Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1851&start_row=121

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 137
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ten Sent: 8/22/2007 5:22:12 AM

Greetings Dominic
Yes Aya, I wrote those words that bothered the I so much, not because I say you should not quest or as a hostile reaction to you. I think hostile is assumptive of I stance and too harsh a word and an over-statment of I ras-ponse. You had asked "if the emeperor was a proven mason,does he fit into the picture of bush and reagan?" How does that read to you? Confusing rite because I'm wondering what in JAH name, mason/knight or not, does Sellasie I have to do with the Western Freemason Order and why would someone ask something like that when those secret orders & leaders are polar opposites of His Majesty.
I feel you kind of left yourself open to anything and my reading was one of surprise and against that mode of thought which tries to put them into one category. Its the way you ask and not what you ask that stirs up the kind of responses you get. Ras KebreAB has already sighted the numerous times you yourself have asked things, said cautionable things or belittled reasoninings so why take offence now when others also quest you to explain what you mean. I did not swear at you, neither was there a belittling of your knowledge, I was saying come again Aya, run that by me again cos I don't believe what I'm reading. Of course I wasn't having it if you were trying to lump them into one Masonic order. Who would? We've reasoned plenty of times on many things Aya, some we don't always agree and some we share the same views, but that's not to say I don't want to know what you have to say. My intention was not to antagonise or silence the I but reason and sometimes some things come as fire but you've gotta take it if you're willing to burn it. I feel your statement did put you in the line of fire, but to take my ras-ponse and use that as a basis of some personal tirade on people in this forum is unjustified. If you have a problem speak of things as and when they happen and to the people concerned. Its just as when I've expressed issues I have with some of the words you use or the things you say. I never said anything about your level of intelligence or insinuated anything abt it, if that's what I've made you feel like then point it out and we can reason more on that. Maybe some of the things you say make people feel like you need a little help and things to make you stronger in spirit like the advice Bro Anbesa gave to you when you posted "I am so.....right now" or things I've said to you to quest for overstanding within yourself. Its not been a question of intelligence or education, but guidance I. Blessed Love

Messenger: Dominic Sent: 8/22/2007 11:56:21 AM

Respect ten, its all good.

RasK, no disrespect intended but im not gonna have a argument with you like still lookin so maybe it a good idea if you leave me alone?

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 8/22/2007 11:57:27 AM

Teehee...

I'm starting to like this forum again. No doubt it won't be long til I get p'd off again. Cos I think there is a clear and defining line between those that know and those that believe. lol. And for those of us that know and find ourselves on here for whatever reason, it is a REAL test, however cybernetic the context, it is a real test. It is sooo difficult (speaking for myself) to try and remain objective when you have access to some of these discussions. One may try to exercise the adage in the mind that warns against "casting pearls unto swine" (only get offended if you know you're a swine ROFL), but when you read or hear certains wordsounds it's like you have to gwarn defend it!

But in this case... "is Emperor Haile Selassie I a freemason like Bush and Reagan?" Well, well, well.

I actually have nothing to say. I agree with RasK (that's the 4th time or so now, we're due a fight soon) that the "cats" thing is hilarious. Actually, can you tell me where you're from so I can imagine the accent?

I think people's shock at your question was because there is a RasTa Icept that InI knowledgeis not learnt per se, but recalled. I think I was shocked because if the I iditated Selassie I, HIM message, HIM wordsounds, HIM impeccable character and mannerisms (all these things are a must for a young Fari to penetrate) then you wouldn't bother with this ludicrous question.

Freemasons do not have 36 degrees, only 33. They are missing the TRINITY. Sight?! LOL.

Messenger: Dominic Sent: 8/22/2007 11:57:28 AM

what is a correct way to ask? Or is there a correct way to read?

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/22/2007 12:02:11 PM

I cant believe what i see sometimes. Brethren, after all i said to you all you can see is an argument??

