Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=150&start_row=11

Babylon men

1 - 1011 - 13
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/16/2004 10:20:07 PM

Just because there is no babylon, doesn't mean that I and I won't know what is right or wrong. If we did do right and wrong things, but didn't know, as the I said, then babylon would be there in the wrong.

There is no reason why I and I can't Live right without seeing wrong. All I and I need is Jah. If I and I Live according to Jah direction, then we can't do wrong. It is just self imposed limits and lack of faith that makes humans think that there must be wickedness. It might be hard to consider such a thing, but that doesn't mean it is impossible.

As Selassie I show I and I in His reasoning to the judges

With the assistance of Our elders We have striven to improve the judicial system of our country from the time that We accepted the high responsibility of leading the destiny of our nation, realizing that this is part of our trust. As Saint Paul said: "Where specific law exists, try according to the law, where there exists no code of law, try according to your conscience."

Addressing Judges on Justice and The Law

If a group of people only knew how to do good works, and have never performed or seen any wicked works, and have no knowledge of such things. We as observers, would see that they are living Right and Good, because we also know of wicked ways as well. Just because they don't know wickedness, doesn't mean that their ways are not righteousness. They may not use such words as good and bad, or righteous and wicked, because they only have One way, but their One way is Good, according to our definition. And they don't need to see evil to Itinue in this way, they just need to heed Jah direction.

This doesn't exist today because all nations deal with good and bad, but I don't see any reason why good can't Itinue without bad. With Jah, it is possible.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 6/17/2004 2:52:59 AM

but if there were wrong things and we'd site that they were wrong, we could try to make'em bettah. and so we could eleminate babylon (through doin good things).

bob marley: "...we just want betterness"

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 1/25/2005 6:28:01 PM

Thought I make a comment on this older posting.

Babylon is here. And yes I agree we can learn from Babylon because Babylon will show the wrong and bad ways, so in that way it helps to see the wrong and bad. But we still know by faith and by our consicence what is right so we dont need to have wrong to live right.
And yes the goal should be to eliminate Babylon and therefore wrong and bad that is the goal in the long run, will we see it on earth for all the Is? We can see it for ourselves with faith and listening to our conscience and therefore living righteous but we may not see it in this time in this body for all of mother earth.

Marley said once: (I quoted this somewhere earlier)

"Anywhere devilism is, is Babylon. Babylon fill the air with bad vibes. The Devil ain't got no power over me. The Devil come and me shake hands with the Devil! Devil has his part to play, Devil's a good friend too, because when you don't know him, that's the time he can mash you down. The Devil's a dangerous guy. Is-a Jah going to protect me. He said fear not, have no fear."

So it helps sometimes to know the devil in that sense but that doesnt mean that the devil is needed. Seen?

Bergy

1 - 1011 - 13

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I