Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1847&start_row=11

Meaning of Adultery

1 - 1011 - 13
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 5/6/2007 7:15:06 PM

Yes I...

His Majesty is a human being. Through His Divine Presence we are able to use His Majesty's example of humanity, apply it to ourselves, and come to the realization that God is right here right now inside of, and everywhere around, I and I. That being said, His Majesty is no sinner!!!

Firstly, we have 505Rasta telling us that Woizaro Altayech died, which would be a quick way of explaining why His Majesty would marry again, however, 505 Rasta has not yet come forth and given his/her source of that information, and we can't take it for fact.

Whether she died or not, their marriage was not one of the Orthodox tradition, so we can deduce that non churchical weddings weren't taken so serious as to imply such permanence. From what I've learned, it was fairly commonplace, especially amongst Ethiopian nobility to take a wife or husband through a civil bond, and leave if the situation was no longer of mutual benefit. His Majesty's wedding with Woizaro Menen was a church wedding and I'm confident in their monogamy during Woizaro Menen's life.

So....Let's please not put any assumptions about HIM Haile Selassie I on the table until we've seen the entire picture.

SELAM

Messenger: Youthman Sent: 5/7/2007 7:01:22 AM

Yea, I don't mean to say that this is how it is, just mentioning possibilities.

Personally, I don't see an institutional church's approval or participating in a marriage as validating or establishing a marriage. I see it as becoming one flesh through sexual intercourse.

Yahshua says that a man commits adultery if he marries a woman who is divorced if the divorce ended not in a lawful way. Menen had marriages before so in this question it's not only about Selassie's previous marriage. Now as I said, I don't mean to judge their actions and I don't know much about the circumstances, just mentioning it for consideration.

Mark
[12] And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.

Luke 16
[18]...and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.

Messenger: Youthman Sent: 5/8/2007 7:14:00 AM

Perhaps a marriage is more than physical bonds and also includes vows, I don't know.

After some meditating I feel I shouldn't even speak of these things. I'm not learned in it. I'm also not here to expose people's possible sins or examine Menen and Selassie's personal life. That's between them and the Creator.

I feel ashamed and I regret I said anything and have asked Jah in privacy for forgiveness and help to repent but mentioning it here.
I apologize to Selassie I and Menen also.

1 - 1011 - 13

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I