Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1672&start_row=31

Difference between Ideological and Spiritual Rastas

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 43
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/14/2013 8:51:41 PM

OK I see this is from the archives. Interesting to know if Ark-I still holds the same interpretation of Rastafari, or whether time has been a wisdom.

lets dissect,
as InI spirit tells i that there may be an underlying meaning which is corruption.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

"RasTafarI has nothing to do with ideology, it is a Mystical Trod. The ways of the Rastaman are documented by some in the form of an ideology, and some people read these "ideologies" and relate to RasTafarI people."
_________________________________________________________________________________________

- Look up the meaning of Rastafari. I am fully aware that that would mean a babylonian definition but never the less, lets take an example from the first line of RASTAFARI on wikipedia:

Rastafari movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rastafari_movement‎;;;
The Rastafari movement is an African-based spiritual ideology that arose in the 1930s in Jamaica.

Another example of An african spirited ideology would be the practice of Voodoo or Obeah.

"There is something I say to people often but I haven't written it on this forum yet. There are two types of people that call themselves Rasta, Spiritual Rasta and Ideological Rasta."

- Didnt you just say Rastafari has nothing to do with ideology? Now you make reference to two types of Rasta: Spiritual rasta (which you just defined is what rastafari is all about) and Ideological rasta - which you Just said has NOTHING TO DO WITH RASTA. Would this would be to infer that Ideological Rastas are fake dread?

"Ideological Rastas have read or have been told about the ways of RasTafarI people and they relate to these ways. So they adopt these ways or at least some of these ways and trod accordingly. They have not experienced the Spiritual heights of RasTafarI people because that Spirit doesn't exist within them. That is not to say that they will not reach Zion or that they are against Jah. They are just not RasTafarI people."
__________________________________________________________________________________

- OK.

OXFORD DICTIONARY:

ideology
ˌ;;;ʌ;;;ɪ;;;dɪ;;;ˈ;;;ɒ;;;lə;;;dʒ;;;i,
noun
a system of ideas and ideals

- You said: 'Spiritual rastas trod based on what jah has shown InI' - Does this not include Ideas and Ideals? As in relation to the standard definition of ideology. So Jah DOESNT give spiritual Rastas any ideas or ideals? This is confusing...

__________________________________________________________________________________

"Spiritual RasTafarI will never Leave Jah RasTafarI, Haile Selassie I, but Ideological Rastas will almost always do this eventually.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I"

All I see you doing is creating DIVISION. WHY would I want to fight my brother if I have the 'spirit of Jah' in I, and he seeks to find evidence and knowledge to show the dinvity of Jah? Whats wrong with any of that? Hopefully them could come together and get a REAL strength. Theres many different pathways to Jah. You should know this.

"The Rastafari movement is an African-based spiritual ideology..."

We need the spirit like we need the science, we need the vibration like we need the study, we need the mystic like we need the reality. Its a balance. The concept of Ma'at been out there for Thousands of years. Stop create division, just to use it to try and discredit another Rasta with an ideology.... I wonder which ideology Rastas you would oppose?

Ital is an ideology, i doubt you would oppose them..

'black power', is another ideology.......

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 11/15/2013 7:36:20 AM

I think what Ark I is saying about Ideology Rasta is,those who have read rastafari in books,internet,etc but didnt experience Rastafari.

These are kind of people who only know the visible part of the order,like,locks,Ital food,herbs etc but didnt come to the sight of H.I.M.

The only way you can know them is if you look how they trod,they base on their own ovastanding,e.g man jus cut him locks because him afraid to lose the girl him want to get married.

Such decisions can distinguish ideological n spiritiual Rasta.Ideological usually fall for good in the trod because they base on their logics not the mystics

Messenger: Raybob Sent: 11/15/2013 3:16:40 PM

"""The only way you can know them is if you look how they trod,they base on their own ovastanding,e.g man jus cut him locks because him afraid to lose the girl him want to get married."""

