Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1829&start_row=1

after iyesus?

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 4/18/2007 4:09:53 PM

blessed

i was reading Matheus 11 where John the baptist sent his disciples to ask iyesus kristos ''are you the coming one or do we look for another''.. he replies to them, ''if you are willing to recieve it, he is Elijah who is to come'', he who has ears to hear, let him hear! kristos is clearly saying one is coming after him.is he talking of muhammed? if the I dont want to give me the answer so freely tell me where to look to find out.

amen

Messenger: Diego B. Sent: 4/18/2007 5:02:52 PM

Greetings Young Lion!
Yes, I'd like to answer you.
Wasn't HIM, Yasus Krestos talking about John the Baptist, saying that the Jews didn't understood that that same John the Baptist, was the Elijah, that had to come?

I don't see the problem until now.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/18/2007 9:21:25 PM

Blessed I brethren

Young Lion, i think the i has misunderstood this. Perhaps this is caused by the bible version you are using. In my version it doesnt say "...he is Elijah who is to come"....it says..."this is Elijah ,which was for to come" i think its a little more clearer
Christ is not saying one will come after him...He is saying that John the Baptist is Elijah, the prophet that was prophesied would come to prepare the way of Jah Lord. You will find this prophecy when
The prophet Malachi wrote in Malachi ch.4.v.5..."Behold, i will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord"
This was prophecy was fulfilled with John the Baptist, Marcus Mosiah Garvey in that time

If you continue to ch 17 v 10 of Matthew, you will find the disciples asking almost the same question as you

" Why then say the scribes that Elijah must first come?"
and Christ answers
"That Elijah is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed.Likewise shall the Son of man suffer of them"

Selassie I
Rastafari Is

Messenger: Selahssie i son Sent: 4/18/2007 9:46:50 PM

Jes#us Christ Haile Selahssie is,was,and is to come the Almighty.Christ is Rastafari and Rastafari Christ,because Christ is the Conquering lion of the tribe of judah Root of David and king Solomon.Now when I say Jes#us I and I dont mean a white european,drawing of a man name Jee,zus.Jee,zus was drawn by Leanordo Divinchi,but Jes*us come from the root and the stem of Jes*se.If Haile Selahssie is the Conquering lion of the tribe of judah,he is the one,the elect of jah,The son of man is the conquering lion.

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 4/19/2007 2:35:40 AM

amen

bless to the replies, well overstood now.

Ras Kebreab, my bible is Kings James version, which type do you use and what english bible you suggest is most closest to ge'ez bible

selassie i son, i understand those concepts, Rastafari is how long it take I n I to grow up to it

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/19/2007 8:12:13 AM

Ises
Lion, i use my KJV. I double checked it on the KJV from the net...and its the same..."this is Elijah ,which was for to come"....so i dont know how your version says otherwise.
Yes I, in i opinion KJV is the most trustworthy next to the Ithiopian Ible.The closer we are to the Recieved Text,Textus Recepticus, the better if you ask me....and i think KJV is
Besides, knowing how much the Pope hates the Recieved Text and the KJV, it kinda gives i comfort.

Jah Guide
Rastafari Is

Messenger: Youthman Sent: 4/21/2007 5:51:51 PM

Christ's answer to the question by John is in his statement about the mighty works performed, showing that he, Christ, indeed is the one and not another after him. Observe verse 4 and 5.

Matt.11
[2] Now when John had heard in the prison the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples,
[3] And said unto him, Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another?
[4] Jesus answered and said unto them, Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see:
[5] The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them.
[6] And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I