Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1820&start_row=11

Aksum

1 - 1011 - 17
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 4/13/2007 5:40:19 PM

I have a feeling Meles Zenawi puts a lot of funds where he himself wishes them to go. If ones travel in Tigray they will notice better roads, especially around the capital Mekele, Tigray is of course where Meles hails from and his allegiance lies there. Ones will remember how His Majesty developed many parts of the country at the same time, unlike Meles who seems to be spending Ethiopia's cash on his own private arsenal. If the I's remember the recent massacre in Addis during the election scandal, Meles rolled out the tanks, same way with Somalia, that dude is on a major ego trip if ya ask me. Government food aid programs should supply plenty of food, but people aren't getting what they're promised because the cash is being pocketed before it's even turned into food. There's no excuses for some major issues in Ethiopia, and I really see Meles as flipping the whole thing up for his own profit, ego surely leads to ruin.
Selam

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 4/13/2007 11:45:57 PM

An afterthought, on Ethiopian travel, after my rant on Meles.....

Ras Kebre AB was right, if the I can afford it, it would be very comfortable and time saving to rent a car in Addis. While I was on the bus there were always Land Rovers passing us by...Never the less, the bus has its own charm, I'd ride it again.

SELAM

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 4/14/2007 3:15:08 AM

its only natural for Meles to give more where he came from in Tigray since he is now in authority. After so long someone from Tigray has authority over Judah. Ras Yohannas wanted it from Menelik. this goes bigger than Tigray and Amharas i see it. The Tigray land which my family are from is the people of the Tribe of Binyam, as you go south you enter the people of Tribe of Judah. Throughout history Judah always had dominion over Benjamin. So now in these times of revelations Benjamin has dominion over Judah. After the Lion of Judah, all the others are just scrambling for authority.

bless

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 4/14/2007 4:37:19 PM

Young Lion,

I'm curious what tribe/s the I attributes to the Oromos...

It's an interesting perspective, that the I has. Does the I feel that His Majesty had favored Amharas specifically?

Selam

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 4/15/2007 1:08:33 PM

Ises

Yes Iloved, usually traveling Ithiopia should be no problem, plenty travel opportunities and accomodation. But here we now speak not about an average pilgrimage fest, here we speak about Addis Amet Millenium.
I hear from my brother over there only until now 20.000 visum demands have arrived in the ministry. The authorities believe that Ethiopia will double it's population during the Millenium! Because you have so many Ithiopians living all around this planet, and they all want to go home for this special date and visit family. Plus: this is the best cultural-tourist date in a whole thousand years.

Yes I have planned the smaller circle: Addis - Bahir Dar- Gonder - Lalibela - Addis.
But my Brother, at whom and his wife I and I queen will stay in Addis, told me that I should plan that NOTHING will go. It's pretty normal that there ain't much going during rainy season, but this time you have masses and masses who need accomodation too.
So the best thing is to check it out while we are there. How things are going. And if not, I will stay in my Father's city his new flower with I beloved ones. No matter what, JAH provides.

I hear somebody asking about Shashamane.
In Shashamane you will have the whole situation even more extreme! Every Rasta around the world will try to be ther at this date. In the US you have big communities who plan this trod for a long time now. And the first and main stop for most of the Rasta still is Shashamane (don't ask me why).
If I go there then just to check brethren and family. But Iman won't stay for long. So if you don't have personal connections, there aint many other options. I know of a TTI run hotel in Shash, and now there is a new lodges-hotel run by Idren from france.
But ALL these accomodations won't be enuff for all the masses that come for the Millenium. My brethren told me a man from America rent a whole compound near to the compound of I brother just for this period of time. So you see, not only the hotels will be rare, but any kind of accomodation.

One question still: As the I said, there is a road from Gonder to Lalibela in the dry season. But Addis Amet is till in the rainy season. So I have now an english travel guide which says there are "unsealed roads". Can anybody explain to me what is an unsealed road? Does that mean it can't be used during rainy season?
Because as I saw, the I travelled from Addis to Bahir Dar via Debre Markus. But there is a road which reaches Bahir Dar in 12hours, but this is one of these unsealed roads. So it might not be usable during rainy season?

Haile I
Selah

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 4/15/2007 3:33:50 PM

the Oromos dont consider themselves abeshan for the most part, more of somalian. i really didnt get to consider what tribe they came from. No i dont think Haile Selassie favored Amharas, he himself is part Gurage. he had a duty to protect and serve all his people. I consider H.I.M almost a perfect man. As i really check it, it is tigrayans who control the whole Abbyssinia in authority, starting north from eritrea down south to past Addis. Never has tigrayans whos population is 6 million been the lawgiver to Amharas population 22 million. I believe Oromos have there own place called Oromia in which they handle by themselves.

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 4/17/2007 7:29:48 AM

Blessed Love,

I'm pretty sure that by unsealed they mean to say unpaved, no? Just a dirt road, which is common. It's possible that a bus could make it in 12 hours, I think it just takes a good bus and a very early start. There's usually a few buses that leave for one destination, but they don't all leave at the same time, if you were to catch the first bus, the I might have a good chance of reaching Bahir Dar in a day. That road from Gondar to Lalibella might be impassible when the I's there though, I just don't know, I never travelled on that road. And good point about Addis Amet, things will be packed. Anyways, sounds like a great time....

SELAM

1 - 1011 - 17

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I