Alright, more Love brethren, you dont have to tell I twice

Rastafari Love

Sistren, stop giving i jokes :-) i man trying to be serious here

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 8/22/2007 12:05:18 PM

"what is a correct way to ask? Or is there a correct way to read?"

That is a REALLY good question though. I'm always getting into trouble for similar issue. Is there a correct way to ask, or read? Like, really?

What is the forum etiquette?

Messenger: Dominic Sent: 8/22/2007 12:40:15 PM

but I mean is there a such thing as a ludicrous question? I feal as if every question is a quest for the truth. EVEN if you ask whats 5+5 and many cats say "thats obviously 10!" it still comes down to someone not knowing something and another ASSUMING that someone should know this and that. people are born without much knowledge so any question asked out of pure lack of understanding or curiosity aint by any means wrong or ludicrous.

I have said I dont know Selassie I like some of you! I just got the internet. I dont want no trouble, do you think I would be here if I wanted to fight people?

I hate confrontations sooooo much that even though I like RASK I just wont speak to him to avoid conflict. Is this the best way to approach the problem? who knows, I just dont want to be here arguing.

Nuff respect RASK, you dig what im saying?If we cant reason together, then we dont reason at all, I just dont want us to get mad at eachother like you and still lookin. when I said yall are trippin it was because you and him were at eachothers necks!

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/22/2007 6:59:05 PM

one clarification dominic,

i was never mad and still am not mad.

now --communication is a tricky business when we speak face to face with people ----doing it in this format is even trickier. you can't use those face to face hints like body language, eye contact, tone of voice and distance ------so with that said -----one needs to really pay close attention to what we are writing and who we are writing to. i gave a lot of personal info about myself and i try to get as much personal info from people on the board as i can, because it helps to understand our backgrounds and experiences and possibly our perceptions on issues ---- but with all that said it is still difficult.

all that you can do from your end (because once we write something and post it we can't control how someone receives it) is to expect to be misunderstood and plan on how you can calmly try to be understood. if you have any marley documentaries --look how calmly he responds when being asked some very offensive questions --to i he is very impressive. now some might think ahh screw that, he should have blasted them ---well, would selassi i have blasted them? no --- i think that is what many of us aspire to ----perfection of divinity is our duty.

so instead of seeing this board being a source of frustration sometimes --you should see it as a place to practice responses that will not close the ears of those listening. think of that situation you had at work ---- did you respond in a way that shed a positive or negative light on rastafari. you may be the only rasta that these people meet in person ---you can have a big impact one way or another on how they view rasta with the way you communicate with them.

peace

Messenger: Dominic Sent: 8/22/2007 8:17:00 PM

with that shituation at work I think I handled myself fine.

That girls bf was drunk and was talkin mess about all kinds of things he didnt know ne thing about.

When I asked him if he knew any Rasta or where he got his info he said " I dont know any Rastafarians, but I have a book about Rastafarianism that states Rastafarians hate women." with that I told him " thats not the truth" and I simply walked away.

Like Solomon says a person hating knowledge is truely a fool. This applies because even if I sat to smoke and reason with this cat, hes still is drunk and has this "Book about rastafarianism"

With that said walking away and realizing reasoning with a rock is wiser than talkin to an arrogant drunken punk rocker.

Anyway as far as this forum, there are NUMEROUS Idren and Sistern that have shed much ligh onto InI.

There have been those handful of ppl though that wanna fuss alot and I dont want part in that is all im sayin.

U overstand what I mean?

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/22/2007 8:56:38 PM

sorry -- don't remember reading that the guy was drunk.

but the impression i got from reading that posting on the situation was that ---- you seemed to be offended by more than just the rocker kid ---- now maybe you only let this board know of your frustration, but i got the impression that the people you were peaking with knew of your frustration .....

any how that is the difficulty as i was saying of this type of form for communication and my post really tried to address that more than your work situation.

yeah i understand your desire (and many of us as well) to not fuss a lot, but that is just the reality of relationships --- it is going to happen ---the key is: can we agree to disagree, agreeably.

peace

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 137

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I