That is a big part of what got me to step out of babylon. The bible says those that choose to live for the King WILL suffer persecution for righteousness. In white man's religion, InI saw no one that was being persecuted for righteousness. InI saw many claiming to serve the King, yet they thought persecution was for a future time called 'tribulation' before the kingdom comes. They do not overstand the kingdom came 2000 years ago, thanks to teachings of colleges and churches of men.

Rastafarianism is a religion that could have rules about nationalities, locks, speaking dread slang, etc. True Rasta FarI is in this world, but not of this world, because it exists in the spirit spirit world. He who feels it, knows it, by the spirit.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/15/2013 5:40:19 PM

Maybe my post was too long. Ideology is collected ideas and beliefs. We need ideology and to be in tune with the spirit . Jah has a clear set of rules like not to cause harm to your brother, this is an ideology.

Who are you to say a rasta has or hasn't 'lived the experience of the livity' as posted above - have you gone to BobO hill or a rastafari tabernacle in the bush of Jamaica? ...... I'm just saying don't judge, you don't know what experiences a man has been thru

Rasta is the combination of the spirit and the idea and the livity

Don't cause division. It nah work.

Messenger: Raybob Sent: 11/15/2013 10:30:19 PM

<<" Jah has a clear set of rules like not to cause harm to your brother,">>

Jah used to have rules, because of hard hearts. Jeshua put the law in men's hearts, with Jah's spirit, the spirit of truth. If we live guided by Jah's spirit, the law IS in our hearts as we serve the King Jah Rastafari!

"..Ain't no rules, ain't no vows, it don't matter anyhow, I in I will see you through ... every day, we pay the price as a living sacrafice..."-B. Marley

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/16/2013 12:20:23 AM

Blood pump in my heart rasta, no law in deh, anything else a confusion. My brain has a frontal lobe which deals with higher cognition which deals with reason which through seeing myself in the divinity of jah I can relate to my immediate surroundings and form a basis of ideals and moral codes to live by. I am not going to harm my brother today nor will I harm him tomorrow. That's an ideal to live by, as law.

Jah Law - Ras Batch.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/16/2013 12:21:14 AM

Messenger: Raybob Sent: 11/16/2013 3:54:06 AM

Everyone has a voice inside their head, if they listen for it. Listen. That's Jah talking.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/16/2013 9:50:09 PM

Lol, dn't say that, some people voice in them head tell them to do all kinda wickedness. You ever met a schizophrenic? There's also the many dread who say Jah did talk to them in a dream or in them head in some way, and jah tell them to chop up people..... There's people in jail right now fi dem ting deh. There's also many people who have gone to war with nations of people because their god tell them so.

Just do the right.

Messenger: Raybob Sent: 11/17/2013 6:00:28 AM

<" some people voice in them head tell them to do all kinda wickedness. You ever met a schizophrenic?">

ha ha. InI was once certified schizo in late 70s. Left home '75 for SF to play music for living. Came back '78, earthly father signed me into Longview mental for evaluation. He knew I did drugs and drank beer. He didn't know how much beer. This was in days before alcoholic care units. Docs were told InI did psycho drugs so they put me on crazy meds.. long story. InI was in/out various hospitals, diagnosed schitz, then manic/depressive, then "mania", then later alcoholic. During those 'stays', InI met more schizo people than you could ever imagine. ALL of psychiatry is of the devil. After learning about creator in 80s, InI believe every one InI ever met in those places could have been totally healed if they only had faith. Every one in there was fearful of something. Faith would heal every one, guaranteed! Funny, I stopped drinking beer in '91, never was put in ever again.

<" There's also the many dread who say Jah did talk to them in a dream or in them head in some way, and jah tell them to chop up people..... There's people in jail right now fi dem ting deh.">

Yes, many people from different backgrounds will 'say' they heard a voice telling them kill, but that is not Jah. Jah says turn the other cheek, Jah says love and pray for your enemy.

<" There's also many people who have gone to war with nations of people because their god tell them so.">

Bro, that's been going on since before Pharaoh commanded every male child to be killed, as far as nations and governments. Nothing is new under the sun.

<"Just do the right.">

Selah.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 43

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I