Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=175&start_row=1

Islam and Rastafari

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras John Sent: 1/21/2004 11:10:47 PM

InI find many strong connections between Islam and Rastafari... InI read Al-Quran for spiritual guidance, InI fast for Ramadan and things... its wonderful for the soul. Spreading spiritual orientation is something I-man see as a must to fully overstand the ways of JAH and of our brothers and sisters throughout the Iearth.

And check- the brother of HIM Haile Selassie was a Muslim. Granted there is some real evil that is wrought under the sacred name of Islam, this is corruption- Babylon evil. Islam itself is JAH Word as it was revealed by the Angel Gabriel to the Prophet Mohammed (blessed).

But InI know one cannot find true spiritual overstanding without knowing HIM Haile SelassieI. Because Mohammed was then, and Ras Tafari is now... and that's the truth. But all man can benefit themselves GREATLY by learning about Islam, reading Al-Quran, fasting and things like that. And check- we all know not everyone is ready to find themselves Rasta. Cuz not everyone is at that place in their spiritual orientation yet. Its truth... no doubt about it. Rasta dont have room for Fashion Dread. Rasta don't work for those who want to do what's hype, or who want to do somethin cuz they are used to doing it like organised religion is about. But for those of JAH Children who arent able to work confidently with their own intellect and spiritual strength in a way that is constructive, they still need JAH, and InI feel this is what Islam is for. Christianity is outdated. Cuz we are in the new phase. Islam teach submission to JAH, prayer, meditation, and discipline as well as righteousness. The Word of JAH. Tell I what u think....

One love (Allah akbar)

Ras John

Messenger: the rock Sent: 1/22/2004 4:35:11 AM

all books of enlightment are for man to come back to the light.
if the man see is all that matter, not the book he find it in.i love islam the study of it has gaven me inner JOY.
love to all the people.
sonone22

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/22/2004 9:08:21 AM

Greetings,

The God of RasTafarI, Jews, Christians and Muslims is the God of Abraham. The books from each of these speak about Abraham and praising his God. I and I can learn from all people because everyone has different experiences to share, I and I just need to remember to only deal with righteousness.

Bless,

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: mdjonas Sent: 1/22/2004 12:30:19 PM

Ras John.
The I seem to be saying Islam is like crutches that a man use because he doesn't know how to use his legs properly. When he know how to use his legs he don't need it anymore.
I would say that Rasta right now is still seeking. That mean that I and I can gain great benefits from practicing Islam (note that the word Islam means submission in English).
I see that submission can have a kind of negative meaning that sound something like bowing. And I know that Rasta guidance come from within, so there is no bowing, only freeness.
I see it is better to let go of the crutches, and then start to walk without thinking about if we can do it. That is faith.
For me you can't follow a religion and follow your heart at the same time, so there is no way for Islam and Rasta to come together. I love the Qur'an, for a nother time, but not for today. I would only read it as a history book that show how Jah guide those who do not know him personally, as Rastafari do. I would not follow any book or teaching.
How do the I see?

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 1/22/2004 1:46:48 PM

Blessed love Jah Rasta Far I

Ras Jonas, INI site what the I saying ...blessed reasoning on that. SIte the bible and Koran are parallell scriptures. THey be history and ancients knowledge. Site Ark I that the muslims x-tians and such all hailing up the same GOD....so why so much destruction and confusion.....??? Because they want to dominate man throu JAH......

Like the I-jonas site, it like a "crutch" and these religions are the dividers of Jah people with thier theolgy and doctrine and laws of such and such.. because they set out to separate. They think they know the sheep from the goat and they offer this "crash course" through "fellowship" to man to take a short cut to ZION......THere is no short cut......Jah is not "small" nor "divided"

I-dren when I of INI - Rasta don't haffe man ways being greater than the pure truth of the I-rator. Site these religions want to Offer something to the ones that is already INI. These in$titutions of babylon are man's copies(idolatry) of who the Creator is. They have created the hell here with some marketed concpet of heaven. They make war, tho all claim to love peace. THe war going on and no one like to war, so they must sell it to the world as relgious struggle for man's rightouesness---BUMBA KLATT....

Rasta, not into that....BEAWARE of one who wants to give you something that you already have or can get. Be aware of setting up "rasta" things and isms and organizations for the I guidance....KNOW YOURSELF....KNOW YOURSELF...CHECK THE VIBES

KNOW YOUR STRUGGLE AND BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF ABOUT IT.....THE KINGDOM OF JAH IS WIHTIN INI.

