Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1546&start_row=1

rastifari

1 - 1011 - 13
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: penny Sent: 7/8/2006 8:25:48 AM

thanks to all for the info and web sites but i would like to know what parts of the bible do we accept should we accept the new testament even though what happened at the council of nicea in 300 a.d. dont mean to be a pest but i need to know

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 7/8/2006 1:14:32 PM

Greetings,

First, please learn to spell Rastafari. Haile Selassie's family name was Tafari and a Ras was like a duke or a governer -- therefore Ras Tafari, seen?

Secondly, the biblical tradition is central to the movement of Rastafari, but your personal relationship with and interpretation of scripture is your own. It amazes me personally that with the state of modern historical archeological and literary scholarship that anyone could still take this heavily edited anthology of ancient writings as the inerrant word of the One True God, but I am still in the minority, you must find your own Truth.

"Accepting" the Bible is not the same thing as believing against all evidence that it is infallible. Most other cultures have no trouble seperating their mythologies or spiritual movements from historical fact, but still they "accept" their traditions. This confusion has led to great atrocities amongst the three Abrahamic traditions, the peoples of the book, this is the great three-way sibling rivalry which threatens the whole world today.

p.s. if you search this forum for the word "essay" you will find an essay Iman composed which summarizes the Biblical tradition from Adam to Selassie and InI.

ONE BLESSED LOVE IN InI OWN IVINE MAJESTIES HAILE SELASSIE I EMPRESS MENEN I, KING ALPHA QUEEN OMEGA, ANCIENT OF DAYS, ABABAJHONI

Messenger: Ras Luke Hickey Sent: 7/9/2006 10:20:25 AM

Taken from http://www.nyahbinghi.org "Who is Haile Selassie I?"

"On the 23rd of July 1892 a child was born to Ras Makonnen and Wayzaro Yashimabet of the Ethiopian province of Harar. His father was a mighty ambassador and cousin of the Ethiopian Emperor Menelik II."

"The child was named Tafari Makonnen and his birth was the fulfillment of the prophecy being a direct descendant of the ancient line of David and Solomon and Queen Makeda of Ethiopia."

H.I.M Haile Selassie I
JAH Ras Tafar I

Messenger: zionI Sent: 7/10/2006 12:20:37 AM

As Dread Lion sights, the 'Bible' is an anthology of books written by men.

Check inside your heart if you're looking for JAH.

He will guide you and give you all the answers you need. You don't need no preacher, church, mosk or synagogue to mediate or communicate or interpret between you and The Father. InI communcation with the Father is DIRECT.

His Majesty has directed InI to read the bible in any language and to benefit from its fruits. So InI shall. But HIM also teaches InI to think free and for InI selves. Even the most bountiful tree has bad fruit from time to time. Check before you swallow.

One love

Messenger: rasjames Sent: 7/12/2006 7:27:22 AMHidden - Foolishness
View Message  Reply

Messenger: Irey Iditation Sent: 7/12/2006 9:38:02 AM

greetings with blessed love

man.......u got no reason to be commin in here like that bein disRaspectful like that...

FIYA BURN DAT RUBBISH!

the I be a hypocrite as it is.....wit a name like.."rasjames" u aint no ras. HAHA THE I WISH THE I WAS A RASTA....

you commin in here like this to be an ass is the I own deal, but why mess with people's heads huh? YOU must be the antichrist pullin some ish like that. all i ask the I is why? why would the I want to say that! the I with the I's rediculous statements.....u hypocrite....get a life.

did this cat really say Selassie not God? whew....i be prayin hard for the I. get the I's ish straight. this week, sunday, the I should go to your church with your beliefs. but know this, Jah hears all, Jah feels all, JAH KNOWS ALL. I will be at Binghi on the Sabbath...Isin the Most High Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I...while the I kickin back thinkin the I knowin what be up cept Jah. Good luck to the I.

RASTA NO ABIDE DOWNPRESSORS, THE I SHALL BE DELT WITH IN JAH AGENDA.

SELASSIE I GOD! PRAISE H.I.M. JAH, RAS TAFARI, HAILE I SELASSIE I.

selah.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 7/12/2006 4:42:01 PM

So why the I call himself Ras James. You are not a ras, your a bummba clot. Cause Rastafari know InI don't deal with death. How can you kill Selassie I when His Imperial Majesty is the Living God?

Fyah!

Messenger: zionI Sent: 7/12/2006 6:16:00 PM

Mr. James,

When you have Rastas coming into your Church speaking on how your Church and the Baal it worships are fronts for the enslavement of millions of Jah Children, then you can come in InI midst with the this death propoganda.

If you're here to learn; welcome. Ask questions and listen.

If you are here to perpetuate an old lie to Jah Soldiers- you're pissing against the wind little brother. Go clean your face and come back with a different attitude.

Messenger: Irey Iditation Sent: 7/13/2006 8:01:46 AM

greetings all of I brethren

I got some lyrics for the I. written by a great person.

Igziabeher

IGZIABEHER
LET JAH BE PRAISED
NEGUSA NEGHAST
LET JAH BE PRAISED
ME DON E-AH LAMB

LET JAH BE PRAISED
LET HIM BE PRAISED(3X)

HE WATERETH THE HILLS
FROM HIS CHAMBERS
AND THE EARTH IS SATISFIED
SO SATISFIED
HE MAKETH THE GRASS TO GROW FOR ANIMALS
JAH MADE THE HERB FOR MAN(3X)

FRET NOT THYSELF
BECAUSE OF EVILDOERS
NEITHER BE THOU ENVIOUS
AGAINST THE WORKERS OF INEQUITY
FOR THEY SHALL SOON BE CUT DOWN
CUT DOWN LIKE GRASS
AND THEY SHALL WITHER LIKE CORN

LET JAH ARISE
AND LET ALL HIS ENEMIES BE SCATTERED
LET THEM THAT HATE JAH
NOW SCAT UP SHUT UP BUTT UP AND FLAT UP
AS THE SMOKE WAS DRIVEN AWAY
JAH, DRIVE THEM AWAY
AS THE ROCKS MELTED
LET THEM BE MELTED JAH-JAH

IGZIABEHER
LET JAH BE PRAISED
YOU DON E-AH LAMB
LET JAH BE PRAISED
NEGUSA NEGHAST
LET JAH BE PRAISED
LET HIM BE PRAISED(4X)

AHH...LIGHTNING
EARTHQUAKE
BRIMSTONE
FOR THE FIRE

I SAID LIGHTNING
BRIMSTONE AND FIRE
IGZIABEHER

WEAKHEART SCAT UP SHUT UP FLAT UP AND BUTT OUT
I FEEL IT
WEAKHEART FEEL IT
KILL THEM DEAD BEFORE THEM SPREAD...

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/13/2006 8:54:37 AM

Here is a correction to one of the lyrics.

Medhanie 'Alem
Let Jah be praised

You have to watch out when you copy lyrics from the internet. A lot of people post lyrics when they don't even Iverstand what the singer is saying, especially with Jamaican musicians.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 13

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I