Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1562&start_row=11

1 - 1011 - 17
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 10/11/2006 11:41:21 AM

nothing wrong with funny!

Iman have met Rasses w/ British and Spanish accents, Inity.

Messenger: I Selahssie i son Sent: 10/11/2006 2:03:51 PM

Wa u a talk a say? Rastas are known espeacially by their language patio,aint jamaicans alone know their culture language.Jamaicans aint the only ones who speak patio.Most Caribbean people speak this patio,and jamaica is not the first down ah in the caribbean.Is just that jamaica get more media attention than some the caribbean islands.And this language was not originated in jamaica,also the rasta movement,Our Ancestors brought these things from africa during the time of slavery.So dont be surprise to see non jamaicans speaking their africaan patio language.Its easy to speak thats why.Dat-that,dem-them,dey-they,etc.This language reach all ends of the earth.Even the white and yellow man a hail haile king Selahssie i and speak patio.Jah Rastafari!

Messenger: NevisBwoy Sent: 10/11/2006 8:57:28 PM

Jamaica Jamaica Jamaica, mussi di only ilsand in de west indies, anyone who grew up in de west indies including my stink white ass speak patio, one form or another, i could yank too, perfect english, so to speak. The tone on this forum to me is that nobody want to share this specail thing called rasta, is like they ego love that they the only ones who hold the truth, or if its shared is has to be each owns interpretation of rasta, and i see many on here, i sure one of you will come say who is right and who is worng, who is ras and who is not. All i hear is words, no works... no matter what is said here, it will do no good without action, if your not living proof of what you say your words will go unheard, as im sure mine will LOL... dread lion said something profound to me... that iner silence, that is so rare to us, or at least to me, is there anytime during the day when we are not thinking? seems like a dumb question cuz everyones suffering from it, words and symbols are mind activity, words can only point to the truth, they can never define it, if you think the world was formed by words i think your mistaken, your mind cannot see past its own senses... your limited to words, your limited to your mind, you HAVE to have a concrete foudation of WHAT IS... you feel weakness in accepting that you dont know. But your not weak because YOU KNOW, and I DONT. the ego is cunning, it will finds its way in the back dorr untill you ceasse to think, just be. White privalage mentality rears its unlgy head again, I appologize

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 10/12/2006 12:07:36 AM

Jah works :-)

Live your life with JAH LOVE and show it and share it with and in everything you do!

Beautiful man

Jah Bless

Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 10/19/2006 5:46:37 AM

some thing Iman don't overstand is why some people use amharic or hebrew words/phrases in forums/discussion-boards ?
there ain't much brethren or sistren who overstand it.
so why some brethren answer in another language that's not overstood by the great majority of brethren/sistren?
in my opinion, it seems to me like often it's only used for to impress others.
i think there brethren/sistren of course that use amharic/hebrew because of the word-sound-power. but in my critical point of view often it's only a way of impressing someone, like..."wow, he can speak amharic"...something like that. see what I mean?
I don't speak against its use for word-sound-power, but i think sometimes it's a wrong idea behind it...
something like that, you know?

opinions?

PS: Bro Dominiq Yehyah Anbesa -> are you the person who long time went by the name of "Nyah Ambassa-dah"? is that you?
i send greetings, if it's you ;)

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 11/25/2006 12:30:15 AM

Bless...rasta far i Immanual Haile I Selassie I

much appreciate the comments ...just consider that ilyic and patois is not the same....Much appreciate to those who speaking ilyric, for the purpose of POSITIVE WORD SOUND POWER...It is a conscious word and like the bredren sited that the rythym and the depth of the words are beautiful and clear and concise to those ones and ones to overstand. so not so quixk to judge who are non-jamacians, or west indian or patois...., maybe a young rasta excercising lyric....It is blessed to be corrected and a lesson to correct a bredren or sistren in livity........so keep an open heART

blessed love
rasta far i

Messenger: I Selahssie i son Sent: 11/27/2006 12:15:18 PM

Raspect Sistren,truth.blessed love Rastafari

1 - 1011 - 17

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I