Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=175&start_row=131

Islam and Rastafari

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/20/2013 12:23:29 PM

Are you Black / African? I've already reasoned why Islam has no place among black people, best left to the Arabs IMO. Too much African bloodshed in the name of Allah. And the laws and moral code all comes from indiginous African livity anyway.... So I find it better for black people to look into themselves and look at the practice traditions and culture which is indiginous to them, rather than looking to Islam....

+How would you bring up any potential children? As rasta? Or Muslim?

Rasta and Muslim only have similarities because the Muslim faith as with Christianity was plagiarised heavily from the influence of ancient African tradition.

Messenger: MoreLove Sent: 11/21/2013 3:44:50 AM

So in other words, there is no place in this world?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/22/2013 9:04:57 AM

I don't overs what your asking. I'm saying to me Islam and rasta don't mix. However you say this doesn't affect your relationship with ur partner which is good. So my question would be in which faith would you bring up the children? As this is where I see the potential clash.....

And out of interest is she a black Muslim?

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 12/15/2013 11:32:35 AM

Here, learn something from Islam. Islam means submission to the will of Jah Allah. Root work is salema meaning . Peace, submission to Jah,purity and obedience.
http://www.al-islam.org/the-heart-of-the-quran-commentary-of-sura-yasin-ayatullah-dastaghaib/ayat-no-60-63

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 12/15/2013 11:53:11 AM

There are Buddhist Rastas, Islam Rastas, Christian Rastas, Hindu Rastas, Native American Rastas, spiritual rastas that learn truth and derive peaceandlove from all religions and cultures, there are African Tribes Rastas but they don't call them selves Rastas but the livity is being lived.

Don't throw the babys out with the bath water.

All religions are path to Jah . Pure they are. Only man is bringing filth into the movements, the paths are not crooked but many that say they are on one of those paths to Jah are walking in crooked paths and shall be destroyed with the evildoers.

Remove the impurity from the purity, don't throw out the pure with the impure.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/15/2013 2:05:32 PM

There are Hindu dreadlocks and gurus
Similar for Islam and the rest of what you listed

But these people do not identify themselves as rasta, and are not rasta.

Islam rasta is Nonesense. Rasta don't deal with Allah and the many different ideogies which make up the faith of Islam. Anybody claiming to be an Islamic rasta would sell jah down the river in a heartbeat rather than their prophet Mohammed.

Same goes for 'Christian rasta'

Or Christian Muslim? Hindu Catholics? Doesn't work even if the theory sounds nice

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/15/2013 2:07:10 PM

Haile selassie I Is the almighty!

- blasphemy, often punishable by death according to Islamic and Quran law

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/quran/023-violence.htm

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 12/15/2013 3:35:13 PM

Jessep86
Why is the I confuse re-ligion and InI livity?
I livity is not a path to Jah as such like a religion,as H.I.M say we should not confuse religion and spirituality.
This ya trod is Life itself,not a path to Jah because Jah Jah dwell in I already.So InI haffi manifest Jah works in I livity.Ye are Gods,so what does this path to Jah come from.

Man of Right is Haile Selassie in Flesh,and Man of wrong is the Pope of Rome in flesh

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/15/2013 3:38:56 PM

That's my favourite (of very few) bible quotes

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 12/15/2013 4:01:02 PM

The path is the realizing the unity with Jah, and awakening the godly attributes within, the path is the disciplines (adopted from religions) that purify the irits.

The religious doctrines and instructions are spoken up by the disciple of those teaching to help them find their true nature and livity and grow in spirit worshiping JAH in spirit not in form.

No confusion, just realization of the unity of essence of all religions, not all have eyes to see or ears to hear the underlying theme uniting various religions and spiritual beleifs.....That is to experience the divine.

But can we learn from others and adopt their ideas(of truth) and still remain in our sect? Yes let all these members of religions find their common ground, their common factor, that makes them one, not divided... one love One heart one iration, peace love and harmony I pray for the Jews Muslims and Christians in Jerusalem and all around world

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I