Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=175&start_row=61

Islam and Rastafari

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Alexander Sent: 9/29/2007 12:42:34 PM

To Yaa Asantewa:

Before I ask some questions I would like to make it clear that I respect your views on Rastafari and that I do not mean to offend you in any way. Anyway, I percieve your views on the Rastafari trod to be a little strange. When you reason on this board you seem to tend to always do it in the tone that your perception of how a Rasta should live is the only truth, you seem to reason without being able to change your view on whatever is being discussed (please correct me if I am wrong in saying this). My question is: if we are going to go with this "no compromise" view on livity, are we not making Rastafari into more of a religion instead of a way of life and a search for truth, as it is supposed to be?

I am a young Rasta, I do not wish to pretend to be more than I am and I realize that I might just be in the beginning of my Rastafari trod, but I feel I must criticize (NOT look down on) your standpoint on this matter.

Messenger: Dominic Sent: 9/29/2007 12:58:11 PM

LOL...idren your right...but you gotta understand that yaa obiously is a strong and opinionated woman. We need more woman who represent rasta to be strong like her cause many woman act weak and submissive.Rasta woman should be like her king, LION!

JAH RASTAFARI!

but I know what the I means as RASTA you should know an open and creative mind is better than a closed and destructive one.

bless

Messenger: Ten Sent: 9/29/2007 1:52:29 PM

Greetings in JAH Name 'pon the Sabbath,
My words are to Dominic and not in reference to Alexander's questions - that is between the beloved Empress and the I. Dominic be cautious of how you say things, "many woman act weak and submissive. Rasta woman should be like her"
There are many reasons why some women "act weak and submissive" and sometimes it has very much to do with social expectations of how a Ras Dawta must dress, behave and conduct herself. Patriarchal and Matriarchal interpretations of The Bible have a big influence on this so let's not talk as though women just will themselves to act docile and weak. And what is weak anyway, from whose perspective is one weak? And dominated by whom? I know many Royal Dawtas whose humility is a source of strength. Personalities are different and as exemplary as Empress Yaa is in her strength, not every "Rasta woman should like her" - every Dawta should shine as herself, be the ilahful Zion Dawta that she is. Maybe you as a Ras Brethren should look to yourself, as male Alpha, to answer why some Ras Dawtas are perceived so.
JAH Bless
Heart of Love

Messenger: Dominic Sent: 9/29/2007 2:27:25 PM

Empress TEN

When I say many woman act weak and submissive Im talkin bout babylon houswives! RASTA woman know she a woman of creation and a queen of life! you got me all wrong you know?

Im sayin Rasta woman know who she is!

Humility or Not each and every RASTA queen know her place under the sun,so I agree with the I.

JAH RASTAFARI!

Messenger: Ten Sent: 9/29/2007 5:15:31 PM

Seen, I. Blessed

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 9/29/2007 5:47:58 PM

Give thanks, that was sweet. JAH know, I just wanna be loved for who I am!! :) LOL

Give thanks, mi family!

Yeah... it's true, to InI there is very little vagueness in my overs of the trodition. Not to say I know everything or I think I do... I know I don't and that excites me for what I am yet to know... but I had a notion of seeing the things of creation, one day & one night, so clearly removed from structures of ego and vanity... and I knew the clarity of vision was due to the order of Emmanuel and the Irits of Ras Tafari. These things linked let I know that the certainty of Iration guarded InI redemption, cosmologically guaranteed as the crowning of HIM.

The stuff of the world may be debated... and I am a very sociable person (some may say charismatic, if I haven't just cussed them over one debate or other)... but I know the lines and I see them clear... so I keep on the side of R, so I can work, rest & play safely. But to InI the Irits of RasTafari redemption livity are done sealed by the Ark of the Covenant, so as long as it's called JAH-RasTafari.com InI have to defend it. We could reason about how awkward it is in Babylon life to say... work with people who are blatant vampires... no-one wants to compromise their livity nor be a hypocrite... so we could reason about the application of principles in the trials of "modern" life. But to debate the actual PRINCIPLE seems audacious to me.

The reason I find it difficult to change my "opinion" or my expression of "opinion" is simply (and honestly humbly) because I find myself questionning whether some ones are on the same page or not. That's just the honest truth. I regularly gather nuff ights from a variety of people during my comings and goings. But someone's gotta come wit sumtin good... know what I'm saying! :)

Yes RasTafari children... blessed love this Sabbath Evening.

Holy Emmanuel I...? Selassie I!! JAH... RasTafari!

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 9/29/2007 5:53:21 PM

Empress Ten... don't you just crack up when InI are called "opinionated". It's like an official euphemism... not gonna say what for... ROFLMAO!!!

No probs Prince Dominic, women's joke!! :)

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 9/29/2007 7:39:28 PM

Has anyone seen Prince Hotep...? I haven't seen him for a while.

Messenger: Alexander Sent: 9/29/2007 7:41:53 PM

Many thanks for the response, sister. However, I am still confused.

You say that you find it audacious to debate the principles of the Rastafari trod, but still I find you participating in such discussions, sometimes just to tell people that they are not Rasta because they see something differently from you. This seems strange to me, I cannot see the reason for doing so.

And also, if I overstand your view correctly, it seems to me that you percieve Rastafari to be a typical religion, since you do not want to discuss its principles. A religion is a set of rules and principles, which are basically never changed or even questioned. Of course you have the right to see the Rastafari trod this way, I just want to know if this is your view, because it is meaningless to reason with someone who is not ready to change their opinion.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/29/2007 8:18:56 PM

Only time will show you,

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I