Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1793&start_row=1

Itse Farse

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/20/2007 6:38:18 AM

This is an exerpt from a book which tells the story of Abubabker Ashakih, a leading Eritrean Ethiopian composer, musician and singer, who worked in the Imperial Music Departement in the 1960s. This particular passage just reminded I of how i began to use the herbs. Just though i would share it with the I dem

" soon we moved to a larger house near the Itegue Menen school.
The first time i looked at the house, i met the old woman caretaker who lived at the far end of the compound. She showed me around and we agreed on the price of the rent.
After i paid, she told me that the house had been closed for a long time and adviced, " Before you move in, burn this herb inside."
She dug into a jar and put some grass into a bag for me. I recognised it as marijuana, which was introduced to me by a friend whose father was a priest in the Ethiopian Coptic Church.
The Church has used it for centuries. Priest raise it in the monasteries to bake biscuits for young acolytes to stimulate visions as a prelude to priesthood.
It is also used as incense and is called Itse Farse in the ancient church language, Geéz. "

Rastafari IS

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 3/23/2007 10:19:31 AM

Ises and Love

This is very interesting my Lord.

Can the I give us mor I-formation about the Author, so that I n I can find out about this man and truth behind it.
And how this book is called.

Give Thanks
Selah

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/1/2007 9:10:52 PM

Ises Idren
i didnt see your reply

well, the book in itself is nothing special. It is called A Gift of Incense. The book in itself is nothing special. It is simply the life story of a couple. It was written by a white american lady who moved to Ithiopia in the sixties, met the composer Abubaker, they married, had children etc, part of the book is her personal experiences in Addis and part , she writes from what her husband told her of his childhood
Like i say,,the book is not so remarkable
The reason why i like these kinds of books though, is because books like these dont have an agenda to push, whether good or bad. Simply by reading of peoples lives and experiences you get small glimpses into how people used to live in those times
I dont have much time right now,, but i will soon post some examples of what i mean

bless
Rastafari Is

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/1/2007 9:18:52 PM

Here is a quick example

" Khalid had a friend from his military days, Hamza, who drove a van to and fro from the airport dlivering Ethiopian Airlines employees. Together Hamza and Khalid smoked marijuana in the afternoons, often leaving enough to roll one more to share with Abubaker. The weed was of the famous Sudanese variety known as bongo. It was strong and sweet and raised in the British Embassy compound by memebers of their own Sudanese troop who patrolled the Embassy grounds as trusted guards. "

from A Gift of Incense

Messenger: inajahlove Sent: 4/2/2007 12:16:36 AM

nuff thanks to the I for raising the collective consciousness. I appreciate the thoughtfulness and usefulness.

I spirit travel like a river

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/5/2007 8:02:10 AM

Ises

Just a little bit of warning to anyone who might read this book
Expect to read some really blasphemous things about I High Majesty King Selassie I ,when towards the end of the book, it starts to deal with the so called revolution of the seventies.
As for i personally, i am in contact with people who were at that time, and at present, in much better positions to know the truth of those days , therefore misguided info like this doesnt mean anything to i.
But to all the idem who dont have those kinds of contacts, some of the things might test your faith
All I can say is hold on to your faith
King Selassie I is more pure than what even some "rasta" think He is

Rastafari Is

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 4/5/2007 10:47:37 AM

if trodding this barren land don't break my faith, which looks up to thee (H.I.M.) nothing will

RSK

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/5/2007 12:54:16 PM

Yes I sistren K
'I done sight thy strenth already
The Father be with thee always

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I