Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1741&start_row=21

the tree of life'z still there...

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 29
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 2/7/2007 9:57:52 AM

simple mind

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 2/7/2007 2:07:51 PM

Bredren we are all very happy that you are an ibogaine fan and whatever else Central nervous system stimulants your into.

No one here is fighting your point of view. You however are trying to dump your beliefs on us now. I'm sure each one of us will be willing to research iboga and give it consideration, but don't be condesending.

Messenger: prophet7 Sent: 2/7/2007 5:00:35 PM

@all

Who is to say who is right and who wrong ? I see all this judgement and condemnation on this Idren, Dagga, for what he believes/knows from those that claim to be Rasta ?

What does H.I.M. say about that ?

"Since nobody can interfere in the realm of God we should tolerate and live
side by side with those of other faiths. In the mystic traditions of the
different religions we have a remarkable unity of spirit. Whatever religion
they may profess, they are spiritual kinsmen. While the different religions
in their historic forms bind us to limited groups and militate against the
development of loyalty to the world community, the mystics have already stood
for the fellowship of humanity in harmony with the spirit of the mystics of
ages gone by."

"No one should question the faith of others, for no human being can judge of
the ways of God."

What all this pointing of fingers here about ?

If Dagga has found the tree of life who of us is to say he hasn't ? Just because of something you all read in the Internet ? LOL. C'mon.
The Bible may have said that GOD put HIM angels around this TREE but, HE never said that man can not reach or touch or eat of it. He says "the angels keep the way" of this tree - i.e., the way = METHOD. Method of what ? Of using it ? The secret of its use ?

Let everyman follow what them want without no condemnation to what they follow as long as they are not doing no harm to no-one else. That is Rasta livity.

And if you gonna accuse the Idren of following his ways by presenting his as wrong/false/etc.,etc., then all you are doing is trying to make yours look right before everyone else. That is not being conciouss.

prophet7

Messenger: dagga Sent: 2/7/2007 5:34:17 PM

brethren it's been a real pleasure for I to meet y'all in this forum ..I gotta leave now.I had something to share,to remind u :da sacrifice of Christ..and I m done now...'wish y'all long lives in Jesus Christ...Zion train is comin' ur way,u'd better get on board right now if u wanna get ur share of da tree that is waitin' fo'u there...The ALMIGHTY guide y'all 'coz da road of life is so rocky!!
JAH bless y'all...
ur sistren Dagga...

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/8/2007 12:27:40 AM

Prophet7, you quoted
--------------------------
"Since nobody can interfere in the realm of God we should tolerate and live side by side with those of other faiths. In the mystic traditions of the different religions we have a remarkable unity of spirit. Whatever religion they may profess, they are spiritual kinsmen. While the different religions in their historic forms bind us to limited groups and militate against the development of loyalty to the world community, the mystics have already stood for the fellowship of humanity in harmony with the spirit of the mystics of ages gone by."
-------------------------

This is actually from two separate quotes. The first sentence is something that Selassie I said. The next part is from a different speech when RasTafarI was presenting an award to Radhakrishan, and it wasn't Selassie I's words, but it was Selassie I quoting something Radhakrishan had said before.

Thanks for helping I notice that. A couple of the speeches on this site came from a website with a bunch of quotes from different speeches and they put it together making it look like one speech. Some time ago I broke up the "speech" and showed references to each of the different speeches that the parts actually came from, but I didn't notice that the one paragraph was a mix of two different speeches and especially the fact that almost the whole paragraph was originally said by somebody else. I updated the page on this website to clarify that paragraph, it is from "Material and Spiritual Progress.

That is not to say that Selassie I didn't agree with this statement. I feel that the reason He quoted it is because He agreed with it.

When you were speaking about judgement and condemnation I assume you weren't talking about I messages, unless I said something I didn't realize. The closest thing I said to judging is saying that she didn't see the Tree of Life.

prophet7, you said,
------------------
If Dagga has found the tree of life who of us is to say he hasn't ? Just because of something you all read in the Internet ? LOL. C'mon.
------------------

I have a LOL, C'mon for you too. My C'mon has to do with that statement completely misrepresenting I, so it puzzles I why it was even said.

When she first made the claim, she didn't even mention the iboga tree, so there was nothing on the internet for I too look at and it was not the internet that made I think it is not. I didn't look at the internet before I responded. It was only afterwards when she mentioned the name of the tree and suggested that we look it up on the internet that I actually looked it up.

And see the point of what I said in reference to what I saw on the internet.

