Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=175&start_row=91

Islam and Rastafari

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 1/5/2011 8:09:22 PM

Yes, anyone, muslim or any religion can try to live the Rasta way....i even recommend it, but a muslim or a person of any other religion cannot BE Rastafari

if "muslim-rasta" means a Ras who comes from an Islamic background, then that is fine, but if it means a man who is both Rasta and muslim at the same time, then there is no such thing.
One man cannot serve two masters.

Haile Selassie I is God Almighty.
If yuh cannot accept dat, then yuh can live Rasta way, but yuh are not Rastafari and cannot be
But if yuh accept that He is Jah Almighty, the Original Black Kaaba Stone whom InI walk 7 Times around, then you are Rastafari.

Then it dont matter if yuh were muslim or christian or buddhist or whatever, for yuh will be born again without mother or father, for Jah is a Father of the fatherless in His Holy habitation.

I see people like yuh as di future, in time, there will be many many more muslims, christians, etc who will come to know the Father in Haile Selassie I.....but yuh must have the strength to let go of the past and start anew , just as ini had to let go of the tings we were taught in our own religions and start from scratch and seek out the Father for yourself.

Bless

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/6/2011 7:36:37 PM

Yes I, RasTafarI people are RasTafarI. no matter what religion they were part of before, they are RasTafarI and have left the former ways behind.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 4/4/2012 11:01:01 PM

I found this article about mussolini calling himself the "Sword of Islam", I thought it was interesting.

----------------------------------
Mussolini’s Opportunistic Role as Protector of Islam

It was however, Mussolini’s quest for a new and grand version of ancient Rome with colonial possessions in North Africa, naval supremacy in the Mediterranean ("Our Sea" – "Mare Nostrum"), the Italian desire for revenge against Abyssinia for the disastrous defeat suffered at Ethiopian hands at Adowa in 1896 that resulted in a total change of his position on a possible alliance with Zionism. In his view Italy had sacrificed much in World War I only to be denied the fruits of victory with an expanded colonial role in the Middle East and Africa. This led him to pursue an aggressive campaign that ultimately brought him into an alliance with Nazi Germany and Hitler whose ideology he had previously ridiculed.

In March 1937, Benito Mussolini proclaimed himself as “Protector of Islam” following a state visit to the Italian colony of Libya where he opened a new military highway. The occasion was to mark the brutal suppression of resistance to Italian occupation that ended with the execution of a Senussi rebel leader, Omar al-Mukhtar. Italy simultaneously began a propaganda campaign designed to pacify Muslim sentiment around the Mediterranean and deflect anti-colonialist sentiment against the British and French presence in North Africa and the Middle East.

This policy included secret Italian support of the most extreme anti-Zionist of the Palestinian Muslim political figures, Haj Amin al-Husseini who had been installed in office by the British in 1931 even though he finished fourth in an election of Palestine’s chief religious leader (mufti) by Muslim notables. The British tried to impress the Arab population that even though they were widely blamed for the Balfour Declaration and the Mandate for Palestine as a “Jewish National Home,” they respected Muslim concerns and rights. Ironically, Italian support was provided for the same reason – exploitation of the mufti’s appeal to the most radical fundamentalist Muslim religious sentiment in the expectation that they could “outbid” the British for Arab sympathy.

Mussolini, in a typically extravagant and bizarre dramatization of his manly image, and newly established title of Protector of Islam, arranged for a ceremonial girding on of the “Sword of Islam” in Libya in 1937. At the ceremony in Tripoli, he declared “Italy will always be the friend and protector of Islam throughout the world”. Italian Foreign minister Ciano noted that Islam was totally compatible with the Fascist outlook and added that “The Islamic world, in accordance with its traditions, loves in the Duce, the wisdom of the statesmen united to the action of the warrior.” These statements dashed the hopes of Italian Jews convincing them that Fascism had taken a dramatic turn for the worse and indeed, not long afterward, the Italian leader bowed to Hitler’s will and paid the price for an alliance with Germany by instituting anti-Semitic laws.