Read all the scripts with the open heart and mind of JAH that is already INI.

HAILE I SELASSIE I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/22/2004 2:37:46 PM

Greetings,

True words Nefertiti. It is all just about power and control that these people are fighting over. The fight was never about religion, religion is just used to gather people together to fight for the destroyers greed over power. That is what them people do, they use tribes, nations, religions, politics, wealth classes to gather people to fight for them.

It all comes down to a power struggle.

Bless,

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras John Sent: 1/22/2004 4:08:37 PM

Seen, seen Idren...

I man don't see 'submission unto JAH (Allah) as a bad thing though... sure it carries bad connitations depending on how one looks at it, but what it is supposed to mean, especially in the case of Islam, is living life for JAH, by the Word of JAH holding only JAH as your guide. This is what Islam means by 'submission unto Allah'. You are not supposed to submit your life unto a preacher, nor a Mosque, nor a polition/tyrant or none of that... only the Creator, the I-ternal... seen? So the way I-man see this (since I wrote that post I've been thinking about the Rasta-Islam connection more and more) is that like many (if not all) of the religions of today (e.g. Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism) is that there are misconceptions that followers dwell too much over. People tend to worship the church, not the God...

But we know Rasta don't do that, cuz Rasta is all about the InI... So we are a step ahead, and we got to show them how to take that step... that's how I-man see this...

Recently I've been posting at a site (www.rastafari.org) and its mainly people who are just learning about what Rasta is or people who have recently come to their realisation of being Rasta. I like helping people see truth, helping them see JAH Light. This is what we as the ones who KNOW got to do for the people who have to use the crutch. Show them how to gain knowledge from the crutch, keep gaining wisdom and inspiration from it, and gain it through themself in their own union with JAH. That's the real difference between Rasta and everyone else. It's all the same philosophy at its core, but we go about it in a much more advanced way.

Thanks for all your responses, there are some very wise people here! I should have started to post here a long time ago!

One love, JAH bless I-ternal!

Ras John

Messenger: ijah Sent: 1/22/2004 5:13:01 PM

Well explanation Ras John,

Give thx and praises for InI to overstand His Majesty ways,that one and all may prosper inna them dwellings..Jah RasTafari leadeth the way,on and on and on...

Iman sight it also like Ras john stated:We RasTafaris,it is our duty,to tell the people bout this conciousness,how fe mek use of babylon means,and use them for a proper purpose..Whether its about one of them Babylonian doctrine them follow,or about materialistic stuff..... it is in general...Evrything in this world that one might could use,can and should be used only to attain,and for the benefit of, a Righteouss and Equaly ruled Earth....SELASSIE I SHOWED INI EXAMPLE.FOLLOW H.I.M.

Yimmesgan Ulaghize

OneLove&Inity

Ijah

Messenger: mdjonas Sent: 1/23/2004 12:42:22 PM

What Ras John say is good. Some people come to know of Jah through religions. The main thing that INI know is that the knowledge got to come from within. The danger is that some people give credit to the religion forgetting that the religion is only a teaching that Jah use to show the people the light that is already inside them.
I like religion, but we should always focus on love. When we reach that final state we would no longer have need for any religion.
When we bear in mind that religion must fade away then we know that we would not depend on it, because it is temporary. Still we could use it while it is there, all the time remembering that the light within is the only truth.
Definitely it is easy to show people the higher truths when they have religion, because that religion is already a representation of Jah. All we have to show them is that the reason why they follow the religion come from within, and not from the teachings. It is life that make I follow the teachings, not the teachings that bring life to INI.
As a King trodding through time and space, I don't deal with temporary things. The Higher man is higher than everything that would fade away. We deal with Jah and INI. Religion is like any part of creation that changes and fades away with time, but still it is good, just like fruits and the rest of creation. So I use religion as a tool, that is all. When it is useful I use it, when it is not, I would not carry it anymore.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/26/2004 6:55:33 PM

Greetings,

I and I must reason the same to all people. Reasoning about the example of Jah. This way I and I will know that I and I are performing I and I duty.

Selassie I say,

On this occasion I address all those within Our Empire. Our Christianity is not restricted to a given church and I stress above all that We do not wish to make distinctions. My advice to all is to fulfil the Ten Commandments. You are aware of the contents of the Ten Commandments and can elaborate on it. If the nation for which I am the Emperor follows and accepts this, since its also what I accept and follow, I would believe our country is not only historically Christian but also actively Christian.

Interview with Dr. Oswald Hoffman

Bless,

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I