Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=175&start_row=121

Islam and Rastafari

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 6/20/2013 6:30:47 PM

I overstand Zion Mountain, but obviously the man took it differently and thought the I was calling him a pig, and none of I and I here eat swine, whether RastafarI or Muslim, so come let I and I leave the hogs out of it. The man might well be coming with some comments and questions that I and I find divisive and the way he has asked them is not as sensitive as I and I would have liked, but even among RastafarI people Reasonings can run hotter than this, so I see no problem in answering out of love and respect, even if it perhaps undue since the man obviously came on a con-version and 'us vs them' kind of level.

Blessed love

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 6/20/2013 7:43:20 PM

Blessed Love,

sandrasta, the I wrote:

"You never answered any of my questions, so answer these questions for me so I can understand the rasta movement better.... who is god? "

Honourable Priest Isaac speaks on the importance of knowing The Creator

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 7/11/2013 12:40:06 PM

Islam seen is a way of life overstanding dat God Jah is a Irit and dwells all over Iternity. And not reckoning de Emperor Haile Selassie I is Jah who is God. Instead, Islam is not Christdom. Islam is saying dat Jah is not a man or woman or any physical thing that can be seen like the flesh. Rastafari is Christdom, In Jah RastafarI Jesus Christos Lion of Judah Omega Alpha is God and Christdom ios Jah RastafarI is God and God Jah does manifest in flesh and in RastafarI is Christdom

JAH

RASTAFARI

THE ALPHA AND THE OMEGA

THE LION OF THE TRIBE OF JUDAH

EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE I

JAH RASTAFARI

ELECT OF GOD

Messenger: kidus Seifu Sent: 7/12/2013 4:35:33 AM

Greetings Royal children of Ithiopia.

How can Islam n Rastafari come together? Islam is religion, but Rastafari is not. Nuh connect nuh similar things. King Haile Selassie is a christian king nuh Islam. Yesus Kerstos is king of kings n lord of lords n savior of InI.

Bless.

Messenger: 1forTruth Sent: 7/14/2013 8:36:00 PM

Of course we all can innect. Whether InI is Islam or Rastafari, one thing is for sure, InI live in a world where the stereotypes of the black man and muslim can lead to death. HIS Majesty said it best, until the color of man skin has no more significance than the color of his eyes......also read HIM autobiography in vol 1, where he tells his ppl how to prepare for war. He said we must fight to protect us from the invaders. So thats one thing we all have in common, a deadly invader, seen? InI are spiritual kinsmen despise what dem site, InI want to peace, a good commonality.

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 7/15/2013 10:40:09 AM

The Muslims of when Islam first started had locks.
The prophets had to grow their locks and beard.
Today, because of being annoyed of long locks, they cut their hair off, but still keep their beared.
Thats why them muslims have got the turbans but have not got any locks to put inside.

MELCHEZIDECK

HAILE SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI

BLESSED I

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/16/2013 10:16:07 PM

I man sad I miss this reasoning. A whole heap of fire to pass round.

Islam - Christianity - Judaism all come from Abraham and Moses. The acclaimed black pharoah Akhenaten already had the earliest recorded teaching of monotheism. So it's not hard to believe where Abraham may have reasoned such a theory. But to deal with Moses. Moses is the bringer of the Law and the philosophy. The alleged author of the first five books of the bible. According to the scripture, Moses specifically spent most of his life in Egypt / Kemet from a baby up until the point of exodus when he was 83 years old. This was during the late kingdom in Egypt - a time when egypt or Kemet (for my conscious brothers) was at its heights in terms of knowledge - knowledge of self, mathematics, astrology, history, civil engineering... And they saw the spirituality within all of these disciplines. The teachers were called priests. There's evidence right now in Kemet to show the high priests were teachers of all disciples. The bible says Moses was learned of all the ways of the Egyptian High priests...... There is a strong claim that ALL of the laws and spiritual concepts of The Hebrew Israelites and therefore the basis of Judaism Islam and Christianty all stem from Africa - specifically Kemet. The people of Kemet are children of the people of Ta-seti or Nubia, which part of which is now commonly known as Ethiopia.

So yes Islam would share some similarities with Rasta.... As may Judaism or Christianity. but rasta is the original concept resurfaced and doesn't plaigarise from Africa it is one with its indiginous originality.

But I Bun comparison. Rasta to this date has done no harm to Africa or Africans. The contrary. Yet Islam and Christianity has been indoctrinating and enslaving Africans for years. the Muslims generally worse than the Christians as in many countries history shows it was Allah or the sword, serve him or be put to death. And everywhere we see the religion spread, we see the land being taken from the indiginous people. This is clearly true for Christianity too. Worse thing is the first Muslim (and cowriter of their book is an black African called Bilal.... Most Muslims I've met don't wish to expand on this much.
I am aware there are good concepts in any holy book. But without even getting into the ways the Quran indoctrinated the minds of Africans against Africa..... If we just take account of the bloodshed in the name of Allah on African soil, and the raping of African women, and the loss of African land and wealth under the half moon...... And worse the destruction of indiginous practice. Then just like any other western religion, I don't see it as a positive...... Not for black people. If the Arabs want to see their god through the eyes of themselves then so be it. So long as they leggo of Africa.
Bun religion in its entirity

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 11/17/2013 6:22:05 AM

Blaze dem my King. Flash dem wit lightning n thunder. Big up bro Garvey Africa fo de Black Ipremacy iritical upliftment. Bless my Lord

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/17/2013 7:37:55 AM

In Garveys Africa there is no such thing as a Christian rasta or a Muslim rasta. Once we trod this trod we are not about to make the same mistakes of past. If we see the cross or the half moon in our promised land I man Gun that down, viciously. Unapologetically. It's up to people if they wana straddle the fence and half and half this ting. No half moon and no cross principle in the promised land. Any time they have come near Africa it has been enslavement and thieving of the land...... We not got time to differentiate anymore, if we see it all we see is invader..... A word of warning to fence straddlers. Rasta is not Ghandi..... rasta a warrior with lion precept and look to the likes of the great nyabingi warrior princess..... When it comes to invader, we not playing around. Leave the Arab religion to the Arabs, leave the Europe religion to europe. We have enough indiginous religions in Africa as it is. These people prey on us becaue they know as black people we are well spiritual people. I man say, it's time to know yourself.

Messenger: MoreLove Sent: 11/20/2013 9:04:56 AM

Salaam, Greetings in the name of the Most High, the Most Merciful.
I have been searching for a very long time for advice on this very topic. Allah or Jah works in mysterious ways. I am a muslim woman, and my love, my king is Rasta. We have overcome many things, and have tried many times to break off our love because my family will not accept him. Somehow we always find our way back to each other. This has been going on for 2 years now. I respect Rasta. I find that there are more similarities than people realise. You have helped me ovastand Rasta in relation to Islam and vice versa. How they can be extensions of one another. Yet, I wonder, how we can make this work practically. What can I say or do to help open my familys eyes?

Any advice is most welcome
May Allah Guide and Bless all of you on your journeys

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I