In the Italian campaign of aggression against Abyssinia, the Catholic Church was exploited by Mussolini to lend its approval to a war characterized as one on behalf of Western civilization against African barbarism. Nevertheless, a large proportion of the Italian forces were Muslim recruits from Libya, Eritrea, Somaliland and the Muslim dominated Galla region. Arab volunteers to serve in the Italian forces against the Christian Ethiopians included a contingent from Yemen. The same policy was also followed by General Francisco Franco in the Spanish Civil War (see March 2008 issue of New English Review, "Spain in the Sahdow of Bin-Laden).

The Muslims in Northeast Africa had a long hereditary grudge against the Christian majority in the highland areas of Northern Ethiopia and the Emperor Haile Selassie (whose name in Amharic meant "The Power of the Trinity"). Haile Selassie was also referred to by the title “Negus Negast” ("King of Kings" – as the Biblical reference in Hebrew to King Solomon as “Melech haMlachim”). Abyssinia was divided tribally, linguistically and religiously and Muslims resented the new emperor and his power base in the Southern provinces of Harra and Wollo among the Amharan and Tigre peoples.

Haile Selassie’s original name was Ras Tafari Makonnen. He had come to the throne and defeated supporters of the former Emperor Li Jasu, a Christian who had converted to Islam. In spite of Italian propaganda, Haile Selassie represented an ancient Christian civilization and a ruler who aspired to modernize his country along European lines. His eloquent stand in the League of Nations that culminated in Italy’s expulsion was a great moral victory and one that made Haile Selassie into a hero of Black African nationalism yet Mussolini, like Napoleon and Wilhelm before him, and Hitler and Franco later, could not resist striking a heroic pose before the world’s Muslims to further their aggressive ambitions.
----------------------------------

Allies of Jihad

Messenger: AbdulJah Sent: 9/23/2012 6:02:19 AM

Brother Much Love to you.. I man a muslim now been for 3 years but i've seen that in the world of Islam.. (the means of Peace) barely have any peace.. im in the 6's & 7's state now.. pure confusion.. i need One Love i need Peace.. so for my love of Reggae i came across the Rasta life style.. and i love it.. but yet i have a hard time calling myself a Rasta because i yet don't believe of Emperor Haile Selassie I being a God but much respect to him i pay.. i see him as a Prophet and not a God.. and also with my muslim belief.. i don't believe in reincarnation... Help Me out Brother... i don't want to be in the border line but still i want that Equality Point..

Messenger: RastaJames Sent: 9/23/2012 8:22:54 AM

Halie selassie 1, Is the real Jesus Christ.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 9/25/2012 4:41:10 AM

Haile I Selassie I...For a muslim to fully sight Rastafari,Iman think one have to burn out those Islam beliefs that prevents him to see H.I.M as the earth rightful ruler.Rastafari don't deal with beliefs but reality,e.g muslims believe there is no Trinity,yet Haile Selassie is the Power of the Holy Trinity,dats reality,look how Jah created everything:man woman and child,sun moon and stars,air heat and water,liquid solid and gas,seen.So the Power of the Trinity can only be God Himself and thats Haile Selassie.H.I.M is the King of kings,Lord of lords God of gods.Muhammed,Buddha,etc have to bow before the Almighty in Flesh.One more thing is dat Rastafari is about our own roots/identity,it makes no sense for a blackman to call himself Muslims,Catholic,Methodist,Adventist etc.BLACKMAN KNOW THYSELF

Messenger: mothing Sent: 10/7/2012 1:48:25 PM

greeting,

first..sorry for my english..

you can call me abah..i'm indonesian..a moslem and follow the rastafarian way..i thing..i can life with this way..always find joyfull and peacefully..thanks to king selasie..blessing..

i thing there is good relation between islam way and rastafarian way.in islam,i learn about how to forgive people.so it do in rastafarian.
in rastafarian we have to againts babylon..so in islam too..but its more better to forgive.

