Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=162&start_row=1

~~Limits~~ of Power

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: mdjonas Sent: 1/16/2004 3:04:01 PM

People like to say Jah can do anything.
I say that Jah can do anything, except lie. Jah cannot lie, he don't know how to do that.
The brethren will accept this, I am sure. And there is much more that we can learn when we see that Jah cannot lie. For example when Jah create something it is there, and it cannot exist and don't exist at the same time. Also it cannot be what it is and something different at the same time. That would be a lie.
This is not to limit Jah, because Jah have all power. This is just to show that Jah would never allow us to be confused by things that don't make sense. Some people think it shows great faith when they say that Jah is capable of impossible things, like making a circular triangle. They are only showing their lack of faith in themselves. We should remember that the things we can see are shown to us by Jah, and he would not confuse us.
I always remember two things that is my foundation in knowledge: The first is that Jah is the only creator of everything. The other one is that Jah cannot lie.
Just a meditation.
Love.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/16/2004 3:13:22 PM

Greetings,

I would say that Jah will never lie, rather than say that he can't do it. Jah can do anything, but Jah will not do everything.

Bless,

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 1/16/2004 3:31:49 PM

truth

Messenger: ijah Sent: 1/16/2004 3:39:42 PM

Ahmlack Yimmesgan,glory to JAH,let HIM be praised

As Marley sings:

``..He will not deceive us,my brethren.He will only lead us again.
So tek that veil from of your eyes,look into the future of realize..``

RasTafari is His name...JAH

One PerfectLove&Inity and Prosperty
SELASSIE I

Blessed greetings, ijah

Messenger: mdjonas Sent: 1/17/2004 12:07:01 PM

True. It is better put that way, because it is from choice that he would never lie. Boil down to the same thing for us though, because obviously he cannot do what he don't choose to do. Just a word thing, but we saying the same thing. Main fact it can't happen.

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I