Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1647&start_row=21

Re: Ashkenazi

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 35
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: White dread Sent: 10/19/2006 2:38:18 PM

What was your question?
I want to ask your directly cause if I have to find it I might see the wrong question. Seen?

One Love

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 10/19/2006 3:32:30 PM

How long were the Israelites in egypt?

Exodus 12:40 Now the sojourning of the children of Israel, who dwelt in Egypt, was four hundred and thirty years.

Acts 12:6 And God spake on this wise, That his seed should sojourn in a strange land; and that they should bring them into bondage, and entreat them evil four hundred years.

So which is it? The bible is Gods word right? Is it 400 or 430?

Lets say God made a typo. But, when Jacob and his sons went into Kemet, 215 years before the "call of abraham by ywh" exactly 112 years after Abrahams death, which would mean that the desendents of Jacob and his sons could not have slaved in Egypt for more than 216 years MAX!

This is the first question I asked. So how does this work?

Messenger: White dread Sent: 10/19/2006 4:18:18 PM

perhaps it's a translation error?

I seriously don't know. It is god words but throught the eyes of men.
All I know that i do not really care for years. It is the geat overall message that I find worthy for my attention. But still Iman overstand your quest for knowlegde.

One Love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/19/2006 5:54:13 PM

The Bible was written with the hand of man. Jah inspired much of what is written. All righteousness is of God, so all righteousness in the Bible is the word of God.

Dreadnut, you said:

------------------------------
How long were the Israelites in egypt?

Exodus 12:40 Now the sojourning of the children of Israel, who dwelt in Egypt, was four hundred and thirty years.

Acts 12:6 And God spake on this wise, That his seed should sojourn in a strange land; and that they should bring them into bondage, and entreat them evil four hundred years.

So which is it? The bible is Gods word right? Is it 400 or 430?
------------------------------

I am sure you can find inconsistencies more worthwhile to speak about then that. I didn't even think it was worthwhile answering the first time you said it, but since you said it again it must be important to you. So here is my question that suggests the answer.

Ever heard of rounding?

When Africans say they were enslaved for 500 years, do you think it is exactly 500 years? I don't know what the exact number of years is between slavery and the "official" release of slaves, but it is most likely a few years or decades more or less then 500.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 10/19/2006 6:01:59 PM

Ark you only addressed half the question, and you addressed the easy part.

Why did't you copy and paste the rest? Didn't you just post a speech about being partial?

Heres the part you didn't answer. Maybe cause it can't be answered right, or should I suppose you accidently skimmed over it?

"when Jacob and his sons went into Kemet, 215 years before the "call of abraham by ywh" exactly 112 years after Abrahams death, which would mean that the desendents of Jacob and his sons could not have slaved in Egypt for more than 216 years MAX."

This is the bibles time line not mine. So you say they rounded huh? Rounded 215 all the way up to four hundred. Guess they should have studied math while they were in Kemet.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/19/2006 6:23:58 PM

Dreadnut, you said
--------------------------
Ark you only addressed half the question, and you addressed the easy part.

Why did't you copy and paste the rest? Didn't you just post a speech about being partial?
--------------------------

Firstly, that was not two halves of one question. They were two questions asked in the same post.

The statement I quoted above shows that you know that I was only answering the first question. So what puzzles me is why you said this:
---------------------------
So you say they rounded huh? Rounded 215 all the way up to four hundred. Guess they should have studied math while they were in Kemet.
---------------------------

If you knew that I was only answering the first question, what is your purpose for making it appear like my answer had anything to do with the second question?

If you want to know the reason I didn't answer the second question, it is because I would have had to research in the scriptures to see if what you are claiming is true. And I didn't feel like spending so much of I time doing that, it would bring me no closer to Jah.

I can't guarantee that I will answer all the questions you have because I don't feel like spending all my free time on the Internet or debating these subjects that I don't feel bring I closer to Jah. But if you actually show some of the proof behind your claims and post the scriptures that show the inconsistencies, I would be more likely to answer more of your questions.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 10/19/2006 6:29:16 PM

If you knew that I was only answering the first question, what is your purpose for making it appear like my answer had anything to do with the second question?

It wasn't meant to be taken that far. Sarcasm, another bad habit I'm sure.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/19/2006 6:43:39 PM

Another thing Dreadnut,

The things you speak about the Bible have been posted all over the Internet for a very long time, and much more is posted. Some people trying to say the Bible is a fraud and others trying to disprove the other people's claims.

And one thing I find in common with every single one of these websites (on both sides) is that they have a few strong points, but most of it are weak points, deceptions and half-truths.

You should just post the website links that speak about these things and let people read all of what you are going to say because it can all be found in those websites, you probably found a lot if not all of your inconsistencies from them. Instead of putting one point here and one point there dragging out this issue that has been spoken about in great detail by so many people on the Internet.

And while you are at it, you can post all the websites that try to disprove these claims. Show the research that has already been done, instead of I and I going through the same thing that so many others have repeated over and over again. Why waste all the time people have already spent on this subject.

We can go through the same process and spend the hours, days, months, or years that others have spent. But I know that I am not interested in that. I feel it was a waste of time the first, second, third, fourth.............. time it was done. As I said in I other post, "Rise instead of fall".

I would much prefer that you show I and I the teachings of KMT. So I and I can learn the things that are good in those teachings. That is something that will cause I and I to Rise instead of fall.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: kc366 Sent: 10/19/2006 6:45:26 PM

The fact is KMT is strongly associated with its mother Ethiopia. AEthiopia’s ancient boundaries are more expansive than its contemporary. Ethiopia’s culture flowed the length of the nile (and beyond) and fertilized everything in its path. Many romanticize Ethiopia, and rightly so, but which Ethiopia.

Rastas whom overemphasize Ethiopia’s historical relevance is shortsighted. Yes, Ethiopia is the new Jerusalem, but the entire continent is our earthly heaven. We should equally revere those lands where our ancestors migrated from along the full length of the nile.

Perhaps InI on the wrong board, but if historical facts overlap then we should be able to critically assess / reason those points involved. I can equally give thanks for Re of old & himself in this dispensation as Ras Tafari. Open the intelligence and observe the living God, Re, of all time; observe Asar, his son. The Europeans copied our ancient texts from the steles and wove factual stories with their ill conceived fabrications. That’s why we encounter so many irreconcilable inconsistencies in the book. Nevertheless, despite these corruptions, the attributes of the central characters remain unchanged to this day. So Hail Ras Tafari, Hail King Emmanuel, Hail Honorable Mosiah Garvey.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 10/19/2006 7:05:39 PM

Ark I never posted a website, nor was any website my source of information. I have learned things through analitical information processing, I have read books by many authors who have spent their lives in Kemet as Black Africans devoting their lives to the story of their people both past and present, lives lectures as well as those video recorded with hours and hours of live footage at the reliefs right in front of the eye.

I am not able to type everything. Some of the pictures I would like to show can't even be distributed without permission and reason, and I must say rightfully so.

I never never use the internet for a source.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 35

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I