with islam i get peacefully and get more after i follow the rastafarian way.

thanks and sorry again for my english..blessing to you all

Messenger: RastafariYess Sent: 10/11/2012 11:28:58 PM

Greetings to all Jah Idren
I think it is not possible to be Muslim and rastafarI at same time, there is many reasons why would it not be right and why it would be perhaps , but like one brethren mentioned the beliefs of the Quran differ from InI books of Ras my blood sisthren converted to Muslim about 4 months ago she discussed the readings she read and ask for I option I found myself disagreeing quite a lot Muslim "religion" oppresses Wombman a lot as well as those who do not agree with the readings, in one of those paragraphs or what ever Muslim call it no offense said that those who do bad or do not agree with the prophet should be punished (or something similar) can't quite recall it exactly because it was awhile ago but those kind of words are words of exciting violence killings of innocent and sometimes are interpreted by evil people and use it an excuse to murder . RastafarI is a pure livity love amongst brethrens & sisthres and InI is no better than InI a beautiful thing not found in lot of "religions" InI pray because that's our way of life a feeling not because InI will get Punish for not doing so or scare that the almighty will not love us, InI way of life simple no threatening rules or even Wombmane GENITAL MUTILATION! InI take care for each other NOT TORTURE ! Keep that in min kings & Queens !

Jah Rastafari blessings

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 10/12/2012 2:11:09 PM

I wonder what Ones and Ones will make of the fact that in this time, Muslim and RastafarI people are Initing to fulfil works in the communities their share peacefully? Groups of youths in England who have grown up with eachother in the cities are starting to cooperate and Reason together to uplift people in the community.
I and I are becoming ever more aware of the truth of His Majesty's words when He said that all the true mystics of the traditions of the world are spiritual kinsmen. Many people in the world claim to be Muslims, but commit wickedness like degrading the wombman of creation and all the other sins that men of every faith commit. With I own eyes I have seen a man who called himself a Muslim destroy himself and take 13 people with him. More strength to those who struggle for freedom and truths and rights, but killing and maiming without discretion is neither righteous or productive whether One is RastafarI or Muslim. Sadly that is just a reflection of the much greater violence being perpetrated even more indiscriminatelty against Islamic peoples by babylon in this time, but neither action can be viewed as righteous or Islamic if I and I check the teachings laid down at the Root of Islam by their prophet Mohammed. Mohammed fought wars to defend and protect people, but in the Koran there is always mercy for the defenceless and unarmed, whatever their religion, and reckless violence is always punished with judgement. This is exactly the kind of conduct that Haile Selassie I would encourage in a leader forced to go to war.
The same is true when it comes to the place of wombmen. In this time I and I hear of plenty of so called Muslims disrespecting and even sometimes mutilating the wombmen of their people as Ones and Ones have mentioned. But the reality is that any Muslim who really reads and overstands the teaching laid down in the Koran will know that Mohammed had great respect for wombmen and acknowledged their divine role and dignity, which is why he encouraged both men and wombmen to dress modestly and behave with dignity and respect for One another because this is what was revealed to him to bring his people out of confusion. Don't many RastafarI Empresses maintain similar standards of dignity by wearing long dresses and wrapping their locks? Maybe plain clothes might turn into a whole heap of Red, Gold and Green, but the principle is the same isn't it? Babylon is fighting a war of terror against these people remember, so I and I shouldn't be surprised that the worst examples of un-Islamic actions by Muslims are being highlighted and publicised.

Ones and Ones are even hearing now of a prophesy in the Koran mentioning a union between the house David and the lineage of Mohammed as a great sign, and when I and I read deeply into the lineage of Emperess Menen, I and I find that she is decended from the family of Mohammed through the close interactions already mentioned in this Reasoning between the early Muslims and the Christian Negus of Ethiopia, who Mohammed respected and trusted highly as a true man of the Most High.
And when I and I look deeper at His Majesty's words and actions, I and I see that He always stressed the unity of the Ethiopian people and the world across lines of religion and faith. There is a photo on this site of His Majesty visiting Woking Mosque in London, and He established and visited Islamic schools for the Muslim population of Ethiopia, never discriminating against them.

