Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1710&start_row=11

How do I n I feel of this saying

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/21/2007 12:35:12 PM

This is basically what the religious mind is confronted with

On one hand you are told that Christ is the One begotten Son of the Father,God Almighty in flesh who gave His blood as a sacrifice and conquered death so that whosoever believeth in Him should have eternal Life and never die.
On the other you have an idea which came a few hundred years later teaching basically the same teachings of love and truth but totally denies the divinity of christ and downgrades him to a prophet and basically says He lied to you...He said He died for you but instead sacrificed another in his place.

How do you reconcile these two ideas?
Does it matter?

Messenger: RaSufferI Sent: 1/21/2007 6:44:26 PM

Muslims would say it is the church which has lied not Yeshua. Our salvation does not come from yeshua's death but from our choice to follow the life which he lived. JAH allows us to live eternally and JAH will do it in the way he chooses. It is not my responsability to judge muslims. The word Muslim, one who submits to the will of God, is definately something I aspire to be. It matters to me more the teachings of Christ Yeshua than wether or not he died and rose from the dead. Rising from the dead isn't that uncommon and also negates dying.

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 1/22/2007 12:19:03 AM

some good words, bless always

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 1/22/2007 10:10:21 AM

If you spear a dead man, he will not bleed.
If you give a thirsty man vinegar, he will choke.
No man can be crucified in one day, not without ... help.

Jesus the Christ started no church; Jesus the Christ birthed no religion; he did, however, spark at least one revolution.
Peter and John the Beloved started the Catholic church and called themselves Christians.
Whom do you follow?

Never close your eyes and call that faith, open your eyes and call that wisdom.

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I