah Blessings,

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Qe~ne Sent: 1/28/2004 1:04:58 PM

Obviously, he was discreet but he let out little clues like referring to himself as "WE" and the seven names - H.I.M., Haile Selassie I, King of Kings, Lord of lords, Conquering lion of the tribe of Judah, Elect of God, Light of the world.

in the united states in 1954 he was given the title "Great Buffalo High Chief" by an native indian artist

Messenger: Ras John Sent: 1/28/2004 4:50:07 PM

Because the Man and the I-ternal Spirit of HIM discreet, that's why only the Rastaman know of HIM, only the people who are capable of accepting HIM are Rasta... Selassie is the salvation of the '600,000' claimed in Revelation, dem Babylon dont want fi accept HIM, so HIM don't reveal HIMself to them... seen?

So Selassie is for us, and HIM careful as to who He chooses to be one with HIM...

One love

Ras John

Messenger: peter mloyi Sent: 1/29/2004 9:48:16 AM

I'n'I king and jah never say him are JAH or him NUH-JAH. Why?
Him only reveal to the babys and sucklings what He was.
Rastafari.

Messenger: Brother Jahphet I Sent: 2/1/2004 9:52:09 AM

Greetings I

Yes man.... that is why I always like to come to your forum, Ark I... Man you talk truth and wisdom smoother than oil!
Give thanks!
Yes I use to get angry when people come to me, turning Selassie I words and try to show me, himself denied to be god.
Even people calling themselve Rasta try to make me believe he was not God.
They come with some words of him... do not even know where the words come from, do not know in which situation Selassie I said so, do not even know if this words were really said by him... but they look good to them, and they try to use them to deny Selassie I.

Selassie I is Allmighty God. All you said is so true and wise, Bro Ark I! All I can is agree with your words!
Big Up man... keep on teaching the world!

Bro Jahphet Gad I

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 2/19/2005 1:12:05 PM

Yes I.. I had to comment on that. My old roommate was one of those that say His Majesty is not Jah.........rediculous.

It's like saying 1 is not 1 .... a pen is not a pen....

Logic makes this seem silly, just plain silly.

So sad, thier eyes just won't open... Wolves.. if they know it or not.....

Messenger: NegusNegas Sent: 2/19/2005 1:24:04 PM

brother ark i is quoted as saying,

"Selassie I didn't come to miraculously fix all man's problems, He came to teach man how to fix their problems, so that they would fix them theirself, and Itinue His ways after He let them trod on their own. So He needed people to listen to His words, without giving them a reason to reject Him, like they rejected Him in the days of Jesus Christ."

in the days of jesus the christ, the people didn't reject JAH, they rejected JESUS....it was like they were shooting the messenger not the one who sent the message. when jah sends a message he has no fear of being rejected

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 2/19/2005 8:46:02 PM

Jah does not need to prove to us by performing miracles. He wants us to know him without enslaving us by using miracles. He does not want to influence InI free will by convincing us through miracles. InI know this is the truth because in JAH ways we should walk and talk.

Much Love,

Bergy

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/20/2005 11:54:14 PM

Negusnegas, if you can't see One, you will never see Jah.

I didn't need any proof to know that RasTafarI is Jah almighty. When I first saw and heard of HIM, I knew right away. The sheep recognize the call of their shepard.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 5/15/2013 7:40:40 AM

Yes Iyah.I'm a good shepherd,I know my sheep and my sheep know I.Rastafari knows Rastafari,no need to prove dat.I see king Immanuel rebuking the pharisees for dat same issue.Selassie I is the Almighty

1 - 1011 - 15

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I