So please Idren and Sistren, don't be fooled into thinking that any religion or people are I and I enemies. Certain institutions and groups are definately downpressing people, but the true righteous people will be thinking the same thing as I and I when they see the wickedness. Its foolish to be talking about religious division in these times when the work is so evident to all people of conscience. It won't be easy to overcome the many confusions and animosities, but it is essential that I and I keep from making and maintaining enemies out of people who should rightfully be I and I allies and friends in the stuggle for truths, rights and justice.

Blessed love

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 10/13/2012 2:35:17 AM

I was just sent some transcripts from a gathering for RastafarI Inity in East London just two days ago attended by the Nyahbingi Order, the EABIC and the EWF, as well as many other RastafarI people. Many Reasonings were presented by Ones and Ones, and hopefully the Idren from the RastafarI council of Britain who organised the gathering will send I the rest of the transcripts when they compile them. There was one Reasoing in particular that featured the utterance of His Majesty I was referencing earlier and I'll bring forward the Reasoning presented by an elder by the name of Ras Shango Baku of the Nyahbinghi National Council UK on the matter:

His Majesty states:
In the mystic tradition of the different religions we have a remarkable unity of spirit. Whatever religion they profess, they are spiritual kinsmen. While the different religions in their historical form bind us to limited groups and militate against the development of loyalty to the world community, the mystics have already stood for the fellowship of humanity.

InI would do well to heed these words and to observe the injunction that is implicit within them. The fact is that Rastafari is not simply a new sect or religion on the face of this earth. Much more than this, it is the amalgamation of religious practice woven into everyday life or livity. It is the surmounting of religious difference in the quest for a true world order, based on the principle of overstanding, equality and justice in the modern world. As such it derives from the fundamental value systems of Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism and all major world religions that have come before it. It proposes an end to the unending search for peace and harmony by identifying the God in Man at a time when we have the capacity, experience, means and absolute need to arrive at a global consensus of faith and knowledge. If this is not so then we are engaged in a pointless exercise. We are adding another chaotic note to the profusion of conflicting voices that has dominated the planet in preceding millennia.
In the Words of His Majesty:
This, then, is the ultimate challenge. Where are we to look for our survival, for answers to the questions which have never before been posed? We must look first to Almighty God, Who has raised man above the animals and endowed him with intelligence and reason. We must put our faith in HIM, that He will not desert us or permit us to destroy humanity which He created in His image. And we must look into ourselves, into the depths of our souls. We must become something we have never been and for which our education and experience have ill prepared us. We must become bigger than we have been: more courageous, greater in spirit, larger in outlook. We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men within the human community.
The message is abundantly clear. Unity within Rastafari is not merely desirable; it is absolutely necessary and incumbent upon InI to become something new – so as not repeat the mistakes of the past and the pitfalls of separatist thinking and divisive action.
The encircling Rainbow Throne of Righteousness is evident in the skies of Ethiopia. It is a rain-circle (distinct from a rain-bow) complete with all the colours and harmonious elements of nature, a symbol and a sign of eternal peace between man and his universal environment. This is truly Mt Zion, the apex of our aspirations, where the ideal and the reality become indivisible.
We have seen and acknowledged it with our own eyes. Now we need to live up to it. In the olden days there were 42 ‘negative assertions’ that predated the 10 commandments as articles of faith and principles of appropriate behaviour between man and man. By the time of Christ there were just 2. In the reign of His Imperial Majesty the dictum was simplified and perfected in ‘One Love.’

Ultimately Love is the Law in its singular, specific, simple and yet spectacular glory.
All else is illusion.
Ras Tafari
Ras Shango Baku

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I