--------------------------------------
dagga, you said,
---------------------
iboga is the tree of life,nobody never ever said that it could be the tree of knowledge.
---------------------

Go to google.com and type:
iboga "tree of knowledge"

and see how many pages you see of people saying something that "nobody never ever said"
-------------------------------------
This reference to the internet was to show why would I just accept that what she said is true, as she was implying that we should. When she says "nobody never ever said that" with such conviction like there is no way that anybody said that because she "knows" that nobody ever said that. But with a couple of clicks of a button I can see that many people said that.

People make so many claims based on imagination. I was told by a person that turmeric and garlic have vitamin B12, and when I said that as far as I know they don't, the person said that they did have it for sure. If anybody does some research on turmeric and garlic, I would be surprised if you found even one credible source that said that they have B12.

I got tired of distracting Iself with people's claims many years ago. Too many people make claims based on nothing, no sources and not even based on logic.

And the other reason I mentioned what I saw on the internet. I said:
You claim iboga is the Tree of Life and others claim this as well. While others claim the iboga is the Tree of Knowledge.

And others claim the Tree of Life and the Tree of Knowledge are other trees.

People make alot of claims, so are all of them correct? Are there many different varieties of plants (that are not even of the same plant family) that are the Tree of Life?

Prophet7, what is the best response to a claim that I disagree with? Should I pretend to agree, or try to make illogical deductions to build up a case for the tree? Or should I say nothing, neither supporting or disagreeing with the statement?

I don't like to pretend to agree with things I disagree with. And part of the reason I reason on this forum is to show people the way that I see, so they can become One with Jah. So with this perspective, saying nothing would make I feel like I am silently agreeing with the statement, and by doing so I would be encouraging others to deal with something I see as imagination and a distraction.

Dagga said what she said as if she knows it is true. And I said what I said as if I know it is true. So both of us made statements about what we know or believe (time will tell if either of us actually know or just falsely believe).

I would rather be wrong sometimes and be corrected, then waver and speak like every possibility is right. If somebody has more than just a claim and convinces I of something, then I am happy to learn and change I thinking. I would much rather have somebody show I why they disagree with something I say instead of them staying quiet and letting I continue thinking something that is wrong. So I try to do the same towards others. Sometimes I convince them and sometimes they convince I.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: prophet7 Sent: 2/8/2007 10:22:53 AM

Well actually my post was to all. All I was saying is let the Idren believe what him want. Everyman have the right to decide him own destiny.

Of course eveyrone have the right to share him own view on the subject too. So I see and overstand what you mean Idren, now that you have explained your standpoint. Peace.

prophet7

Messenger: Iyahboga Sent: 10/17/2013 9:16:16 PM

Dagga hit the nail on the proverbial head in my experience. It is not metaphorical, I have years of experience with Iboga and a strong relationship with Jah. I'm sorry I'm so late to the conversation. This is extremely controversial but I did get addicted to ganja for many years and it was Iboga that healed me. Not only the tree of knowledge for me it is the flesh of Jah. Please don't speak as if you know unless you have had Iboga, otherwise your words have no merit on this subject. Dogmatic Rasta's can't stand that the garden of Eden is in Gabon and the African jewel of healing is a root and not a flower. Now shut your bible and open your minds to the possibility of inherent plant wisdom of all knowing capabilities. The Bwiti ... But your minds remained trapped in constructs of dogmatic interpretations.

Messenger: Msquare Sent: 5/22/2015 3:23:57 PM

Dear Iyahboga
That's a real pleasure to read ur reply, (8) eight years after my post about the Tree of Life. I'm Dagga. And I would really like to discover what u did keep from ur iboga experience. what do u think about it? for me, I m still convinced, that's the king of all vegetables, thet tree of life. no dogmatism.

Hope to read u soon.

Jah bless.

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 5/24/2015 11:40:06 AM

Dear All,

"Through the middle of the street of the city; also, on either side of the river, the tree of life with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. " Revelations 22:2

The city it is talking about is the streets of Babylon, right here and right now. When it says "the tree of life", I think it isn't referring to one particular tree. Look outside and see the trees on the side of the road. I see, here, Oak trees. In spain you may see olive trees. In the tropics perhaps you would see coconut palms.

I can understand why you may think that Iboga is "THE" tree of life, because the action of psychedelics is such that they life you out of Babylon, and give you a glimpse of spiritual zion.

Some would say that THE tree is cannabis... I would say that it is not referring to one specific tree... It is referring to trees around the world, most of which have fed and nourished man, both physically and spiritually, throughout history.

All the best,

Joe

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 29

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I