Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1613&start_row=1

How do we as rastas explain to family

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: naphtali Sent: 9/12/2006 1:36:57 PM

I'm fairly young, and I'v been intersted in the culture and faith for about 3 years, but my mom and aunts, uncles etc...don't overstand, how do you deal with this?

Messenger: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa Sent: 9/13/2006 8:55:03 AM

keep it straight. if you cannot leave mother, brother, father, family for Christ, then you aint ready.
But I see the problem in reality. You must always deal straight and honestly. Nothing can fight Rasta coz it's the most natural thing. keep it natural, show them natural, and hopely they will see. bless

Selah

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 9/13/2006 7:05:48 PM

Blessings in the name of the most high, Rasta Far I Immanuel Haile I Selassie I.....

Bredren, INI refer the i to the Sermon on the mount.....Matthew chapters 5, 6, and 7... if the i has a red letter IBLe the i shall site straight away Yeshua word....read the entire three chpaters....and site the answer to the i quest......and if the earth family is "religious" or beLIEvers of the IBLE, refer them to this and to NUmbers 6.......i experience is that ones and ones often don't want anything explained to them, they just want the i to change and beLIEve like them.

As i-bredren says... truth and know who the i is.....be ready to leave the earth ones......

blessed
rasta far i
Emmanuel
Haile I Selassie I

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 9/13/2006 9:03:26 PM

A young plant should always protect itself by a fence from the mischief of goats and cows and little urchins. But when once it becomes a big tree, a flock of goats or a herd of cows may find shelter under its spreading boughs, and fill their stomachs with its leaves. So when you have but little faith within you, you should protect it from the evil influences of bad company and wordliness. But when once you grow strong in faith, no worldliness or evil inclination will dare approach your holy presence, and many who are wicked will become godly through your holy contact...

I know how the I feels. I had to go through it I self, just hold to your faith and as you grow in the wisdom and knowledge of this faith, then merely by observing you, they may begin to overstand.

Messenger: IRIE LION Sent: 9/22/2006 1:58:02 AM

JUST READ THE POST ABOVE IMAN....NOTHING ELSE NEEDS TO BE STATED...THAT WAS SEALED...MORE LOVE AND RIGHTEOUSNESS UNTO ALL IDREN IN THE FAITH... SELASSIE I LIVE!!!!

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 9/22/2006 6:36:21 PM

How can the life of pure unconditional love and faith in god not be overstood? just be yourself and go your way and show love and stand firm. lead by example, what can they say about goodness? With time it will all come together, JAH knows!

Bergy

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I