Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1632&start_row=11

Marcus Speech?

1 - 1011 - 17
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: zionI Sent: 10/18/2006 8:27:10 PM

Bro Dominique.

Check the film again. Did HIM lay a wreath at Marcus' site (which is what Iman was told HIM did not do) ? Let InI know of what the I finds.

Give Thanks.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 10/18/2006 8:34:25 PM

His Majesty knows the deep and prevading truth that it is better to give than recieve.

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 10/19/2006 8:59:18 AM

Ises

As I said I saw this on the original video-report of HIM visit to JA. But till some time I have no more chance to watch videos (no player) so I can't check it again.
But just check youtube.com, maybe you find it there, or somewhere else on the net, the video documentary. I believe strongly that I saw HIM visiting and putting down (don't know the english word) such a thing at marcus' memorial. Yes I'm sure...

Selah

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 10/19/2006 1:44:38 PM

zionI,
I don't doubt that Marcus had many connections with Islam.
He had more of an economic, social, and cultural viewpoint than a theological one, but he also incorporated his deep-rooted Christian principals into his philosophy.

Messenger: FarI-Sight Sent: 10/20/2006 3:26:12 AM

How come we are told this is what Marcus wrote when he was in London, but it is not stated WHERE Marcus did write this, i have never heard this.
The white men is possible of anything to divide the plight for African redemption and Marcus prophesied this and it has come to pass.
Whom do you believe, the Lion or the Hunter?
Marcus declared he worships the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob, the God of Ethiopia the Father Son and Holy One
Marcus I, Selassie I Jah Rastafari

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 10/20/2006 9:04:37 AM

Marcus also reffers to Haile Selassie as a slave runner in his poetry book.

Marcus also says that white should no longer be the holy color, but black.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 10/20/2006 7:48:47 PM

And for the record, yes His Majesty did pay tribute to Marcus Garvey, its also in the video as Anbesa said.

1 - 1011 - 17

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I